i liked George Martin... any reading suggestions?

I just finished the George R.R.Martin series (well the series so far - only two books!) and am looking for womething to tie me over till the next one is out what are your finest suggestions (other than Lord of rings, Wheel of Time, and sword of truth)
    thanks!

Try the Paksenarion series by Elisabeth Moon.
    If you're looking for single volume books then I'd suggest David Gemmel and his drenai-series.
    Tad Williams is a superb fantasy writer. Try Dragonbone chair, i don't remember what the other books in the series are called. (it's been quite awhile since I read those books).
    I can also recommend R.A Salvatores Darkelf series. Homeland, exile and sojourn.

A few more suggestions:
    The Book of Words Trilogy - J.V. Jones
    Crown of Stars series - Kate Elliot
    Fionavar Tapestry - Guy Gavriel Kay
    Sarantine Mosaice - Guy Gavriel Kay
    The Black Jewels Trilogy - Anne Bishop
    The Fox Novels - Harry Turteldove

I would reccomend Memory, Sorrow Thorn by Tad Williams, the Riftwar series by Raymond E. Feist, and DeathGate Cycle by Weis and Hickman.

My first suggestions would be Robin Hobb
    (Farsser and Lifeship trilogies, both a finished)
    Guy Gavriel Kay (Tigana, Lion of Al'Rashan, Song for Arbonne are all stand alones)
    Katherine Kerr (Deveryy series)

George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series is actually up to 3 books now - check out the 3rd one (A Storm of Swords) it's really excellent.

Another brilliant series is Kate Elliott's A Crown of Stars - first book is called King's Dragon, we're up to 3 with a fourth due out now. A brilliant read.

I don't know if your into Arthurian legend but I just finished a series by Jack Whyte that was incredible. It begins with the Roman occupation of Britain and gives good background on the Pendragons of Cambria. I beleive its about as historically accurate as you can be on a myth or legend. Its a wonderful new twist on an old legend and if you loved the "Stark" honor in Fire and Ice you'll love the Camulod Chronicals.

Speaking of Arthurian Legend, DelRey just re-issed one of the best takes on the Arthurian Legend-- The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley in a nice looking hardcover. The story of Camelot/Arthur is told from the women's point of view.

At over 900 pages it is thick, enjoyable, amazing read. My wife and I took a class on the Arturian Legend in college and it was one of the books we read for the class. We also had to watch Excalibur too, great movie.

It is also being made into a miniseries for TNT.

I don't mean to stray to far from the subject at hand but the Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell is exellent! I love Cornwells style of writing and he tries to stay historically accurate with the time. If you liked T.H. White's "The Once and Future King" you'll enjoy Cornwell's tale, though it has a much darker feel to it.