Hybrid View

Uh, Moderator

Rumours and other pastimes

Seeing as the board has been reasonably quiet, I thought I'd post a topic where we can discuss all the fun rumours going around about our favourite authors.
    And to kick things off:
    The Third/Final Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. I read this one on the "News" section of the main site here, and wondered if it could possibly be true. Anyway, after a quick bit of research (ie typing the name into a search engine) I found an old interview (1991) where he said that he had actually been considering a third trilogy, mainly because he felt he had one more theme he could flesh out. He said he definitely would never do a prequel either.

So does anyone have any more information?
    Or any juicy rumours on other authors?

For real?!! Honest for real?!! I loved both the Thomas Covenant trilogies and would love to read a 3rd chronicles. Anyone else out there have any more info on this?

Although I'm looking forward immensely to the Final Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, if and when they come out, what I want to know is the low-down on Margaret Weis/Tracy Hickman's War of Souls Trilogy. What's going on in the Dragonlance world?

Also, does anyone know about Guy Gavriel Kay's "Sailing to Sarantium"??

Yeah, I've read the first book in Kay's new series and am looking forward to the second coming out in paperback. I force myself to wait for the paperback released of all books except for Wheel of Time stuff.

I read on the 'net that Stephen Donaldson wasn't going to write the 3rd chronicles.
    I believe he said, "those rumours are as true as they were 15 years ago-and that is not at all."

But on that same site they said he was, so its pretty confusing.

Uh, Moderator
    Road Killer - Do you have the url for that site?