Page 15 of 117 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Art

Ain't that always the way. Jessica says the harem girl is "pretty."

Like the new pic!

Well, Dazzle, I'm not quite there yet; but here's an initial attempt at a Boris-inspired image. I'll keep working at it though and see if I can come up with a better one.

I AM too a mod! Moderator Rocket Sheep's Avatar
    Ha! The girl has a six pack but no pecs or biceps! She must have one of those tenns machines or an abdominiser!

What's her secret, Kev? I want abs like that!

Wow! Thats getting pretty close! Darken the inside of the dragons mouth with only a little light if he's about to breath fire, darken the ground and the back of the guy. Also darken the left side of the woman. All this to match the cool dark sky. As to the sheen on their skin, VERY NICE!

May the Force be with you Rheingold's Avatar
    Retroactively; A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
    Love the dragon. I also like how there's an antler coming out of the ground, they're in very harsh territory. And the light coming through the dragon's wing from the setting sun is so cool.

Two questions: What is the thing coming out of her staff? Is it a blade? The path of a spell as it hits the dragon? Also, why are they wearing so little armor? Because it's too hot?

Thank you, all! I've made a few changes to the picture and re-posted above, which should show up if you re-refresh the page in your browser.

Dazzle: Rather than darken the dragon's mouth, I added a little bit of fire. This also helps supplement, I think, the light on the figures in addition to the sun coming through the wing membrane. I toned down the light on the guy's back, and dropped the light level on the girl a bit.

Rheingold: It is a blade on the end of her staff. I moved the guy to the left slightly so that it would show up better. The 'antler' is actually a dead tree. As for the inefficiency of the armor, well... you'll have to ask Boris Vallejo about that one! None of his characters seemed to be well suited (so to speak) for the tasks he had them undertaking...

Sheepie: The lass was well prepared with a Bowflex workout machine before she was sent off to hunt dragons.

Wow, that bit of flame really made a difference! And the darkening worked great. I think Boris would approve.

Rheingold, I think Boris grabs his characters right out of their inn rooms and drops them into scenes. They are lucky to find weapons before the big bad gets them

Bowflex?? LOL

And a little mood piece . I call this one "The Signal" (original, huh?)

And where's HE been? I need him to log in here and tell me that Ninja don't wear red...
    Last edited by Radthorne; October 8th, 2006 at 12:06 PM.

The shadows are wrong and his left ear is sticking out, but I like it.

You should make the sky darker so it makes more sense for him to be holding a lantern.

I agree on the darker sky and left ear unless ... he is a beginner ninja and has to wear hand-me-downs

Ok, fixed him up. The ear was a boo-boo, I had meant to chop those off earlier. I changed the sky, and so now the extra light from the right can more naturally said to be coming from moonlight. Revised pix re-posted above (for some reason, re-loading my browser this time didn't work and I had to actually clear my cache for the image to re-set... don't know why...)

And where is HE, for pity's sake? Probably been tempted away by some other art thread... fickle that man is...

"Now, good sirs, if ye be so kind as to hand over your gold, ye won't be coming to no harm..."

The Signal is much better this way.

The new one, the lady on the far right (from our POV) has a very strange left hip (from her POV). And her hands seem to be a bit strange on her spear. Also the turkey seems a bit out of place....

Ummm ... you notice where the hilt of the middle lady pirate's sword is?? The guy pirate better hope he doesn't make her mad!!