Page 55 of 117 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Art

It's subtle, but effective. Much better. Now the cat looks like he belongs there.

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    Error Message #0000001: Opining cats belong somewhere other than the jungle constitutes a Universal Fallacy. Offenders are banned from the thread for not more than eternity and not less than 2 hours, precise sentencing devolving to Thread Owner.

Unfortunately for the Universe, this particular Thread Owner seems to be of the same character type as RAH and therefore unlikely to take action. Events of this nature have tremendous impact at the quantum level which is why Schrodinger put the collective cat into his box where its actual state vis-a-vis life and death could be indeterminate.

Where's the pit bull when you need it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hereford Eye View Post
    Error Message #0000001: Opining cats belong somewhere other than the jungle constitutes a Universal Fallacy. Offenders are banned from the thread for not more than eternity and not less than 2 hours, precise sentencing devolving to Thread Owner.

Unfortunately for the Universe, this particular Thread Owner seems to be of the same character type as RAH and therefore unlikely to take action. Events of this nature have tremendous impact at the quantum level which is why Schrodinger put the collective cat into his box where its actual state vis-a-vis life and death could be indeterminate.

Where's the pit bull when you need it?

Huh????????

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki_Girl
    the cat looks like he belongs there.
    The error lies in concluding this cat or any other cat belongs in a human domicile or any other locale frequented by rational human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Holbrook View Post
    Huh????????
    Pretty scary when even you can't understand him...

Our lass having now finished The Road to Kotaishi, she thought she'd take a break before starting The Sands of Sabakushi and pick up a story by RocketSheep. She's getting very into the tale, which is in an appropriately gritty environment...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Radthorne View Post
    Pretty scary when even you can't understand him...
    Oh I have never understood him, just learned to nod in the right places ROFL . It is something a local council worker has to have a knack for....

*sigh*

So how sad is it that I actually did understand him? Does this mean I need to get out more?

One of us should; that's for certain.

Now, about the latest and, because the same nit occurs in both, the next to latest: someone please splain how it might be that young madam's spectacles make a spectacle of themselves. I wear them chrormatically reactive spectacles myself and mine turn dark, not light. Is it that somewhen in the future the properties of glass reverse themselves or is it that she is that narcissitic that she wears mirrors?
    A second interrogatory occurs: Is that a belt or slits in the tunic that allow the skin to peep through that provides the only splash of color in the young woman's attire?
    And a complimentary additive: Nice metal detector she's wearing.
    Last edited by Hereford Eye; April 13th, 2007 at 11:13 AM.

And a complimentary additive: Nice metal detector she's wearing.
    Ok, now it's my turn to say "Huh????"

I see a gun, knife, glasses, and clothes.....

I'm probably missing a joke here

So HE is not a cat-person, we gather. I think it's time for an HE picture with a dozen cats then, don't you?

The gritty model doesn't work for me, because I have come to think of her as the Oracle model, and putting her in the futuristic landscape with the coke-bottle glasses just doesn't quite gel

She's actually somewhat heavier of girth than the Oracle model, but there is a similarity in their glasses. To answer HE's question, the glass material is reflecting the light. I could adjust this by reducing the opacity of the material, but chose to leave it this way 'cause I thought it looked interesting.

The original reason I created her in the 'cat' setting was because I had just bought the hair, and wanted to play with it. These particular glasses actually came as a prop with the hair model, whereas Oracle's glasses were a component of the dress model for her. (More info than anybody really cared about, I'm sure...) This last picture was just because I was going away for the weekend and wanted to post something...

Ok, now it's my turn to say "Huh????"
    You'd have to read "The Cowboy and the b-ren" over in the stories section.

Quote Originally Posted by Radthorne
    Our lass having now finished The Road to Kotaishi, she thought she'd take a break before starting The Sands of Sabakushi and pick up a story by RocketSheep.
    Shameless self promotion in his own thread; what will the man think of next?!!
    Notice that he did not cite which of RS's stories is going to get read. No sense inviting comparison although there ought not to be a comparison since the two labor in differing genres.
    Last edited by Hereford Eye; April 14th, 2007 at 10:58 AM.

Shameless self promotion in his own thread; what will the man think of next?!!
    Notice that he did not cite which of RS's stories is going to get read. No sense inviting comparison although there ought not to be a comparison since the two labor in differing genres.
    My whole existence is one big self promotion. Well, except for the part that actually gets to do the writing. And the artwork, I suppose.

As for which story of RS's, there are many to choose from that would fit the bill of gritty and realistic. All of which are also excellent, so I don't think our lass will be disappointed in reading them.

RS, however, will most likely be disappointed at this next image ("throw up" might actually be a more accurate term), which is not gritty and realistic. But it is, hopefully, cute.

Okay, l'm sorry but I hate the little blue bow on the braid. It makes me think of Dorothy and The Wizard of Oz ("Oh, No Toto! I don't think I'm a farmgirl anymore!" ) Also, I almost missed the second braid on her left side. I had to look for it, assuming that she wasn't lopsided.

The wings are beautiful, but maybe her clothes are a little dark in comparison...?

Overall, I love the color theme (?) going on. Purples and blues are my favorites.