Blog Entries

Wheel of Time: Winter Dragon

Did anyone happen to see the Wheel of Time pilot that Red Eagle produced and aired on the FXX channel? At least it was FXX where I am. YouTube has it (called Wheel of Time: Winter Dragon) and it's about 30 minutes long (with commercials). For the most part, it's getting lit up online as being horrible. But i didn't think it was all that bad. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't really all that good either. Apparently it's just Red Eagle's way of getting an extension on holding the rights, but to be honest I don't know anything about the laws or rules behind option rights. It does make me hopeful that someday we can possibly see this great series on-screen.

Blog Entries
    And I guess Robert Jordan's widow was not too pleased that this pilot happened.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Evidently the Dragonmount website went into meltdown over this today. Brandon Sanderson hasn't been too impressed, nor has the Robert Jordan estate. Evidently it was all about staking claims - that something had to be aired by a certain date to retain rights, which by making this (in four days, I understand) it does.

Me, I'm quite impressed that they can turn something around in that time, although why it was left so late is probably complicated.

I've seen worse, though there's little there to make me want to watch further, if I'm honest. But then, I've only ever got to Book 5...

M.
    Mark