Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hulls

Common sense ain't common Maiablackwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Talking The Hulls

Hulls are awesome. Despite being evil.

Let us honour Hulls.

(I've been more interested in them ever since making a Hull character for an RP that my friends and I are starting, if an explanation is needed. )

under the moon and stars, in my land of books
    i dont think I would honor hulls like you, but they are pretty cool... if only they were good!!!

Blog Entries
    Well I wasn't saying honour them as in love them and shower them with presents. XD I just wanted to give 'em some attention. They're really cool after all- somehow they manage to be dark and evil mages yet they don't fit the stereotypical view of dark and evil mage.

Well I was thinking- remember how
    Spoiler:
    Hem said that the Hulls tried to make him one of them? They wanted him to kill the boy...
    I'm just wondering if that's it, and what exactly happens in order for one to become a Hull.

And I also wish to speculate: can someone forced to become a Hull ever be a Bard again? I'm guessing if a powerful Bard like Maerad or Hem, or someone else potent/powerful, reversed the 'ceremony' or something like that, it might just happen.

I knew what you meant... who would ever give them gifts??? or love???...

You know you are right, they dont fit the stereotypical view of dark and evil mages...

Though I dont think it is possible to become a bard after being a hull, those of the light might not accept the ex-hull... though i was thinking, if the hulls have no one from the dark to worship them or boss them around, what would happen to them, will they be banished by thse of the light of taken as "slaves"" or what???

Blog Entries
    Hmm... I think they would probably be banished, those of the Light really seem to hate Hulls. I remember the scene in the Naming/Gift where... I think it was after the Kulag, once Maerad (?) had killed all the Hulls, Cadvan just had such disdain for them...

Haha. That doesn't bode well for my character. *evil laugh* Poor guy wasn't as lucky as Hem was, we'll put it that way.

Nobody give anything to the Hulls! If we ignore them, maybe they'll go away... XD Fat chance eh?

yeah fat chance is right... and yeah your right they probably will be banished... and I am pretty sure that is the scene

Blog Entries
    (I love contradicting myself) Although when Maerad pretended to be insane and Cadvan pretended to be her... brother or father, I can't remember, the Hull did go away then.

Heck, my character would run sniveling up the the Bards and say, 'forgive me I swear I didn't want to please help!' and they would probably all just stare in confusion. Hehe, funny image in my head.

I should draw a few Hulls. Maybe as Maerad blasts them into next week?

Fan of too much to name
    I think thw whole killing thing with hem was just about submitting to the darkness, at which point i expect the hulls had methods for making him a full hull

Personally, i rather like hulls, they have a unique style among villainous minions in that they are given free will, and i love the was they exercise it...its very immoral rather than evil

Blog Entries
    Hmm. Point. Does that mean that if we were to write fanfiction we could take creative license?

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it. If I recall, Hulls just wanted power, right? Not necessarily suffering or riches, just power? I remember Saliman saying something about that in The Crow. And clearly they'll do anything to get that power.

Lol. You know those medicine things where it says side effects may include: then lists them all? It'd be fun to do that for a Hull.

Flor de la Tormenta Pure_Brujita's Avatar
    About un-becoming (whoot, good words todays) a hull, i don´t think it would be possible...because in the books they are basically death-like creatures and the spells that bind them would be really hard to break...

Oh i don´t know, there is just something about the impossibility of it.

Blog Entries
    Yeah.. I guess if some Hulls suddenly changed back into Bards, they could come back dead, for one thing. And perhaps part of becoming a Hull involves giving up life for eternity, so they're never really dead or alive. It makes logical sense.

Muahahaha. Haha. Ha.

ANYHOO, does anyone remember the name of the Hull who was mocking Cadvan during the scene
    Spoiler:
    where Maerad destroyed the wight?

It was Likud.

Blog Entries
    Thanks.

Ugly name, eh? No wonder he turned to the Dark.

And also, Hulls were also referred to as its- did they give up their gender, too, or is it just impossible to tell? I would think the latter, but the question is open to speculation.

Flor de la Tormenta Pure_Brujita's Avatar
    Hmm, i am thinking it is impossible to tell, because the Hulls usually put spells on themselves to portray (well, humans). If they wanted to, changing their gender portrayal would be easy.

Of course the Bards could see through that, but they´d hate to see Hulls that close...

Blog Entries
    Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwww. Gross. Dead bodies. I identify with the Bards, thanks.

Perhaps a Hull's... ahem... gender would sort of... rot away over time?

D'you think Hulls wash? XD