Page 6 of 117 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Art

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    Ah'm prone to agree wid de Dazzler, ya unnerstan, ceptin' fer one eensy-teensy-tiny-almost unnoticeable iddy-biddy detail. Can one o ya dudes splain to us desert denizens what dat right shoulder is all about? In da far future, are shoulders sposed to be mis-matched?

She has a cyborg arm .... its a really really long arm of the law all coiled up waiting to snag bad dudes

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    Now, ma'am, I know dat lady has her belt thingie strapped on like a gun belt and her right hand is sort of fiddlin' its fingers as if to draw, but what in de seven hells o' Jack Daniel would she draw, huh? A virtual balster? Da way dat duster is hangin', ain't no way they's a weapon on her hip.

People are going to start wondering what planet you two are from...

I hadn't actually intended this to be a Western themed image per se, but I can see how, between the hat and the belt, one would come to that conclusion. What the belt was holding was a large pouch, but as I could not adjust the coat to fold over it, it simply poked through and so I removed it. The angle of the belt then just became decorative.

Still don't like the Discussion. Love the new one with the glasses and the lights. (It still freaks me out that you do this when you're color blind.) The reason her left shoulder seems bigger is shoulder pads. The right shoulder is moving forward as she walks, so you can't really see the shoulder pad there, but since the left shoulder is further back, you can. See?

Quote Originally Posted by KatG
    The reason her left shoulder seems bigger is shoulder pads. The right shoulder is moving forward as she walks, so you can't really see the shoulder pad there, but since the left shoulder is further back, you can. See?
    That was actually my thinking. I thought about trying to modify them to match, but then I concluded that it actually worked as a shoulder pad...

FYI, I'm going to be out of town for the next few days, so picture posting will be delayed a bit. But I should be able to pop in here and at least chat with anyone, should you all be so inclined.

It's HE's fault. His swirling mind-aura has invaded my brain!

I still think there is a cyborg part on her shoulder. That looks too large to be just a shoulder movement.

As for the gunbelt ... she has a new-fangled invisible concealed weapon

Well, perhaps I need to include her in my sci fi graphic novel as a sort of futuristic retro cowboy (cowgirl), or something like that...

She would fit right in

Ok, I'm baaaack!!! (Did ya'll miss me?) (Alright, at least lie a little and say you did...)

Here's a picture to make up for the absence... It's on the darkish side, so turn up your monitor brightness if it seems too dark to see the detail.

I AM too a mod! Moderator Rocket Sheep's Avatar
    She looks like a navy seal... but he better not jump in the water in that gear!

Hmm, shouldn't her face and hands be grubbed up with grease paint? Also, her focus, looking right at the viewer, would suggest that the viewer is actually a team member, maybe the leader of the assault team and she is waiting for his/her signal to go through the door. Otherwise, a very nice visual story.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC
    ...her focus, looking right at the viewer, would suggest that the viewer is actually a team member...
    That was actually the intention - I was going for a "you-are-there" effect, to bring the viewer into the picture. The close proximity of the figures, and the guy being partially out of frame, also accentuate a feeling of tension and imminent action.

One of the subtle things I liked about this one was the effect of the shadowing, particularly from the man's rifle across her legs, which increases the sense of depth.

Why is she staring straight at the camera, but her gun is pointing in the other direction? Shouldn't she be looking down the corridor, in the direction her gun is pointing, or towards the hatch or whatever, or at her companion? It's kind of like someone said, "Say Cheese," and she looks over, which sort of cuts the intensity action thing for me.

actually, she is looking at the leader who caught her and the rifle dude in a heated whispered arguement (notice his sad face)