Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: News

Well that's eleven days early. I do wonder if Amazon think themselves a law unto themselves. I hope you enjoy it Gaius!

Quote Originally Posted by nealasher View Post
    Well that's eleven days early. I do wonder if Amazon think themselves a law unto themselves. I hope you enjoy it Gaius!
    probably - hell i just assumed it had finished printing earlier than anticipated...... anyway - cormac, polity, ai's, big battles, superbad enemies in my favourite series of books - how am i not gonna like?!

oh wow! i just finished line war this morning and i thought it was brilliant! only now i just want more - it's such a compelling and complete universe... besides the w\ay you ended it kinda opened up more possibilities with certain changes haing occured. i thought the way you developed erebus was very clever, although initially revealing so much lost some of his threat (on an intellectual rather than event level). jerusalem really should have seen what was coming! the only real downer was the change to one character which leads to the ultimate conclusion - seemed slightly out of previous character to me. i don't want to say more because of spoilers for people that haven't read it but i think you'll know who i mean

still it's only a short wait for the cormac prequel story out soon - i can't wait!

oh and there was a spelling error on the third line...

Reminder

Neal Asher

Line War

RRP: 17.99
    Our Price: 14.99
    Saturday 5th April, 1-2pm
    London Megastore,
    179 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8JR

Line War is the fifth novel in his increasingly popular Agent Cormac series. The Polity is under attack from a 'melded' AI entity with control of the lethal Jain technology, yet the invasion seems to have no coherence. Further seemingly indiscriminate slaughter ensue and Ian Cormac is sent to investigate but he's struggling to control a new ability no human should possess. What's happening could bring about the end of the Polity itself.

All Orders must be placed before 12pm on Friday 4th April

To pre-order your signed copy please view his range of Signed Books

awesome signing neil - the 'afterparty' was even better

just saw your blog and the gal who got you to sign the white thing has almost the same name as me - how weird is that?! 0.0

anyway i just wanted to say thanks and: can't wait for the next one...!

dan

Read interesting books
    I finished Line War and it's an excellent, excellent ending to the Cormac saga and the best novel in the series.
    I posted my impressions in the Reading in April forum here:

http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showt...t=19486&page=2

Thanks for that, suciul. Thus far no one has accused me of the usual big SF series cop-out of a dues ex machina, or wiffling down into anti-climax.

If like me you've been wondering where your pre-order copy of "Shadow of the Scorpion" has got to? Well it looks they are all for sale on amazon.com, not .co.uk.

Here

$10.17 plus postage which translates to exactly 9.50 with delivery. A better price than the 120+ price on amazon.co.uk marketplace. Up to 5 week delivery but may be your only chance to get a reasonably priced copy.

I found out from reading Instapundit.com, the blogfather himself. Some very wise bod sent him a copy!

still no news on shadow of the scorpion, i wonder what the contractual problems were that neal spoke of and if they've been resolved yet. shame i'm really looking forward to this book.

If all else fails, just wait unitl next april when Pan Macmillan are releasing the UK version, hardback with some drool-inducing artwork:

And the short story collection, The Gabble is out in November, which I can't wait for

ah didn't know about the HC - thanks. still april is a loong way off, hopefully neal'll do another signing then did know about the gabble, but wasn't sure if it was a re-release of short-stories or not?

It is a collection of short stories, I think all of them have been available somewhere else before. I'm pretty sure neal put a post up on his blog about it a while back, but can't seem to find it at the moment.

Anybody know anything about "Orbus"? saw it mentioned very briefly on his blog a while back but no actual details.

From memory it continues the Spatterjay series (The Skinner, Voyage of the Sabel Keech) but not set on Spatterjay. I think it's a direct sequel to VSK with the Prador infected by the virus playing a big part, although I may be very mistaken. I'm looking forward to it very much indeed - I think it's probably due for release this time next year (we've got The Gabble next month and then Shadow of the Scorpion in April).

Thanks Chitman.

Should be able to ask Neal himself soon. He's just posted on his blog. First time since April.