Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hello,
    I would just like to say that I just started the WOT series, and am in the middle of The Eye of the World (pg. 350, I think). I did think the book started out slow (first 250 pages) and I kept putting off reading it until finally yesterday I picked it back up from it's just as a dust collector just in time for the part as they entered that city where the trollocs and fades even feared where they met Mordeth, and totally got back into the book. Now, Perrin is learning about his communication with wolves and Rand just had a maze dream with Ba'almazon and I am glad that I picked it up again. I hope that the series just continues and I don't have to force myself to get into each book. If that is the case, then it is understandable for so much background and lack of action in the first 250 pages. So, I just thought you might want someone-who-has-not-yet-even-finsihed-the-first-book's view...though I can't really yet comment on the series as a whole.
    Haplo

Guarded by the Moon Moderator Lani's Avatar
    Hi!
    Unlike most of you I read the Sword of Truth series first and in trantslation from english, but now when I started to read Robert Jordan on english I could see resemblance between the SoT and WoT. But I don't think that Goodkind is the same as Jordan - I saw photos of both of them. I think that Goodkind (he started to write his series later) was probably inspired by Jordan's book and that is why they look so similar. Actually, I am neither fan of Jordan's nor Goodkind's, but I think you can find some advantages in both. And those advatages differ, so you can still be interested in both of them without having to reread very similar book.

I'm glad to see that someone else had a hard time getting through the first book. It seems like everyone loves the first book, but I couldn't get into it. I read the rest of the series in a couple of days each