Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Bonehunters--Where to order?

I have noticed on the amazon.ca the bonehunters is 509 pages yet on amazon.uk it is listed as having 864 pages. Also uk it is out March 1 vrs. April 25. Why is there such a discrepentcy in pages? Does the uk edition have more in it? Thanks for any info. I cannot wait for the us edition.

Quote Originally Posted by sueVee
    I have noticed on the amazon.ca the bonehunters is 509 pages yet on amazon.uk it is listed as having 864 pages. Also uk it is out March 1 vrs. April 25. Why is there such a discrepentcy in pages? Does the uk edition have more in it? Thanks for any info. I cannot wait for the us edition.

as for page count I would just ignore it for now. TOR is only now getting ready for HoC so they have a few books to go.

The US version wont be around for close to two years, TOR is putting out a book every 9 months I believe.

I plan on ordering my copy via www.clarkesworldbooks.com since they should be importing a case or three from the UK.

I also plan to get mine from Neil @ Clarke's World. Amazon UK or eBay would be another choice. I see Amazon UK already lists the HC as limited availability & you can't add it to your cart for pre-order any more, but they do still have the trade pb for pre-order.

Don't know the reason for the discrepancy in page count between the Canadian & UK releases, but as a general rule you can't totally trust Amazon on details like page count, especially on a pre-order.

The UK and Canadian editions are one and the same, both being the Transworld hardcover version. Don't know why there is such a time difference concerning their availability. But Canada being a rather small market, I think they are in no rush to ship the books, which may explain why it comes out later. . .

Then again, amazon.ca will ship them as soon as they arrive in the country, which may be sooner than advertized. . .

Patrick

FYI, It's up for pre-order on Clarke's World now for anyone who planned to get it there.

Quote Originally Posted by werewolfv2
    Damn, 35$ thats a lot. Thank god im English

Quote Originally Posted by Swift
    Damn, 35$ thats a lot. Thank god im English
    About the same (slightly cheaper) than Amazon UK. The US dollar just isn't worth jack against the pound right now.

Heck it's a bargain compaired to the cost of Night of Knives.

clarkes is also taking orders for the paperback version

Quote Originally Posted by pat5150
    The UK and Canadian editions are one and the same, both being the Transworld hardcover version. Don't know why there is such a time difference concerning their availability. But Canada being a rather small market, I think they are in no rush to ship the books, which may explain why it comes out later. . .

Then again, amazon.ca will ship them as soon as they arrive in the country, which may be sooner than advertized. . .

Patrick
    I got my copy free from Pat I entered a comp on his blog and about a week ago the UK publishers sent me the Hardback

Quote Originally Posted by coeshaw
    I got my copy free from Pat I entered a comp on his blog and about a week ago the UK publishers sent me the Hardback

you lucky...

Good for you, Joe!

For those wondering about the exact number of pages, the book weighs in at 891 pages. Got it yesterday!

Patrick

In Aust all 5 paperbacks are out. The US is far behind in publishing; their publishers thought the series too complex for their readers.

Personally, I'd take that as a mortal insult by chair-gaoled exec who don't know you from a bar of oily soap. Exterminate!

And it can suck, for the paperbacks are already a few dollars higher than stanard; international shipping to the US adds a heavy cost. Aust and the UK are your best bets, really.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Actually, Canada is your best bet, since we also have all 5 paperbacks, and shipping to the US is bound to be cheaper, than if you ordered from Australia or the UK.

Canada would be your best bet for the first 5 probably, but not for The Bonehunters, unless you want to wait until the middle/end of April.