Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy M. View Post
    Which reminds me, does anyone else while reading Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart" find themselves recalling the old country-western song, "I'm Walkin' the Floor Over You"?
    Nope, but I must admit The Tell-Tale Heart is one of the single best short stories I've ever read. This performance shows just how good it is.

me wathces Top Gear, a show about car under BBC, it's just insane.

Wrapped up Season 2 of The Wire - Great freaking television. The charachters, story, acting - everything is top notch. Now I need to go out and get me some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Darth View Post
    Wrapped up Season 2 of The Wire - Great freaking television. The charachters, story, acting - everything is top notch. Now I need to go out and get me some more.
    I hold The Wire up as the best 60 hours of television I've ever seen. I've been trying to get people I know to watch it for a few years now, but something about my sales pitch must be off, because I can't really get anyone to try it no matter how much I talk it up.

It is gritty and funny and so human. I just love it. I am a big fan of Dexter too, but you just can't relate to that dude, its more like being on a ride. The Wire is just so real. I must get season 3 and soon, nothing else is appealing till the new Game of Thrones series starts.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    With the new season's upon us I've finally caught up on Dexter and the ending to the last season was pretty poor by the show's high standards, hoping for better this season and no I haven't read anything about it so don't tell me please

Shows I'm watching out for are Terra Nova because of the budget, the hype and dinosaurs!! Jurassic Park the TV show would be fine by me. Also Person of Interest is getting huge hype, they even moved CSI from a slot it's owned for 10 years to fit it in. Intrigued to see if it stands up to the noise.

I'm working my way through Season 2 of Fringe. I heard it takes some time for Fringe to find its feet, which is true, but now the alternative universe plot element is getting stronger the show is becoming much more interesting. Some of the science requires a massive amount of suspension of disbelief, but that part of the fun.

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spaziocain View Post
    I'm working my way through Season 2 of Fringe. I heard it takes some time for Fringe to find its feet, which is true, but now the alternative universe plot element is getting stronger the show is becoming much more interesting. Some of the science requires a massive amount of suspension of disbelief, but that part of the fun.
    Fringe and Dexter are my two must-see shows. Fringe ended last season on a fairly insane cliff-hanger and I can't wait to see what happens as the result of it.

It is gritty and funny and so human. I just love it. I am a big fan of Dexter too, but you just can't relate to that dude, its more like being on a ride. The Wire is just so real. I must get season 3 and soon, nothing else is appealing till the new Game of Thrones series starts.
    DD, if you're that big a fan of The Wire, you'd do well to check out David Simon's book that eventually kicked off his whole career in TV, Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets. Not sure if you know the history, but he rode with the Homicide division in Baltimore for a year and wrote a book on his experiences. It's really great...I think my favorite nonfiction book by far and well above a lot of fiction. Really grim and funny and eye-opening.

My SO and I are currently working our way through the TV show Homicide, which is based on the book. It's definitely a different kind of police show, and you can see a lot of the beginnings of The Wire there, particularly in the later seasons when David Simon starts doing more of the writing and such (the earlier seasons are a little slower).

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWilliam View Post
    Fringe and Dexter are my two must-see shows. Fringe ended last season on a fairly insane cliff-hanger and I can't wait to see what happens as the result of it.
    Aaahh, Fringe. A delight, truly. Can't wait for the 4th season either!

Does anyone watch Supernatural??? It turned kind of weird last season, but I do want to know what happens too.

A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    Just watched the first episode of 'The Fades'.

Not bad at all. Possibly a little rushed but that's most likely due to fitting the storyline into available episodes. Just hope they can keep it up for the rest of the series.

Currently watching:
    Planet Dinosaur: Narrated by John Hurt, and... not that good, actually. The animation is really not all that, and I'm not sure who it's aimed at. On the one hand, it seems like later-night TV for kids/teens, but it's a little violent and full of scientific talk. Oh, and John Hurt constantly saying "We" is really getting on my nerves. "We have discovered..." - Who is "we"? Certainly not me and certainly not him!

Mock the Week: Seems OK this season, but Chris Addison still annoys me a little. The guests have been alright, too, but I only watch it because there's nothing else on.

QI: Not bad so far, but going to skip tonight's episode as I don't care for the guests.

Digging for Britain: Dr Alice Roberts, need I say more? Quite interesting to watch, though.

Pawn Stars: Quite a funny and interesting watch. I was worried it'd be complete rubbish when I first watched it, but it turned out to be very good. You can learn a lot in an episode or two of it, plus you'll get a good few laughs from it.

Thanks for the reccomendation Erf!

I am back into Boardwalk Empire. I initially watched the first 4 episodes but then could not get back to it. Now I am watching it On Demand and it is so good. I have always loved mob stories.

I love Pawn Stars.

I love Pawn Stars.
    I think The Old Man should have his own show. He'd just sit there complaining

I just love all the cool artifacts that come into that store.

And I forgot to mention I have finally gotten into Dr. Who. And as fortune would have it they have started replaying from the time of the Chris Eccleson reboot (I hope thats his name). So I am totally immersing my self in the series. It is fun, smart and all kinds of cool.