Warehouse 13
    Grimm
    Person of Interest
    Elementary
    Burn Notice
    Royal Pains
    Dr. Who

Quote Originally Posted by Slice of G View Post
    Watched the first episode of American Horror Story Asylum the other day. Seems like it will be just as sick and twisted as the first season.
    I do like this show a lot. Is has a good crew of veteran actors who are great to watch.
    I get a sort of Logan's Run vibe from a lot of the imported US shows recently, whereby any actor over the age of 30 is summarily executed and replaced by a fresh out of high school younger/prettier version.
    Then again maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy!

I was surprised by how much I love the new Elementary series because I loved the Sherlock series so much! I don't think it's at Sherlock's level, yet, but I can see it getting there.

I'm mostly watching stuff I missed on Netflix. The only thing I'm actively watching these days is The Walking Dead. So naturally I'm liking it.

I recently watched Persons Unknown, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but wasn't as good as it could have been.

I'm in the middle Downton Abbey Season 2, and I like it very much. I tend to watch mostly genre stuff, but I like this quite a bit.

I'm on Supernatural Season 7. It's still pretty entertaining, but I'd like it to shift and give the characters time to grow and change more. At this point it seems to be in an unending angstathon with a kind of directionlessness in regards to their foes.

The only future for the Winchesters is for them to be honest and deal with some stuff and perhaps seek some kind of therapy. Bobby is almost as screwed up as them so he's no good. A hunter yoda figure?

I think they should actually become more organized and form a little Hunter Academy (or possible A-Team). Add some teen and early twenties hunters to take under their wing. Force them to become the mature ones. New characters, new issues, new dynamics. Slowly moving the Winchesters from Cyclops to Professor X. Just an idea.

Slowly watching Ken Burn's Civil War for a little edumacation. Calmly interesting so far.

Lastly, I enjoyed LOST although the first season is clearly the best so I ventured into ALIAS. I'm only a few episodes in, but it's entertaining so far. A little too much angsty folk music in the background and I could do without Bradley Cooper, but otherwise not bad.

That's it.

Spartacus War of the Damned.
    I loved Blood and Sand and Gods of the Arena. Vengeance was a bit meh, but the new series has really sunk into fantasy with the introduction of a blonde haired, blue-eyed, bearded Julius Caesar infiltrating Sparty's camp as an assassin/spy for Marcus Crassus.
    The series has become a Frank Miller pastiche of history that actually makes Mr Miller look like Polybius in comparison.
    There are four episodes left and I'm half expecting Bill and Ted to turn up in theTardis with Leonidas, Hannibal Barca, Attila the Hun and Alexander the Great to kick the Romans back into the bronze age

I've been watching "Vikings" recently. It's how historical drama should be done. The lead actor (Travis Fimmel) who plays Ragnar is excellent and reminds a lot of the late Andy Whitfield with his very understated acting style.
    Also been getting into "Archer" an animated series which is best described as James Bond for the American Dad generation.
    Last edited by kahnovitch; April 6th, 2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: to avoid double posting

I have enjoyed the first two episodes of Agents of SHIELD and am hopeful it will stay good. Otherwise I have binged on Orange is the New Black (excellent), Sherlock (I desperately want more) and am onto House of Cards (awesome) on Netflix.

But giddy with excitement. The Dead are Walking again real soon!!!!

I'm actually not a fan of Agents of Shield, think the characters are all pathetically cliche, and the show is very weak overall, but that may be just me. Personally, for a "wacky stuff goes on" show I greatly prefer Haven. The over-arching plot of Haven makes no sense whatsoever, but I like the characters way more than I like the Shield team.

I also like Grimm, because they do a terrific job with an incredibly goofy premise, and it actually kind of seems like it might still be making sense at the meta-level, as well as individual episodes.

Have you seen The Tomorrow People premier yet? The plot of it is 100% cliche, but its a cliche that works, and the show could potentially end up being good. Kind of too early to tell I think.

I simply love Coulson on SHIELD. More of him, please.

Sadly I don't get to watch nearly as much tv as I would like!! The Tomorrow People looks interesting though - will have to try and catch it.

I'm watching the BBC's successor/replacement for Merlin, which is called Atlantis and it is so unbelievably terrible.

Yet I've watched all three episodes so far as they've broadcast, which means it can't really be that bad. Except that it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    I'm watching the BBC's successor/replacement for Merlin, which is called Atlantis and it is so unbelievably terrible.

Yet I've watched all three episodes so far as they've broadcast, which means it can't really be that bad. Except that it is...
    Why does that make me want to watch it? If it's pantsier than Merlin...

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So...who's been watching Continuum? I think its filmed in Canada? I've watched two seasons of it on Netflick and I don't know the answer to that question. My powers of observation are pretty bad, I know, but I have enjoyed this TV show. Does anyone know if it continues. I mean, the way it ended, it has to continue, right? Right!!??

Quote Originally Posted by N. E. White View Post
    So...who's been watching Continuum? I think its filmed in Canada? I've watched two seasons of it on Netflick and I don't know the answer to that question. My powers of observation are pretty bad, I know, but I have enjoyed this TV show. Does anyone know if it continues. I mean, the way it ended, it has to continue, right? Right!!??
    I only watched the first season, but liked it, in a low key kind of way.

Helix is very good so far. I cant really imagine it staying that way for very long though.

I'm really liking Almost Human. A nice little dash of sci-fi, sprinkled with some humor, mated with your run of the mill buddy cop show. Its clearly nothing great, and I wouldnt be real upset to miss one, but I dunno, I just find it likable in a low key way.

I watch Shield, but feel its a little lame, just not much else out there.

I used to like Haven, but its clear that has completely jumped the shark.

I dont have a sci-fi or fantasy show that is a must watch for me these days, but I'm glad that there are a few I find somewhat enjoyable.
    Last edited by ArtNJ; January 15th, 2014 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N. E. White View Post
    So...who's been watching Continuum? I think its filmed in Canada?
    I think it's set there too:
    Quote Originally Posted by IMDb
    A detective from the year 2077 finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver and searching for ruthless criminals from the future.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dope! That's right, JM, Vancouver.

I kind of think of Vancouver as its own country. Its too hip to be in Canada. And way too smart to be in the United States...

@ArtNJ - Yeah, I'm not completely hanging out for Continuum, but I do like it. And I am curious how the three generations are going to fix things (or make them worse). Plus, she gets back to her son, right? I mean, she wants it so bad, I know they'll stretch it as long as possible, but still, they got to give her son back.

I'll try Almost Human. Thanks!

http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Almost Human
    Intelligence
    Blacklist
    Agents of SHIELD
    Chicago Fire
    Chicago PD
    Survivor
    Sports