Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Who Should Play: The Others

Well I've noticed that who should play Maerad, Cadvan, Hem etc. if there was a Pellinor movie adaption is a widely discussed and debated topic around here. So...
    I was curious to see if people had ideas for some of the more minor characters. (eg. the Elidhu, Nerili, Saliman etc.)

hahahaha, this thread sounds like something outta lost

anyhow i was wonderin how would one go about casting the elidhu(sp?)
    they gots to all look 'not human' but inaway resemble eachother - i was thinkin that there would be alot special effects involved in order to get the look right.

May the Force be with you Rheingold's Avatar
    Retroactively; A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
    I think it would be kind of like how they did the elves in LotR....

The problem with making movies of the Pellinor books is that all fantasy movie directors are going to fall back on LotR for most of their inspiration....And we don't want that.

I think simply the special effects put behind the cat-irises would be enough to distinguish them from humans/bards.

Yeah it does sound like something out of Lost...I've got Lost on my mind atm as my friends are doing a parody of it for a movie the co-ordinator has asked us to do :P

"La tua cantante..." --EC ~Mairead~'s Avatar
    Do elidhu have pointy ears? I can't remember...but I think they should look like other bards, except for the cat irises, and maybe they could look more graceful than normal people.

i also think they should sound abit different than the bards etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Mairead~
    Do elidhu have pointy ears? I can't remember...but I think they should look like other bards, except for the cat irises, and maybe they could look more graceful than normal people.
    I don't think so, but somehow I think they should be more [insert the right word here ] than bards. Somehow, not quite so solid. Not like you can see through them or anything, but....You know what I mean?

ouch sorry about that i hav no idea when the crow was released i jus saw it an picked it up :S plus lol i dont know how to make spoilers so yeah oops ill watch my tounge

There's a thread called How To Make A Spoiler if you scroll down a bit on the first page.

[Spoiler ]text [/spoiler]

only without the space in between the r and the ]

yup im with u thx

I think that thread should be posted on regularly or stickied 'cause people keep on asking that.

It's weird but my images of the characters change as I read the books, I don't really have fixed images. I don't really visualise the characters whilst I'm reading, only the locations, is that weird?
    I thought that dude on Cadvan's thread but with different eyes, looks quite like my image of Dernhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cait
    i think they should be very graceful, fluid, all of those words. also pale, especially ardina. kinda tall, plae, blondie and able to glide along the floor. tall so they can look down on everyone else. i am really just describing galadriel and the elves from LoTR arent i? oh well thats how i see them.
    Same here, but not blonde. Almost white skin which seems to glow. <--- That's how I see them.

no tis not weird either i dont c the character at all an they r jus an entity made upof the things connected to them, with a rough outline (this is where the are quite a few characters, my male brain cant cope with sooo much info ) or if it sticks with the same character throughout a series say, by theend of it i should hav a pretty good idea on what they look like...shame i cant quote lol :P....nope i cant quote...basically its in relation to what Becks sed above, do you hav todo it before you write your message? dang lol
    Last edited by Ollie; September 17th, 2006 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurlz View Post
    Well I've noticed that who should play Maerad, Cadvan, Hem etc. if there was a Pellinor movie adaption is a widely discussed and debated topic around here. So...
    I was curious to see if people had ideas for some of the more minor characters. (eg. the Elidhu, Nerili, Saliman etc.)
    I totally think that Djimon Hunsou (sp?) should play Saliman.I think a great Arkan (aka the Winter King) would be the guy who plays Dumbledore........um Michael Gambon!He would be kind of good.Though he is a bit old.
    Last edited by Ellesari; July 30th, 2007 at 04:04 PM. Reason: it was to long

Blog Entries
    Yeh, he would be good for Saliman.
    I think Arkan should look mid forties. His is a few hundred years old, well at least I think he is, but doesn't Alison say he looked quite young? Or am I rambling?
    So an older actor would be perfect IMO.

I miss the old Dumbledore, he was amazing at that part.
    Anway...

My vote:

Johnny Depp for Arkan! Woot woot.