Page 1 of 216 1231151101 ... LastLast

The Known World RPG

Since all or most of you seemed very optomistic for the idea of an RPG set in Edil-Amarandh, I've decided to already go ahead and get started on the project We'll start with simple character sheets and get those organised. Once everyone has made a char. sheet, I'll set up adventures and quests to take on with side chars to interact with. The RPG will take place before Mearad's time, somewhere around while Cadvan was still in school. I'll go ahead and make the first char. sheet as an example;

Name:
    Rania Lithereal
    Height: 5'2
    Weight: 135 (- yeah, she has curves like women should!)
    Race: of the Bardic generation with a quarter Elidhu
    Birthplace: Lirigon
    School: School of Lirigon
    Parents: Solomon and Aryl Lithereal, both have moved to Innail
    Eye Color: Emerald Green
    Hair Color: Purple-red and blonde
    Clothing: A ruffled white shirt with strip-ed corset over. Along with Plain knickers and buckled boots -

Weapon: Long sword (by the name of Illiad and Unicorn Bow
    Brief History: Rania is part of the school of Lirigon and is well known to Cadvan (that's right, you heard) on friendly terms. She Prounces about teaching music lessons and telling stories to local children. Lately she's been lazying about, waiting for a quest and people to join her.

Name:Cadvan of Lirigon
    Height:N/A
    WeightLN/A
    Race:of the Bardic generation
    Birthplace:Lirhan
    School:School of Lirigon
    Parents:Nartan and mother's name N/A both dead
    Eye Color:Blue
    Hair Color:Black
    Clothing:Traditional Lirigon clothing; dark blue cloak, black knickers, knee length. Buckled-black boots, formal, button-upblack shirt with Lirigon Emblem on the top left corner. Formal leather belt with his sword close to his side.
    Occupation:Nelac's student, however full bard. He takes on several occupations as need of the school.
    Weapon:Short sword
    Brief History: Considered one of the most brilliant of students in the School. His mother died at the age of six and father is a cobbler outside of Lirigon. He was the only of five children to come into the Knowing. he recently lost the poetry duel to Dernhil.

Name: Fhiole Prelh
    Height: 5'6
    Weight: 125 lbs
    Race: of the Bardic Generation
    Birthplace: Busk
    School: School of Busk and Lirigon
    Parents: None known of - orphaned
    Eye Color: Bright Green
    Hair Color: Tahitian Red
    Clothing: Green corset over common white shirt with Lirigon emblem. A travel skirt with riding bloomers apparent. She is also acustom to wearing hats. She looks a lot like this, except with red hair:

Occupation: Last year as a full-time student in Lirigon. She teached archery lessons and is acclaimed for her logistics mastery and puppeteer skills.
    Weapon: Bow and arrow. Her bow's name is Beef. And short sword, Elin.
    Brief history: Fhiole was close friends with Nerili in Busk after the school found her orphaned in the streets. They grew up together in the school until for reasons unknown she was transferred to Lirigon. She has a tastey, sweet personality. She's extremely naive, however even more intelligent. She is best known for her matches in logic and archery. When the head of the circle of Thorold discovered her, she had with her a puppet, Milan, and has kept eversince then.
    If there are any questions, feel free to ask.

Alright, as I know everyone's been witing for it and I've been patient enough to not do it, here are the rules to the RPG:
    1. Before joining, you must fill out a charcter sheet full with bio, etc.
    2. You may use characters from the Books of Pellinor
    3. You may not use someone elses character unless they've given you the right.
    4. All major quests will be produced by said 'dungeon master.' (for this RPG, that would be myself, however, ideas via PM are ALWAYS welcome.
    5. Since your character doesn't know whats happening outside of where they are, if someone else's character (for example) is a not-so-nice character and they're creeping on you from above or wherever, your character shouldn't know about it. It would be unfair of you to knock them out if your character hasn't even an idea of where they are, and you only know because you read in their post that they were coming. In other words, BE fair.
    6. Concerning quests, if someone in the party is absent for more then one day, the quest is postponed until they return. It would be unfair to just leave them behind.
    7. Be helpful to others in the RPG. In other words, don't neglect anyone who's come to join no matter how random their appearance is.
    8. Concerning the above rule; please make your character join as logically as possible. All characters are welcome here, and they don't all have to start off coincedentally in the same place as where the quest is taking place.
    9. If you ARE in Thorold or Innail, etc, and you feel the need to travel with everyone else or you're bored, ask others to create characters in your area. I promise as the 'dungeon master' to create characters toa everyone's need and will make multiple quests concerning where your character is stationed.
    10. Please do not post a reply until your character sheet has been evaluated
    11. PLEASE check your grammar before posting. This is important so that all other players know exactly what you're talking about and so there's no confusion.
    12. Make sure character attributes are true to the setting
    13. Try to make your character equal to everyone elses. In other words, there shouldn't be one over powering character that can easly demise everyone elses, that would be very unfair.
    14. After you have read these rules, on your next reply, please, in your own words, pick a rule and write in your own words to show you've read them. Thankyou very much.

Thankyou very much for taking the time to read the rules. Enjoy the RPG, be nice, fair and polite. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Also, more rules may be added or taken away according to debugging the game itself.
    Last edited by Rania; March 2nd, 2008 at 01:31 PM.

ooh oooh

Name:Kull (mines a guy even though im a girl, deal with it)
    weight:110
    Race: all human, no bardishness
    Birthplace: Ettinor
    School: none (not a bard)
    Parents: Arian who died when he was 14(and his father is dead from before he can remember)
    Eye Color: brown and a tad bit green
    Hair Color: black
    Clothing:a patched up shirt thats rugged and dirty, and tan shorts that go down a tiny bit past his knees like this (except not modern)
    weapons: long knife, fists
    Brief History:he's poor, his mother died while trying to save him from a corrupted bard whom he stole from, he and his friend best fori then tracked down the bard and killed him but he and fori barely survived and he has an overwhelming guilt and sorrow from it

Interesting Char. You can make one for his friend as well if you like. More then one char. is totally exceptable

YAY
    name:Fori
    height:5'4
    weight:115
    Race:all human, shes got a little bit of bardishness but not much and no bard found her and sent her to a school
    birthplace: Ettinor
    school: none
    Parents:Lilya and morath (morath is her stepfather and is pretty much a jerk)
    eye color: brown
    hair color:dark dark brown
    clothing: old dress that shes had for years and has lost any color it had
    weapons:two knives, fists, a bit of magic but not able to control it well
    Brief history: her mothers kinda sickly and her step father person is cruel and then what i put on kulls history

im kinda cheating these my characters from a differant game/story/future book?(hopefully) that me and my friends do, thats why i was able put it up quickly

That's perfectly fine. I use the name Rania for eveything. (So if you find a Rania on any other forum, you know its me :])
    As soon as we get more char sheets, I'll start up a quest.

Blog Entries
    Awesome!

Name: Brianna.
    height: 5'9.
    weight: 8 stone.
    Race: Bardic.
    Birthplace: Thorold.
    School: School of Thorold.
    Parents: Kelatia of Thorold and Desus of Norloch.
    Eye colour: Moss green.
    Hair colour tawny brown.
    Clothing: Dark green dress, lighter in places, and threads of gold. (like that, only in green.)
    Occupation: Still completing Bardic training, however is interested in the path of healing.
    Weapons: A long, narrow, straight sword, and ten different knives, varying in sizes.
    Brief History Brianna grew up the youngest of three children. Her family are all Bards and are quite well off. She came into the speech later than her siblings, but grasps teaching quicker. Enjoys the occasional drink and the Midsummer festival.

Name: Dernhil of Gent.
    Height: N/A.
    Weight: N/A.
    Race: Bardic.
    Birthplace: Gent.
    Parents: N/A.
    Eye Colour: Green.
    Hair Colour: Brown.
    Clothing: Dark brown trousers, beige coloured shirt, loose fitting. Green waistcoast, with silver buttons and a long, hooded brown cloak.
    Weapons: Sword and Bardic skills.
    Brief history: Dernhil was born in Gent, and has one brother. He is quite quiet, and has a great talent for poetry, and a love for books. He recently beat Cadvan of Lirigon in a poetry competion.
    Last edited by Bree; February 7th, 2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Added in new character.

wow this is great but what's an RPG?

Blog Entries
    a role play game.

At least I think that's what it is....

Fan of too much to name
    DWMG, RPG = Role Playing Game
    Dammit, PS beat me while i was making my character

Name: Elidor
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 6 Stone
    Race:Hull
    Birthplace: Norloch
    School: N/A? Den Raven: Iron Tower, although he went to norloch for a short while
    Parents: Daria and Folorn, both dead at the hards of thier son...
    Eye Color: Red
    Hair Color: Unknown, he always wears a hood

(ignore the cursor, its my oblivion character)

Job: One of the Hulls of Den Raven
    Bio: Elidor was born in the centre of light itself, Norloch. Despite excelling in all aspects of bardic teaching, he got tired of the petty lessons, and talks of the balance. Unlike most hulls, Elidor left his school, as opposed to being thrown out. He headed to Den Raven, where he was quickly accepted, and began his new training, much more to his satisfaction that before. Recently, he returned home, but only for the purpose of removing his final links to his previous life. He is not one of the higher ranked hulls within the area, although within his group he is regarded as an expert

Hows that??
    Last edited by roberth; February 4th, 2008 at 11:24 AM.

Oooh thank you PS and rph it's kinda obvious now I think about it XD

Fan of too much to name
    can alos mean rocket proppeled grenade
    But thats another story, and not an on topic one...

Blog Entries
    Hehe.

And I never knew it could stand for that.
    Interesting.

Excellent chars I'm seeing. And a wide variety I just want to wait some more. :]

I'm an angel, honest!! Tiger-Wolf's Avatar
    U.S.: In the middle of the Snake River Plains
    Name: Icehawk
    Weight: 5 stones
    Race: Bard
    Birthplace: Unkown
    School: School Of Lirigon.
    Parents: Unkown
    Eye colour: Chocolate brown
    Hair colour: Blonde-almost pure white

Clothing: Capri pants, Camo T-shirt.

Bio: Icehawk was found in a forest when she was 6 and was being kept warm by a pack of wolves.
    No one knows who her parents are; or even if their alive. It is unkown if Her name was given to her by the wolves or her parents but it's most likely by the wolves. As such She has a very strong connection to wolves then any other animal. She is smart, brave, but can get a bit sneaky. But once she finds a friend she'll help them anyway she can.

Oh, I like. Your char. is very Princess Mononoke-esque! :]