Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Top 5 favourite anime series

Their seems to be quite a few sffworld members that are anime fans. So I was wondering what are your top five favourite anime shows/series. Well, I haven't been watching anime for that long, about 6 months or so, so my list will probably change a lot..Here it is anyways in no order:
    1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
    2. Eureka 7 (made by the people who did the FMA movie and a bunch of other good anime, fairly new)
    3. Trigun
    4. Elfen Lied (probably my favourite out of the bunch)
    5. blood+ (sigh, I have a thing for gory anime)
    Other stuff I like but doesn't make the cut is Cowboy Bebop, FMA, Kino's journey, and ghost in a shell.

This is a tough one, but I'll try to narrow it down.

1. Inuyasha
    2. Fullmetal Alchemist
    3. Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X
    4. Cowboy Bebop
    5. Neon Genesis Evangelion

With a very honourable mention to the entire body of work of Miyazaki. (Okay that's six, the best I could do.)

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Being rather limited in my experience of Manga, I have very few series to go on.

I love the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series, though it is different to the films, and some of the episodes are... baffling.

Would anyone like to persuade me to try Neon Genesis Evangelion? I have thought about it for a while.

And I have heard lots of good stuff about Elfen Lied.

Hobbit
    Mark

For me it would have to be:

1. Berserk Series
    2. Lecord of Lodoss War (first series)
    3. Full Metal Achemist
    4. Ninja Scroll the movie
    5. Naruto

Other honourable mentions that I can think off right now go out to: Samurai Champloo, Bleach, Vision of Escaflowne, Cowboy Beebop, Kenshin

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...nime.php?id=49 Hobbit, that link has a good summary of Neon Genesis Evangelion an anime I highly recommend. It is very philosophical, psychological, and at times can be a bit depressing. Has the most developed characters I have seen in anime show yet. The series has 26 episodes, a couple of movies, and is very deep, I can watch the episodes over and over again and still can manage to notice something I didn't realize before. Neon Genesis is considered to be a anime masterpiece and even though it was made in 1996 the animation is solid, and it has a good soundtrack.

I would probably recommend you watching Neon Genesis Evangelion over Elfen Lied. Both have very strong characters, and a good plot but Elfen Lied is incredibly gory, has nudity (more present it the first episodes, not explicit, it isn't adult animation by any means) which seems to turn a lot of people off the show. Elfen Lied has fluid animation, and really good artwork. The soundtrack is good, the main song they use is perfect for the emotional scenes. It has excellent relationships between the characters and shows true human nature unlike most anime shows these days. Elfen Lied is 13 episodes.
    Here is a plot summary of Elfen Lied:
    The Diclonius, a mutated homo sapien that is said to be selected by God and will eventually become the destruction of mankind, possesses two horns in their heads, and has a "sixth sense" which gives it telekinetic abilities. Due to this dangerous power, they have been captured and isolated in laboratories by the government. Lucy, a young and psychotic Diclonius, manages to break free of her confines and brutally murder most of the guards in the laboratory, only to get shot in the head as she makes her escape. She survives and manages to drift along to a beach, where two teenagers named Kouta and Yuka discovers her. Having lost her memories, she was named after the only thing that she can now say, "Nyuu," and the two allow her to stay at Kouta's home. However, it appears that the evil "Lucy" is not dead just yet.
    Last edited by cheese; July 5th, 2006 at 11:52 AM.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Cheese. I have seen part of one of the movies, I think, but clearly picking it up midway through a film did not impress me particularly; off DVD hunting I go!

Hobbit
    Mark

Cowboy Bebop is my favourite show of any type, of all time, so obviously it gets my top spot.

second would be Robotech

third's going to Naruto

I'm counting the Kenshin OVA's as a series and giving them 4th

If Spawn's anime I'm giving it fifth, if not then I'll say Evangelion.

Not in any order:

1. Berserk
    2. Trigun
    3. Cowboy Bebop
    4. Samurai Champloo
    5. Gungrave

That last spot could've gone a number of ways, I'll think about it more and change it if I think of something better.

Erm, here is an updated version of my top 5 favourite anime in order from favourite to least:
    1. Elfen Lied
    2. Blood+
    3. Ergo Proxy
    4. Berserk
    5. Neon Genesis Evangelion

Hmm this is a tough one since they often change according to my tastes at the time. At present my favourites would have to be:

1. Mobile Suit Gundam
    2. Full Metal Alchemist
    3. Berserk
    4. Last Exile
    5. Macross/Robotech

Coming sixth would be tied between Gasaraki, Bubble Gum Crisis 2040, Cowboy Bebop or RahXephon. Sigh, so many favourites.

I'm really astonished by how much I haven't seen yet. This is definately a good thing.

Atm i havent seen much anime but ill join in. Number 4 i havent watched completely but i love it and im pretty sure elfen lied will go further up my list. Id suggest watching Gunslinger girl its v.good and will be more suited to people who like fighting, bloody, gorey anime as apposed to fruits basket and tokyo mew mew which are fairly girly tbh.

1: Fruits Basket
    2: Haibane Renmei(charcoal feathers federation)
    3: Gunslinger Girl
    4: Elfen Lied
    5: Tokyo Mew mew

Top 5... must say i havent watched any new anime in years... my favorites would have to be

1.Neon Genesis Evangelion
    2.Love Hina (might be because it s one of the first series i saw but i thought it was really good... first 24 eps that is... the others suck)
    3.Trigun, mostly for the first 5 eps...
    4.Hellsing, really like that serie
    5. Well, i ll go with a cartoon instead of an anime if yo0 udont mind... i always thought SPAWN was freaking awesome and was really sad that they didnt continue to make them.

Quote Originally Posted by *~bridie~*
    Id suggest watching Gunslinger girl its v.good and will be more suited to people who like fighting, bloody, gorey anime as apposed to fruits basket and tokyo mew mew which are fairly girly tbh.
    I think im going to try out Gunslinger Girl. The premise of the story from what I've read online seems solid enough, plus the first volume got a decent review at Anime News Network (the second volume got an even better review). I guess I could watch it on youtube though I don't like the quality. I'll probably order it..Thanks for the suggestion.

i watched GSG on youtube and the quality was good- better than waiting for it. its got a very sad ending and is abit confusing at the start but maybe that was just me...

I just checked out on youtube and your right, the quality is pretty good. I'm buying it just to add to my anime collection, plus I'd prefer to watch it on my big-screen TV. I watched the first episode and it seemed like a solid start, it was a bit confusing but I think I'll catch on.