Open String Story Sign Up Sheet

This is a place where everyone can sign up for the open string story. If you are not sure what this is refer to open string story post. This is for anyone and everyone, that includes people who believe they have absolutely no writing skill. This is just a fun little endeavor to embark upon. At this point I believe that Drakkon, Fitzchivalry, Pluvious, Sojourn and myself will be involved. If I included someone that did not want to participate let me know. Also if you would like to be added to the list just reply to this with "count me in", and I will add you. I will leave this up for a few days and then make a writing order.
    -Ethanx

I think that I forgot Loki, sorry about that.

Count me in.

[This message has been edited by Mick141 (edited November 27, 2000).]

Count me in

Please, count me in.
    (If it is possible also when I cannot guarantee to write replies quickly)

Hi!
    Please, count me out... after having read all the postings about this open-string-story (too bad I din't do it before) I think I'll better watch the first on from a distance and the maybe join in the 2nd one.
    But of course I'll follow your story.. good luck!

ohhhh....
    count me in.

Ok, right now we have a total of 8 people that are particpating. I will leave the sign-up up a for a few more days to catch any stragglers. Just wanted to update on some of the ground rules I think should be enforced. Firstly I think I will extend the word count to 500 just in case we get to a really involved part of the story and people cannot get under the 200 cap without sacrificing their input. Just don't get carried away please :-). Next I will post an order and here is how it will work just in case people do not have access everyday. You may post at anytime when it is your turn, this means that if the assigned person in front of you has posted you can post right then. Now in the case of someone not posting I will allow a 24 hour grace period from the previous post. So if your turn is next and you believe that is has been a day and the person before you did not post check the last post time and if it exceeds 24 hours you may submit your post. Now if you are skipped for any reason, you may not jump in and submit your post as this will mess up the order. You will just have to wait for your next turn to come around. Also as I believe I have stated this first one will be pure fantasy, no sci-fi. Therefore there will be no lasers, spaceships, faster than light travel..... Swords, sorcery and vile creatures are more than welcome. Next, when you introduce a new character to the string introduce him so as not to waste story time on his background. This will not count toward your total word count for your post. A brief example: ***Character Introduction***
    Benvor is a human male of around thirty years, he has been travelling the land of Nasfur for years as a hired sword. His skill with a longsword is known throughout the land as is his rather short temper. In his last venture he ended up cleaving his employer in two over a difference in the wage. What Benvor did not know was that this employer had powerful friends who were rather put out to see their comrade treated so. Benvor arrives at the hamlet of Hedgelawn with no idea of who is tracking him. ***End of charcter intro*** At this point you will start the interaction of your character into the string. Give as much background as you want or just enough that others may write about him or her. Also as we first start out please do not kill other people's characters off. If it becomes apparent at some time that a duel to the death is inescapable we will discuss that on a side string I will create where we can all dicuss ideas and going's on outside of the current tale. This seperate string is a place where anyone can post at anytime to ask other people questions or just discuss the story in general. Well that is all i have for now. I will post the order and the first segment in a few days as well as create the side string. Also for any who care I made member status. I know this brings much joy to everyone. ;-)
    As always any other input is welcome.

-Ethanx

Of course its understood that anyone who gets an itchy "sword"-finger (posting before the 24-hour grace period) will be beheaded. But not before a long, grueling torture, which you will be able to prematuraly halt by shouting out "tough, there is nothing you can do about it", thus immediately receiving a quick death in order to live out your afterlife in eternal romantic love and bliss.

hi ethanx. i would just like to say before we start this little adventure that as i am just entering a busy time in my small, and up 'till now laidback life i will probably be missing some of my posting turns. I will be apart of it though and i'll try to post as often as possilble ( within my turn of course ,Oh great Stringmaster).
    Also you will have to excuse some unavoidable spelling mistakes as English is not my mother tongue.
    so long, and let the good times roll.

Not a problem Drakkon, glad to have ya. And yeah (I think) to what Pluvious said. LOL