Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Art

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford Eye
    Au contraire! Your replies are one of the delights of my universe. Watching you wiggle out of harm's way is one of the most awe inspiring sights available on the web.
    In the meantime, please extend my deepest sympathies to TLWSHLWY as I am certain TLWSHLWM knows her pain.
    And TLWSHLWM says much the same, oft times wondering how I manage to wiggle out of harms way from her...

I obtained this rather neat looking robot texture as a freebie, and thought I'd make a quick pix for everyone:

I AM too a mod! Moderator Rocket Sheep's Avatar
    Is it designed to scramble C3PO's chips or is it a lurrve bot?

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    As a proper NZ girl, Sheepie will recognize the music emanating from that compact CD/digital mash processor in her mid-section. Rumors are that her inspiration came from http://www.nzgirl.co.nz/articles/4517.
    Why is it, oh rain-sodden guru of the northwestern shores, that all female robots have exposed mid-sections? Does the machinery run better if you can watch it? Or is it a clever ploy to mis-direct human male attention so that they wind up contemplating/day dreaming about what's actually under that armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford Eye
    Why is it, oh rain-sodden guru of the northwestern shores, that all female robots have exposed mid-sections? Does the machinery run better if you can watch it? Or is it a clever ploy to mis-direct human male attention so that they wind up contemplating/day dreaming about what's actually under that armor?
    Alas, such ponderings exceed my ability to compute... although I suspect what's under that armor is a lot of wiring...

Let's try another big picture, to bring out the detail... An appropriate title for this one might be, "Contemplations on an Approaching Storm."

Biker chick -- enh.

Robot girl -- like it a lot.

Contemplation -- here we have the realistic figure/face with realistic background, but I don't like the pose with the hand at the face.

Robot girl is contemplating her next move towards controlling the world.

As for the "Comtemplations ..." think she has finished comtemplating the weather and is now contemplating her near terror. The approaching storm doesn't look that bad even! Does she have a storm complex?

I'd surmise that her concern is less for the actual storm than for some more allegorical storm that may impact her, hence her somewhat distant gaze...

Oh, BS! She's contemplating the conflagration of opposing omens, omens such as:
    (1) A hill in the distance seemingly glaciated or inundated by a really huge river about to flood her valley;
    (2) The mis-matching of vases within the room's decor;
    (3) The fact a tiny gleam of light is brightening one tiny section of an otherwise well-shadowed window shutter;
    (4) the use of nested tables -currently un-nested - as dividers when a shoji would have worked just as well;
    (5) different style tables holding vases in the same room;
    (6) and whether it's getting cold enough to throw some rugs on the hard wood floor.

As for the storm; she's probably thinking he'd better not use that excuse again to get home late.

(2), (4), & (5) - All quite intentional, and symptomatic of the woman's allegorical state of mind.

(3) - Not actually sure what that is; I don't think it's actually a reflection, since the wood material shouldn't be reflecting. But I don' think it should be there, regardless. I will check it out later (and probably just Photoshop it out).

Oh, man; oh, man; you didn't say that; did you? Her state of mind is allegorical? Is that like almost sensible but not quite? Related to reality but not realistic? She could be pensive or blithely unaware or contemplative or shrewdly assessing or manipulatively planning but, she isn't; she's allegorical.

She's a figment of your imagination. For in reality, "she" is nothing but pixels on a screen, so whatever attributes you bring to her emerges from the depth of your own soul... (How about them apples? )

Blog Entries
    Look she is really thinking, How long does Rad want me to stand like this while he fiddles with the pixels...

Considering the position of her legs, she might just be desperately waiting for her turn in the bathroom.

Shhh - you're gonna get me in trouble with the DCU (Digital Characters Union)!