**SPOIERS** Winter's Heart**SPOILERS****

I figured I would open up a topic on Winter's Heart which I just finished today.
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    Let me just say it is a vast improvement over Path of Daggers. Things actually happened. Many suspicions were revealed, identities of gars, Taim confirmed as a backstabbing SOB.

Mat is alive and as well as he can be, finally meeting the DoNM. And Perrin was in the better part of the first 1/3 of the book.

SAIDIN CLEANSED!!!

Well there is more, but this is a start.

I agree. WH was a vast improvement over PoD. Saidin cleansed - this was a surprise to me. Were there any allusions to this in the previous books, because I just didn't see this coming. I'm glad something is finally happening instead of everyone running around and not accomplishing anything. I had thought that Avienda might be pregnant, but I guess I was wrong. But Elayne is now, and it looks like it's gonna be twins. Yeah! I wonder how long it will be before Rand figures it out.

THere have been allusions to cleaning saidin for a while now. I think it was teh last book where Rand said something about it having to use the Chodan Kal and giving the female part to Nynaeve.

I thought the book was way too small. I want more pages in less time. Rands hunting of the renegade ashaman was pointless, perrin's case was not resolved at all and neither was mat really, or elayne, or egwene. He barely made any progression with the exception of saidin being cleansed.

That seems to be his style, though. Lots of little things may come together in a book but only one big, significant change will take place. I think Rand bonding with his three ladies was pretty big, though. At least he has taken the step to accept this part of his "destiny" and let it progress instead of wallowing in self pity and paranoia. I've come to the conslusion that we can have Mat, or Perrin, but not both. A major portion of this book centered around Mat and him finally discovering who DotNM is, but Perrin just disappears from the storyline after Faile is abducted. I thought it was interesting at the end of the book when Mat made the statement "she's my wife" and the Seanchan Voice said "take that back" or something like that. I wonder if in Seanchan society that means they really are married now that the words have been spoken. I thought it was really strange that she should have such a strong emotional reaction to what would usually be viewed as a senseless comment.

I knew about Saidin being cleansed because somebody posted it on the board without spoilers in the subject line, I think the subject line was something like "Winter's Heart SAIDIN CLEANSED", but the great admin for the board eventually changed the subject line, before long.

Anyway, WH was longer than PoD. Perrin was in the book. I was happy because he was there, even if briefly. I think he is eventually going to sick his wolf buddies on the Prophet Masema. At least the both did appear unlike a Mat-less PoD.

I will have to say that I missed Loial ALOT, he is a great character. Then again he is really RJ in disguise.

I think there was a point to Rand hunting the renegad Ash'aman because it CONFIRMED that Mazrim Taim, M'Hael is a back stabbing SOB. We also found out that he is 99% NOT Demandred, just a lot like him.

I also think that the woman who confronted Cyndane(Lanfear) was none other than..........................................MOIR AINE. Somehow the 'Finns switched thier body types when they went through the portal.

The ending with all of the Forsaken, and Rand showing how MIGHTY he is was one of the best endings in the series. (I like when all the Aes Sedai who trapped him were decimated in Lord of Chaos, though)

I always knew that Rand would be involved with those three women, but I did not expect him to BOND to them. Lets hope Aviendha gives Alanna what is coming to her.

I also always like whenever Rand and Lan interact, too. There is the right balance of tension and respect between those two.

Whooo... enough for now, off to start Storm of Swords.

[This message has been edited by FitzFlagg (edited November 18, 2000).]

I'm sorry but Rober Jordan projects too many of his sexual fantasies in his story. He should have done it George Martin style and had him deny all three of them.

"I also think that the woman who confronted Cyndane(Lanfear) was none other than..........................................MOIR AINE. Somehow the 'Finns switched thier body types when they went through the portal."

That was alivia unless i am mistaken, about your intent that is.

That was alivia unless i am mistaken, about your intent that is.
    Huh?

I mean the scene in the end when Rand is cleaning Saidin and all the Forsaken are running around. Somebody stops Cyndane(Lanfear) and no name is given for this person.

The body of Cyndane, I **think** (not 100% sure) is short and somewhat average looking, while Lanfears previous body was about the most beatiful woman in the world.

Moirane was short originally and dark haired while the woman who stopped Cyndane was tall and blond.

Like I said, perhaps the Finn's were toying with them (Lanfear, and Moir.) when they were put back into Randland and Moiraine is now tall blonde while Lanfear is the short, average one. The Finns played games with Mat when the 'granted' his 3 wishes, so if the put L & M back, they would probably twist it somehow as well.

Just a theory.

RJ is not too graphic with the sex stuff, it is more implied.

I also think that in the last battle, somehow Elayne is going to be the way Illyena was for LTT having died and all, but who will be Ishamael? (Referring to the prologue of tEotW)

[This message has been edited by FitzFlagg (edited November 19, 2000).]

Alright, I understand. THat person was Alivia with a few terangreal and an angreal. That's how she managed to match cyndane/lanfear. She would recognize her own body no? ANd lanfear had black hair.