Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hi, I'm a newie here, so beg pardon if any offense committed
    Anyway, I don't have a real wide range of reading stuff to recommend, but here's my thoughts on the matter.
    It is strange that I have not met many who have read Pier Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series.
    I find it quite profound, in the sense that there is much to consider and think abt after reading each book.
    And the conecpt of Christanity is also brought into play, for the background is abt Heaven, Hell and Purgatory as well as God and the Devil.
    THe books makes one consider life in a different perspective, like whether there is such thing as pure good or evil, or is it mostly grey out there.
    Very thought-provoking.

I've heard the Memory, sorrow, and thorn by Tad Williams is supposed to be really good. I haven't read it yet, but I plan to after I finish The Wheel of Time books.

I scanned this entire list and did not see one mention of Michael Moorcock.
    EVERYONE OUT THERE, READ THE ETERNAL CHAMPION SERIES BY MICHAEL MOORCOCK!!! IT IS PERHAPS THE MOST AWESOME FANTASY SERIES EVER TO BE WRITTEN!!! I KNOW THEY'RE ALL OUT OF PRINT SO GET THEM ON AMAZON.COM!!!

Cersei, perhaps you might try one of the following authors:

Guy Gavriel Kay (The Lions of Al Rassan, Fionovar Tapestry series)

Patricia Kennealy (The Keltiad)

Terry Brooks (Shannara series, magic kingdom series)

Stephen Lawhead (The endless knot trilogy)

Katherine Kerr (Deverry Series)

Piers Anthony isn't my favourite but the first couple of books are ok-ish. His best work was the Adept series IMO.

That should keep you busy a while...come back when you need more

Oh, and depending on where you are, there's an author who hasn't been released in the USA as yet, Paul Kearney. The first two books of his series have been released in the UK and Australasia and well-worth reading. First book is called "Hawkmoon's Voyage". The second is "The Heretic Kings"
    Everything from all out war between east and west, werewolves, magic and magicians, power struggles within the 'church' and between 'church' and kings. The sacking of cities and the capture of the beautiful babe by the heathen armies. Gritty series not for the faint of heart.

[This message has been edited by Giarc (edited May 31, 2000).]