Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

sffworld member picture thread

I thought it would be cool to start a thread where members of Sffworld (if they want to) could post pictures of what they look like. So this a thread where we can put faces to the members of the forums There was another thread like this, but it was about 55 pages long and it has been over a year since the last post so its time for a new thread. So, post your pictures!

Now I just need to figure out how to upload my picture to start off the thread..What can I say im useless with computers..Anybody want to tell me how so I can get this thing started?
    Last edited by cheese; July 4th, 2006 at 03:09 PM.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Find some webspace to host your photos - ImageShack is a good free website. Upload your picture to there, then link to the photo on ImageShack on a post here. Due to size restrictions we'd ask you link to any photos rather than actually post one or more large ones

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ummer06039.jpg
    Here is me, and my dog mugsly (named after the well known basketball player who was really short), on a beach near our house. My dog escaped my grasp in the photo and tried to make a run for the water. I have better pictures, such as me falling over a tennis net after smashing the ball, and my friend scaring me to death, but my younger brother screwed up our computer and we lost most of our files.
    http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ummer06033.jpg
    Here is the beach that I was on, it is a beautiful place to read in the summer.
    Last edited by cheese; July 4th, 2006 at 07:45 PM.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That landscape in the second is fantastic, cheese.

Thoughts of nice comfy chair, cool drink close by and a book (or books!) would do me very nicely there.

Very envious!

Hobbit
    Mark

Bump, I won't let this thread die (yet) ..Anybody else going to post pictures anytime soon?

I will...but I'm busy for the rest of the day, I'll do it tomorrow!

Hey Cheese - Were these pictures taken on holiday or do you live in a very beautiful place? If you live there I am jealous. I live in 'a fine city', but it isn't always pretty! I'll consider posting a picture once I have conferred with Tarn (translates to:I don't know how without some technical help.).

I live about a 5 minute drive away from where the photos were taken The place is Seal Bay Park which is in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island. It's such a beautiful island! Tofino (the surfing city) is one of the most beautiful places I've been too (it is also located on Vancouver Island), I'll post pictures of that area when I have some time!

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Yep, he lives in a beautiful place! I've done quite a bit of travelling... and I still find Vancouver to be the most beautiful city I've seen (and B.C. in general).
    Last edited by Evil Agent; July 9th, 2006 at 11:52 PM.

Oops, sorry cheese, I said I was going to post the other day and then forgot...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...s/DSCF0046.jpg

There's a picture of me with my little guy. It's from last summer. I didn't really have anything more recent. In my family I'm the one who takes all the pictures, so I rarely get into them myself.

Here's another picture that's a bit more recent, it's from last Christmas. I'm eating a spicy pastry my sister had made.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...s/CA7QMH3J.jpg

I wonder why nobody else has posted? A few years back when we had a thread like this, there must have been a couple hundred pictures posted. And the community was much smaller then. Maybe that's it though--has sffworld become too big to be close-knit?

Yeah, I'm also wondering why nobody else wants to post, but whatever, it's their choice..Thanks for posting pictures though

I think people may be slightly reluctant to post their pictures, because in this day an age, with rampant identity theft, etc., one can never be too careful.

After working for a really sketchy call centre once, that tried its best to get every little bit of personal info it could on its callers, I learned that one needs to protect one's privacy, and personal information. Not that posting your face on this website seems like a dangerous thing to do, by any means... but once you've posted your face on the internet, you have to realize that pretty much any one on earth can see it, and its "out there".

I don't have a hosting site set up, so I can't put my mugshot up right now... I might do it in the near future... But for now, you'll just have to take my word for it that I'm a sexy 27 yr old greek-canadian god!

By the way, kudos on the pics so far. Cheese, I knew you were young, but seeing your picture made me fully realize how young. Good taste in books, for a kid your age!

Miri, nice pics. Your little guy is sooo cute. And I think I see some family resemblance between you and your sis.

Speculative Horizons Moderator JamesL's Avatar
    I think another reason people are reluctant to post pics of themselves on the internet is for fear of being ridiculed. Now of course this wouldn't happen on a friendly site like this where we all get on with each other (well, most of the time) but I have seen examples of where such things have happened.

The most amusing was on a martial arts website, where one poor guy posted a pic of himself. Unfortunately, another member noticed that he looked like a cross between nosferatu and bugs bunny. What followed was the most extreme, humiliating (and hilarious, if I admit it) micky-take of this guy. Other members were posting the original picture but had drawn a cape and fangs on him, and so on...the thread ran to over 100 pages and the humiliation probably scarred him for life. Even tho some of it was extremely funny.

So I guess maybe that is why a lot of people don't want to post pics of themselves. As for me, I don't want to dazzle anyone with my amazing good looks.

Maybe however I'll post one or two if I can dig them out.