Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tari
    Have you actualy seen the Lion King onstage? . . . .just thought i'd ask because actors and puppets can do so much! People would have laughed at the idea a few years ago and now people are praising it. . .

~ Tari
    I did see the Lion King, and it rocked my socks, but I just don't think a puppet for Darsor would do. It'd be like having a puppet for Arkan, or even for Maerad. Darsor is too...everything!

Also, the Lion King is all animals. I think it was spectacular, but a human/animal hybrid next to a human would look much more out of place. The human-horse proportion would also be out of place. You can dress a human up but to get him/her horse sized is something different altogether (especially as Darsor is such a large horse). It would also be difficult to achieve the authentic look of Cadvan riding Darsor- Cadvan and Hem/Maerad are both riding Darsor at points in the books, which would be even more difficult...

It's just my opinion, but I don't think there's any way that a human/puppet Darsor would do justice to him! (smexy beast that he is )

You know what! Once I saw this play (I think it was the nutcracker, but I was about 6 and fell asleep halfway through ) and there was a horse onstage. I thought it was real, so I turned to my mom and asked her if it was. She said no, it was two people in a horse costume, one at the front holding up the head and using their legs as the front legs, and one at the back bent over (making up the back) and their legs being used as the back legs! IT LOOKED SO REAL! I think it'd be perfect for Darsor, and someone could probably ride on it....maybe however dancers are really strong, so probably they could.

Tari, Hollywood sucks I completely agree that it is Hollywood's and society's falt about the lack of respect and artistry in film making. *sighs*

The Oakville zoo has a great dvd player hooked up to the Lemur pen

BoA Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur_Girl
    Tari, Hollywood sucks I completely agree that it is Hollywood's and society's falt about the lack of respect and artistry in film making. *sighs*
    Lol I'm glad someone agrees with me

and there was a horse onstage. .
    It's not uncommon to have live animals onstage actually . . . And yes i'm sure it would have been Nutcracker. . .there are usually a few ponies in the play.

~ Tari

wow...those must be some pretty well-trained ponies The only thing that creeped me out was when the two-man fake pony started dancing, because it's "legs" started bending all the wrong ways! hilarious

I love those panto horses...i want to be in one!lol

I wouldn't trust you lol

-sobsob-

.... kk then *looks worried* i wouldnt trust anyone here with a horse

not a REAL horse! that would just be mad...a PANTO horse. -tuttut-

i wouldnt trust u with one of them either

She wants to be one, which I think is funny.
    But.
    She couldn't be trusted

BoA Manager
    AND . . . . . . now back to the topic!

I've decided that after reading the Crow that the books, shouldnt.couldnt be made into films.

because...

Spoiler:
    well basically some of the images/situations/suggestions are too gruesome... personally im perfectly able to read about the spike.. though it did make me cring... but there is no way i could ever watch a film based on the Crow. I think i would be too horrendous.

And imagine the rating! easily a 15 i'd say (but then i a m a bit of a wimp)

and how can we ever keep our imaginings of characters if someone is cast as them.

Take Harry Potter for example, before the films i didnt actually have an image of Harry, he was just sort of a descriptions, his emotions and thoughts and the way he thinks were much more real to me that what he looked like.

So now i've seen the films i think of Daniel Radcliffe, that is basically what Harry now looks like to me. So in a way it spoils it.

That might have seems slightly off-topic but to me it seemed perfectly relevant!

Quote Originally Posted by danyl
    She wants to be one, which I think is funny.
    But.
    She couldn't be trusted
    sorry to go back to this but er...Not permanently!lol just in panto- it'd be funny...
    (well...we'll have to do it again then won't we? wooh!)

Quote Originally Posted by Alassė
    I've decided that after reading the Crow that the books, shouldnt.couldnt be made into films.

because...

Spoiler:
    well basically some of the images/situations/suggestions are too gruesome... personally im perfectly able to read about the spike.. though it did make me cring... but there is no way i could ever watch a film based on the Crow. I think i would be too horrendous.

And imagine the rating! easily a 15 i'd say (but then i a m a bit of a wimp)

and how can we ever keep our imaginings of characters if someone is cast as them.

Take Harry Potter for example, before the films i didnt actually have an image of Harry, he was just sort of a descriptions, his emotions and thoughts and the way he thinks were much more real to me that what he looked like.

So now i've seen the films i think of Daniel Radcliffe, that is basically what Harry now looks like to me. So in a way it spoils it.

That might have seems slightly off-topic but to me it seemed perfectly relevant!
    I agree completly.