Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by *~bridie~*
    Can i just say- why is eveyone ashamed to watch americas top model, its hilarious & great! The girls on it are always so bitchy & its fun to watch!
    The bitchiness is what makes the show. And the amazing photo shoots.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Can i just say- why is eveyone ashamed to watch americas top model, its hilarious & great! The girls on it are always so bitchy & its fun to watch!
    If I'm ashamed, it's because I'm a 27 year old guy. I shouldn't be watching a show like this! You're a teenage girl, so it's ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent
    I shouldn't be watching a show like this!
    You're absolutely right Evil. Let us pray for our misguided brother Evil. lol

Actually, I take it back. I hate on the radio when talk at people like that, like if you don't watch baseball you're gay when it's one of the most boring sports ever devised.

I agree, watching Baseball is like pulling teeth at the dentist.

Why do I watch Top Model? I guess it's a combination of scantily clad hot women in interesting photo shoots, and the sheer entertainment of watching them get into catfights with each other while living together in the same house. I guess it's a guilty pleasure.

It's better than Dancing With the Stars.

Oh God, yes. I hate shows like that; Dancing with the Stars, Celebrity Duets, etc. I don't see the appeal there at all.

Second that. Shows like that really get on my nerves, of course I don't watch that much TV and when I do its usually some odd channel no one else in the house watches and because I hardly ever get the remote I don't follow series that often.

Dead Like Me was pretty funny, the couple of shows I saw, and Kyle XY off ABC Family also looked interesting but didn't get to see how that turned out either. I watch reruns of That 70's Show and King of the Hill on FX and I've actually managed to convince my family to start watching The Simpsons because everyone in my family will watch it.

I'm slightly ashamed to admit that my mom makes me watch Desperate Housewives with her - I honestly hate and like that show at the same time to the point its confusing x_X love the comedy but I just can't take the soap opera drama or the downright stupidity of some the things that happen.

I guess maybe since I'm a teenage girl I can get by with it?

Hmmm, I watch:
    Lost
    How I Met Your Mother
    The Class
    Survivor
    Big Brother
    American Idol
    2 1/2 Men
    Sometimes Mythbusters, CSI, Sports, Food Channel/Travel Channel
    Recently watched: The 9, that was pretty good
    Sometimes gameshows on GSN or like wheel of fortune/jeopardy
    Other shows I guess, can't think of anything else at moment tho...

I watch quite a lot of shows...And have DVD's to follow too. In no particular order:

Current shows:

Dr Who
    Lost
    Smallville
    Battlestar Galactica

DVD's

Farscape
    The West Wing
    B5 (um...sort of, we're stuck on season 3)
    Frasier
    Northern Exposure
    Monkey!
    Angel
    Veronica Mars (sort of, just had to return season 1 to the owner without completing it due to demands on my time but determined to watch more!)

I watched the first episode of the new Robin Hood on BBC but it was a. On a saturday night which means I probably won't catch it every week b. Crap, which means I probably won't be bothered if I don't catch it every week.

We watch a LOT.

Vanished
    Heroes
    House
    Dead Like Me
    Eureka
    Bones
    Jericho
    Lost
    Ghost Hunters
    ER
    Grey's Anatomy
    BSG
    Dr Who
    The Amazing Race

On DVD I'm watching
    Babylon 5 and Jeremiah

TONS of anime...I'm following quite a few series right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent
    I agree, watching Baseball is like pulling teeth at the dentist.
    No, no, no, baseball is good!
    Last edited by gpackin; October 13th, 2006 at 06:57 AM.

I find I've rarely had time to watch TV shows while they've actually been on TV, that being said I have been watching Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, as it's been on in the wee hours of the morning recently, I will definetly be getting this one on DVD when it comes out (monday I think)

I did/do catch some shows sporadically, stuff like Stargate, Enterprise, Invasion, Lost, Farscape etc etc .. but I never really got hooked. The exception ins Battlestar Galctica which i've been devouring!
    Last edited by Gildor; October 13th, 2006 at 09:47 AM.

TiVO + Baseball = <3

Sit down at the start of the game, start recording the game, then start watching a 1-hour TV show you've recorded (May I suggest BSG, Dr Who, or Jericho?), fast forwarding through commercials. When that's over, switch to the baseball game. Fast forward through commercials and times where the pitcher is scratching his crotch. The last hour of the game takes about 15 minutes, and you're caught up to real time. Then go watch another show, and come back. Do that a third time, and in 3 hours you've watched a complete baseball game and 3 TV shows!
    Last edited by PlanetRetcon; October 13th, 2006 at 12:12 PM.

I'm going to put in a plug for Kidnapped on NBC. It's already been cancelled -- sorta. It will end after 13 episodes rather than a full season of 22. NBC moved it from Wednesday to Saturday, and the 4th episode will air this Saturday, Oct. 21.

It sounds like a one-trick pony -- teenage son of a wealthy family is kidnapped and the family uses a rogue ex-FBI agent to find him -- but there's a lot going on, and the acting and production values are excellent.

It's one of those shows where you can't guess what's going to happen next, but everything that happens is natural and realistic. No quirky twists or people going out of character to serve the plot.

The other shows I watch are:

Boston Legal
    The Office
    My Name is Earl
    Jericho (it's so laughably bad that it's entertaining, sort of a Plan 9 for TV)
    Veronica Mars
    Ugly Betty
    Supernatural
    Dexter (on Showtime)
    ER
    The Daily Show
    Family Guy
    The Simpsons
    Friday Night Lights

That's too much TV, but having Tivo helps.

Quote Originally Posted by AuntiePam
    Jericho (it's so laughably bad that it's entertaining, sort of a Plan 9 for TV)
    I don't know if I'd call it "Laughably bad" but it is more funny than it should be. Stay tuned for the next episode when the main character, the only guy on the show who can actually get anything done, helps deliver a baby while jumping a bus full of nuns over a minefield to escape a tidal wave!