Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NickeeCoco View Post
    Hmm. Maybe I'll give it a go on Sunday, then. I was just afraid it was going to be a soap opera set in space. All the ads for it made it out to be some sort of romance thing.
    It's definitely a bit romancy, but there's something else going on at the same time that's only been alluded to.

I'm watching the series called Sea patrol, about a australian warship, have to say I like it!

LOSt
    Entourage
    Conan O'Brien

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just caught the thirteenth episode of Dollhouse and it absolutely blew me away. If this is the future we have to look forward to in the second season, strap me in and sign me up because that was one of the best 50mins of TV I've seen in a long while. Some of the hints at what the technology becomes capable of and the further goals of the houses was exciting. At the end of the first season I wasn't fussed on seeing a second, now I'm very hopeful - lets hope the studios don't hamstring Whedon. Also - why did they think it wouldn't be wise to air this episode?

I'm watching Jack and Bobby now and it looks great.

I don't have cable, so I watch whatever I can get from Hulu or through Netflix (Hulu is generally faster). Right now I'm watching:

Deadwood - unmistakably adult and serious HBO show. Very well staged with some excellent actors. I'm on the second season now but the show takes so much out of me that I might need to take a break.

Merlin and Legend of the Seeker - as mentioned elsewhere, I will watch any SF/F tv shows I can get my hands on. These are free. They're not awesome, but they're mildly entertaining, and they're good when I don't have anything else to watch.

Crusoe - I'm really only watching this because it's on Hulu. It's not bad, I guess, it has lots of fun adventure scenes but the plot fails on substance (as true as the above Merlin and LotS). I mainly have this on while I'm cooking.

And a new one acquired last week:

Kyle XY - I know, this show looks like one of those horrible family shows with no substance and angsty teenagery plot foils. But while it does involve a family and has some teenagery moments, I'm really enjoying this show. I watched the whole first season in one day. I wish I could put my finger on what was so enjoyable about the show. It was satisfying in the same way that the fantasy stories about a young hero are satisfying. Anyone else like this show?

Finished Jack & Bobby, and it's a good series. Now I am going to watch Flashpiont.

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterWilliam View Post
    Hmm, shows I DVR and then watch at my convenience:

Heroes
    Lost
    Lie to Me
    Kings
    Fringe
    Sanctuary
    Legend of the Seeker
    Change things up to:

Dexter (starts back up Sept. 27th - current favorite, it fact, perhaps best television program I've ever watched)
    Heroes
    Lie to Me
    Lost
    Fringe
    Sanctuary
    Last edited by PeterWilliam; August 21st, 2009 at 08:16 AM.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterWilliam View Post
    Change things up to:

Dexter (starts back up Sept. 27th - current favorite, it fact, perhaps best television program I've ever watched)
    Heroes
    Lie to Me
    Lost
    Fringe
    Sanctuary
    I still haven't seen Dexter, 24, or Heroes... but I hear that Heroes gets bad after a while, same with 24, so I haven't been interested enough to check them out.

Have you watched any HBO shows, though? I don't see any on your list, but they're by far the best shows I've ever seen (aside from Lost which is not HBO). I'd highly recommend Deadwood, Rome, Sopranos (first 2 or 3 seasons anyway), and The Wire. If you want some great HBO comedies, I'd recommend Flight of the Conchords and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Blog Entries
    Don't know if I've said it before, but I think Time Warp is a great show. It's amazing to see how things really happen.

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    Have you watched any HBO shows, though? I don't see any on your list, but they're by far the best shows I've ever seen (aside from Lost which is not HBO). I'd highly recommend Deadwood, Rome, Sopranos (first 2 or 3 seasons anyway), and The Wire. If you want some great HBO comedies, I'd recommend Flight of the Conchords and Curb Your Enthusiasm.
    You know, the last HBO show I watched was Oz. So, it's been a while. I think what keeps me from jumping in is that some are already going and I worry about jumping a story part-way through. I am intrigued, by what little I know, about Deadwood and Curb Your Enthusiasm (loved Seinfeld - you know what I'm saying, well technically what I'm talking about, but you know what I'm saying - ).

I do know one HBO show I will be watching, as soon as it's ready.

I just started watching the Wire (Season 1 on DVD). Wow - this is very compelling tv. I so need HBO. They really seem to be able to make tv watchable. Most of the dial is a wasteland with the occasional gem thrown in i.e. LOST.

Watched torchwood, can;t say I much liked it.

Dexter
    Bones
    Supernatural
    Spooks
    Weeds
    Heroes
    Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles

I also loved Deadwood, Alias, The Wire, The Shield and Band Of Brothers but those shows are over

Friday nights lights started and I'm glad, love that show!!!!