Hybrid View

Song of ice and fire 3 in June

Song of Ice and fire 3 "season of Storms" is announced for June 17th at amazon UK.
    The American edition seems to need a few additional months though.
    It will be out as Hardcover and paperback simultaniously.

So what are you thoughts/theroies:

Personally i would say SoIaF is my current favorite even before the Lifeship traders.

Martin especially shows Robert Jordan how to do it right, in my opinion. DON'T REPEAT yourself.

He also shows the ability to keep the number of characters manageable by killing off some all the time, that keeps the tension high too.

All in all: If you read it bring your opinion.

If not get the first two volumes "Game of thrones" and "clash of kings" now, you will be ready for volume 3 (of 6) in time.

I thought the third book was called a Storm of Swords.

I also saw somewhere that the whole series will be two trilogies as opposed to one six-book series.

You are right, i wrote that out of memory and "season of storms" was a working title
    at one point.

also Martin said that there would be a 5 year break in the plotline after book 3. This will give the Dragons as well as the Stark kids some time to grow up and will also cover a time of winter in which armies can't move anyway, i guess.

So you could say that scissure makes it two triologies. Martin himself calls it one series in interviews though.

Easily the best current series out there.

I can't think of any writer in the last 15 years (maybe since donaldson) to come up with an idea and setting that is fantasy, yet so original. The first book was more-or-less devoid of magic, yet I never got the feeling that magic was not present in the setting.

Martin also has created the most believable characters I've read in years. He's not afraid to kill off major players, either, if the story calls for it. It is the most realistic imaginary world I have read.

Let's just hope that the dead character does not come back to life. However, wouldn't it be cool if Ned came back as a ghost like Hamlet's dad, and keeps the kids informed?

Speaking of SoIaF, does anybody know when ACoK is coming out in paperback? It's been in hardback forever, and I've been hesitant to buy any book in hardback since splurging for Path of Daggers.
    Is it out there and I'm just missing it or what???

Well i have seen the British paperback in shops since y-mas, not sure about the American edition though.