March 24th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Okay . . .So write and comment about quotes you find inspiring as a writer . . .quotes you enjoyed from Alison's works etc etc. . . .
Dervied from HERE
So Quote away my friends
March 24th, 2006, 10:16 AM
I think there is already a favourite pellinor quote thread but anyway my favourite quote though it's not strictly about writing is-
'Those who don't believe in magic will never find it'- Ronald Dahl.
March 24th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Yes Liana there is a Pellinor quotes thread. . .i started that one too but people seem to have many inspirational quotes as writers as well. . .
March 24th, 2006, 07:06 PM
I think therefore I am
"friends are like pillars. sometimes they lean on you, or sometimes they hold you up"
i am horrible at remembering names sooooo, i'll have to go and find it!
March 25th, 2006, 03:36 AM
*coughs* I found this quote by Alison on one of my wanderings in the wider forums which I liked very much. Hope you don't mind me posting it here, Alison:
"Writing seems to me very often a question of faith, of staying true to that little flame no matter what threatens to blow it out."
-- Alison Croggon
March 25th, 2006, 09:59 AM
March 25th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Miyazaki is the best, i love all his movies, I can't remember the last story i read that was happy or even had a happy ending (the ending of the Farseer is a good example of an unhappy ending)
For years i have been an amateur(very amateur) ufologist/paranormal investigator so another of my favourite quotes is-
'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science'- Albert Einstein
March 25th, 2006, 11:26 AM
“If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” - Isaac Newton
March 25th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Miyazaki is amazing. It's very true that there is human suffering in this world, and reading about grief and pain and despair will move us -- but move us to do what? Do they move us to give up on our doomed world, or move us to face our problems and fix them? There are good reasons for having happy, or at least hopeful, endings.
March 26th, 2006, 12:03 PM
March 26th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.
maybe not the best quote but its one of my favourites.
it is sort of true but probably no inspriational
March 26th, 2006, 02:18 PM
they are all very inspirational. ill have to go find a quote for me to post...
March 27th, 2006, 11:59 AM
here we go.
"One man's faith is another man's delusion"
"The only certainty is that nothing is certain"
Pliny the Elder
"Even he who is wider than te wise may err"
"What we call the future is the shadow which our past throws in front of us"
"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans"
These are my favorites.
Last edited by Silver Serpent; March 27th, 2006 at 12:03 PM.
March 27th, 2006, 04:45 PM
very good. I don't have a favorites list tho...
November 1st, 2006, 03:25 AM
I've got a list I made a while ago. Most of it got deleted, but I've still got some. My favorites are in bold. [There's a lot, so be warned!]
I'm just copy-pasting from Word so don't blame me if it looks weird! I do my best!
THE QUOTE PAGES
• To get nowhere, follow the crowd.
• There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And it’s only reward is that it’s easy.
• Do, or do not, there is no ‘try’.
• If you scatter thorns, don’t go barefoot.
• Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
• It is not enough to aim; you must hit.
• Life isn’t a matter of milestones, but of moments.
• Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
• Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness
• You miss all the shots you don’t take.
• When you drink the water, remember the spring.
• Life is a succession of lessons, which much be lived to be understood.
• The best and most beautiful things in life cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
• The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren’t paying attention to before.
• Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world.
• To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world.
• Everyone who lives, dies. But not everyone who dies, lives.
• Everything is okay in the end. If it’s not, then it’s not the end.
• If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain first.
• Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
• There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
• From the ashes of disaster, grow the roses of success.
• When you have a dream, you gotta grab it, and never let go.
• Fools look to tomorrow. Wise men use tonight.
• At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
• Be not afraid of growing slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.
• Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.
• Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
• Act honestly, and answer boldly
• There are three ingredients in the good life: learning, earning and yearning.
• Everything has been figured out, except how to live.
• Surely life, if it be not long, is tedious, since we are forced to call in the assistance of so many trifles to rid us of our time, of that time which never can return.
• Life is a pure flame, and we live by an invisible sun within us.
• Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it depends on what you put into it.
• Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
• The man who has no imagination has no wings.
• This above all: to thine own self be true
• Happiness is an expression of the soul in considered actions.
• The best proof of love is trust.
• Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
• An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
• We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
• Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts
• The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
• I am not sure I should have dared to start; but I am sure that I should not have dared to stop.
• A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject
• To err is nature, to rectify error is glory.
Tags for this Thread