Page 14 of 117 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Art

May the Force be with you Rheingold's Avatar
    Retroactively; A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
    Hmmm....I prefer having the monkey's hand on the man's shoulder, but I like it better without the skull. Being able to see both arms of the monkey cuts down a bit on the weirdness of the right arm.

Ok, time to switch gears (we'll get back to magic in a bit...)

This one is entitled, "The Call To War".

Last edited by Radthorne; October 2nd, 2006 at 09:45 AM.

Wow....It's amazing, the amount of emotion in his face.

Her skin is a bit too smooth in comparison to his skin....They seem to come from different pictures, she's a bit closer to anime. Also, what's with his sleeve? It looks like there should be cloth in between each of his fingers....

The basket in the corner is a really nice touch , it looks like a little kitten just tipped it over and fell out, or is hiding in the corner that you can't see into, it really adds to the mood of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheingold
    Wow....It's amazing, the amount of emotion in his face.

Her skin is a bit too smooth in comparison to his skin....They seem to come from different pictures, she's a bit closer to anime. Also, what's with his sleeve? It looks like there should be cloth in between each of his fingers....

The basket in the corner is a really nice touch , it looks like a little kitten just tipped it over and fell out, or is hiding in the corner that you can't see into, it really adds to the mood of the picture.
    Thanks, Rheingold! Glad you liked the basket touch - it seemed to add nicely to the feeling of disarray and confusion inherent in the undesired departure.

I've updated the picture and reposted it above, giving her a slightly different skin texture. I don't have any really good skin textures for this particular model, but I think this one is perhaps an improvement over the first one. And I tried to mess with the glove-like extension on his hand, too.

I like this one alot except .... can you just dump the glove?

This one is excellent, but what can you do about the eyes? They are just straight, blinding white, and it jars with the rest of the figures themselves. On the girl, it's not so bad because her eyes are narrower, but anyway to tone down/yellow the guy's a bit? Without making him seem jaundiced or possessed, etc.

I think you could also make his eyes look more normal if you gave him lashes....

I like the girl's skin much more, now--could you maybe make her hair a bit thicker? Or maybe just have it fall a bit more naturally, it's long enough (and heavy enough) that it should be touching her everywhere, not arched up in most places.

His half-gloves are much better now.

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    I know what she's upset about: the guy is a slob. Not only is the bucket knocked about, there is a wagon sitting right by the cabin doing no one any good whatsoever. She's thinking that with him gone she'll be able to get the spring cleaning done, the place straightened up, and maybe put it on the market before fall. Assuming that he stays occupied with this army stuff all summer. It's an exciting prospect for her but daunting as well, thus the look.

HE always see things... differently...

Alright, here's the scoop: I've made some changes and (to save a bit on storage space) have reposted the picture up above (as before, if you're seeing the old one, refresh your browser). I've fixed the eyes to a much more realistic set, and deleted the partial glove. In doing so, his hand where it was ended up much too prominent, so I've adjusted it down to be on her shoulder; it just overpowered her face otherwise. I can't do too much with the hair; this model is also a tad limited as to which hair models will fit on her. I fluffed it up just a tad in the back though.

Much better now. One of your best, I think.

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    Concur. This is very good.

Whoo hoo!

Thank you both.

Definately one of your best.

HE, with his soldiers pay they live in an old carriage house.

Sorry for the delay - been uncommonly busy that last couple of evenings. Here's just a little portrait shot to keep everyone happy until I have time to work on something more involved.

I like it.

And I got my computer fixed, so now I can see all of them! The problem wasn't a virus, it was Norton Antivirus, which thought that all https domain sites were viruses and that it had to "protect" my computer from them....