Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are you reading now?

We've got tons of suggestions and favorites threads, I think we need a reading list thread.

So what is everyone reading now (or planning to read shortly)?

Currently, I'm reading Dragons of a Fallen Sun by Weis & Hickman.

I just finished "Queen Of Demons" by David Drake. It's book 2 of "The Lord Of The Isles" series. I'm going to order book 3, "Servant Of The Dragon". Until that gets here I'm going to read either "Seventh Son" by Orson Scott Card or "Stranger In A Strange Land" by Robert A. Heinlein.

The books that I would really like to be reading haven't come out yet...the 9th wheel of time, the new shannara book, and the 4th Harry Potter book. I'm just starting David Edding's Pawn of Prophocy, I also want to read the second book in the DragonLance series Dagons of winter night or something like that, but it is permanetly check out of the libray, and I can't afford to buy it right now.

Finished up Dragons of a Fallen Sun yesterday...great book. Nice to see Weis & Hickman teaming up again (and very nice to see that they have several projects in the works, not just new Dragonlance). My only minor complaint of DoFS would be that it is merely the lead-in for the next few novels, ie there is absolutely no closure at the end. Nonetheless, they have set up several compelling storylines, complete with some fresh new characters.

Now reading Ashes of Victory by David Weber which promises to be another page-turner 'read in one night' book.

Burning Stone by Kate Elliott and Mad SHip by Robin Hobb.

Currently, I just finished the Mageborn Traitor by Melanie Rawn, so I'm playing with Lord of the Rings for a bit. Kinda in between right now! Thinking about picking up The Black Company. I've heard some good things about that series!

Finished up reading Ashes of Victory by David Weber, and currently working on A Calculus of Angels by Gregory Keyes.

Gooch, How was Mageborn Traitor? I've been holding off on reading that series by Rawn because I want at least the next book to be released, but I understand that release may be a while off.

Cellandros: Mageborn Traitor is actually quite good. It does have a couple of slow spots, but overall, it's a good read. Unfortunately the Captal's Tower is a ways off, (2001 I've heard) but it will definitely leave you wishing it was tomorrow!

King of the Lurkers. Moderator Keyoke's Avatar
    Currently reading Newton's Cannon by Gregory Keyes, and after that I am looking at finish J.V. Jones Book of Words series off, or finishing the Ship of Magic series (I have the third book!) =)

Keyoke

Thanks for the info Gooch, I'll probably go back on my word and read the first two of that series; Melanie Rawn books are too good just to have sitting on the shelf.

Just finished up A Calculus of Angels by Keyes, and am very much looking forward to the concluding book, Empire of Unreason (which is getting ready to come out).

Keyoke, I couldn't be more jealous!! Even though its going to kill me, I think I'll end up waiting on Robin Hobb's latest to be released here in the States--I'll have something to look forward too.

Well, I've gone back on my word, and decided to try reading Wizard's First Rule again! I've tried twice, but lost intrest!

I'm reading Marion ZB book, Lady of Avalon.
    Very good.
    Have just bought Charles de Lint's "Into the Green" Celtic folklore and magic- a brilliant combination!

I'm finishing up Rhapsody by Elizabeth Haydon. great book: lyrical prose, witty dialogue and above-average worldbuilding.

Me? I'm reading Feist/Wurts Daughter of the Empire etc series.
    Just started on Drake
    Trying more of MacCaffrey's stuff
    Still waiting for Soul of the Fire (very sad) to appear in the libraries in my area,
    Wurt's new bk in her Wars of Light and Shadow series.
    and Owlknight by Lackey which I feel is long overdue...

Well, I just finished Wizards First Rule, and it was quite enjoyable! Since I don't have a new book from Melanie Rawn or George R. R. Martin yet, I guess I'll read Sword of Truth next!