Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterWilliam View Post
    SLASH,
    I find V very enjoyable. You may be able to watch the episodes on-line.
    Thanx. Most of the time I like to watch tv shows when they're released so I don't have to wait each week for a new episode
    I think I will try watching V online though to get an impression of the show
    Last edited by SLASH; December 5th, 2009 at 08:02 PM.

Lost
    Heroes
    24 hours

I follow A LOT of tv shows, though am not always up-to-date... but I always try to be by premiere date of its next season.

Here are some:

LOST
    Supernatural
    Smallville
    CSI
    The Mentalist
    The Big Bang Theory
    How I Met Your Mother
    V
    Fringe
    NCIS
    NCIS: Los Angeles
    Dollhouse
    Chuck
    Heroes
    The Forgotten
    Grey's Anatomy
    Vampire Diaries
    Sons of Anarchy
    Leverage
    White Collar
    Desperate Housewives
    Medium
    Monk
    Psych
    Merlin
    Castle
    Lie to Me
    Criminal Minds
    30 Rock
    The Office
    Bones
    Sunny in Philadelphia
    Dexter
    Entourage
    True Blood
    United States of Tara
    Weeds

At the moment I'm way behind in all of these... haven't found much time for them at the moment.

On TV:
    Legend of the Seeker
    Star Trek - The Original Series

On DVD:
    Dungeons & Dragons
    Wonder Woman

Really, it's all I'm planning to watch this year.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lie to Me* - just watched the first season in double quick time and really enjoyed it, they didn't overplay any of the relationships, the two main characters strike a good balance for the cast to play around, the premise is fascinating and there was more variety than I was expecting from a set-up that seemed heavily formulaic initially.

Also caught up with the start of Day 8 of 24 and thought I was watching a parody. Seriously I'm calling jump the shark at this point for the unintentional self-mockery and referencing. The acting is down several notches and the new CTU is just plain ugly, which leads me to suspect it will be blown the hell up before the season is out. I like the show a lot so it gets plenty of leeway but not an infinite amount.

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kater View Post
    Lie to Me* - just watched the first season in double quick time and really enjoyed it, they didn't overplay any of the relationships, the two main characters strike a good balance for the cast to play around, the premise is fascinating and there was more variety than I was expecting from a set-up that seemed heavily formulaic initially.
    I watch a lot of this, as well as Fringe, lately. My two current favorites.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That is the other box set I got in the January sales and will be spinning in my DVD player before long, I've heard good things and was a fan of the early seasons of the X-Files.

Anyone else like the show Chuck ?
    Good fun !

I love Chuck. It's the only show I'm watching right now. the show makes me laugh. There are moments that make me laugh so hard and long that I miss what happens.

Entourage
    Dexter
    True Blood
    How I Met Your Mother
    Big Bang Theory
    Chuck
    Castle
    Ugly Betty
    Glee
    Bones
    The Office
    Supernatural
    Dollhouse (sigh)

I also watch The Vampire Diaries because my daughter makes me. On that front, I have also seen an occasional episode of Gossip Girls, Psych, Mentalist, 30 Rock, and United States of Tara. I do not like Fringe much, especially as Fox backed it over Sarah Connor and Dollhouse. I would watch Burn Notice, but I can't get it where I am. Likewise, we're behind on The Closer because of availability. I am trying very hard not to acquire any more series.

You raise an interesting question in me Katg, of whether I would trade Fringe for Dollhouse or Sarah Connor....

probably not though, I REEEEEEEEEEALLY like Fringe. I think it's a shame we don't get to have all 3 though.

I also sometimes catch Sanctuary, which for me does pretty much what Fringe does in a different way/mythology, and I prefer that one. I also sometimes catch episodes of Eureka which is sort of like Chuck crossed with Fringe, and I do like that one too. But Dollhouse is gone and Ugly Betty will be gone and Supernatural may be gone. And Pushing Daisies and Reaper, which we loved, got done wrong and are gone. So I'm losing regular series at a rapid clip. But there is a lot of good t.v. out there now, which just makes me smile because of course it was all supposed to die off. Whenever someone tells you what the future of t.v. is going to be, just ignore them.

(Vampire Diaries is getting better.)

Gentleman and Scholar Wulfa_Jones's Avatar
    I watch a fair bit of US TV...

Got into Bones before Christmas and devoured 4 seasons in a matter of weeks. Currently enjoying the 5th season. It's not ground breaking TV, but I like the character interaction more than the murder of the week story.

Glad that Chuck has started back up and that giving him the new intersect hasn't ruined the story. I am getting a little bored of the Buy More storylines though. They are a little hit and miss and I think the show could do with dopping back on them a little bit.

Big fan of Supernatural. Love the balance between story arc epsiodes, comedy epsiodes and one-offs. I was worried that with this being the Apocalypse season it would all be a bit serious, but so far, this season has been better than the last. I both want and don't want another season. It was designed as a 5 year arc and if they rap up the Apocalypse storyline in this season, then what do you do with the 6th season? A bit like when they defeated the The Ghouls in SG1 and had to come up with a new Big Bad. Didn't work.

Other shows I watch are Castle, Burn Notice, Leverage, House, Fringe, Flashforward, Psych and just started on Human Target. The quality of these shows is mixed, some I watch because they are fun to watch - brain candy stuff and others I watch due to the high production and storyline qualties.

Another show I have started on is Life Unexpected... not really suitable for this forum as it is a bit of a "dramedy". More of a guilty pleasure along the lines of The Gilmore Girls. It is a bit girly, but gives me a happy warm feeling! Same with Glee I suppose.

I do enjoyed the CBS Monday night double bill of How I Met Your Mother (my top rated comedy) and Big Bang Theory. Also like Community (Joel McHale of the Soup is just generally quality) and 30 Rock.

UK stuff... only really Being Human at the moment. Waiting for the return of The Doctor in a few months though.

Also trying to crack highly rated shows like The Wire and Mad Men, but not happening yet.

Never took to Dollhouse, couldn't see the point. I'll watch Sanctuary and Eureka if they are on, but not a regular viewer.

Quite a lot of TV really... then again it all goes away in the summer months!
    Last edited by Wulfa_Jones; January 30th, 2010 at 10:27 AM.

Gentleman and Scholar Wulfa_Jones's Avatar
    On a side note, looking forward to Day One and Happy Life (don't know much other than it features the lovely Amy Acker).

One show I really like the idea of, but have no idea when it is going to appear is NBC's Persons Unknown. Trailer is about on the internet and is about a group of people who wake up in a hotel and find they are trapped in a town. Created by Chris McQuarrie who wrote The Usual Suspects.

Might give Past Life and Justified ago as well.

Of course, looking forward to hearing about the new pilots being commissioned over the summer.

I wish I could get more of the British t.v. -- you have better shows, even when dealing with lower budgets.