Thread: Introducing...

Introducing...

Hi, Iíd like to introduce myself, Iíve posted a new topic (my first post!) just today, so I thought Iíd tell you a little about me (not the correct order to do things, I know..) Iím an 18 y/o from Holland, and I started reading fantasy when was about 10 years old when my grandmother gave me LotR to read for a long and boring train journey, well needless to say, it wasnít a boring trip at all, and since then Iíve reread LotR uncounted times, and other series too off course, most of them first inmy native tongue Dutch and after in the original English version: Dragonlance, Death Gate, Mallorean, Elenium, Dune series, Tamuli, WoT, SoT, Memory Sorrow Thorn, Amber, Shannara and Legacy of Shannara. But after working through M S T for the third time, Iím looking for something new... does anybody have any suggestions on what I should read next?
    (From what Iíve read, I enjoyed WoT, M S T and LotR the most..)

Some suggestions:
    1.1st and 2nd Chronicles of Thomas Convenant the Unbeliever - Stephen Donaldson
    2. Fionavar Tapestry - Guy Gavriel Kay
    3. Black Jewels trilogy - Anne Bishop
    4. Liveship Traders - Robin Hobb
    5. Book of Words trilogy - J.V. Jones
    6. Lord of the Isles trilogy - David Drake
    7. Krondor series (3 separate trilogies) and Empire series - Raymond Feist

A servant of Lord Arioch FitzChivalry's Avatar
    Well, i hate to say that name again, but George R.R. Martin... go read his A song of ice and fire series, and see how your world rocks around you.

Let me add my two cents:

Chronicles of Thomas Covenant (6 books in all)

Liveship Traders by Robin Hobb (actually any book by Robin Hobb)

Coldfire Trilogy by C.S. Friedman (these books had a very unique feel to them)

Also as a suggestion, check the various other reccomendation threads. You'll see that authors like Stephen Donaldson, Robin Hobb, and George RR Martin are always named on those, and you can't go wrong with them.