Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I have no doubt that SuperSkeet will deliver at least one baby before it's all over.

What does everybody think of the new series of lost?

Arrrgh. Why can't I remember Monday night at 10:00 for Studio 60 on Sunset Strip. I like it, and I have even set my cablebox reminder (which only works when it wants to), and still I miss it. I don't have TIVO or a DVR, and I don't want to set my VCR, cause I tape, but then never watch. I have seen most of the shows on their web site, rather than on the TV. Smaller screen, but fewer commercials.

I was watching the Cards kill the Bears on Monday Night Football. Yes, its not a typo or a drunken mistake. The Cardinals are killing the Bears, for those who didn't watch because they expected the Bears to blow them out.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mwahahaha the Bears came back big time I had flashbacks of a few seasons ago for a while there but our defence showed up in the fourth and all is well at 6-0

Back on thread I think Lost is looking good for this season, there are a few oddities - the suddenly very 'normal' Others is the major huh? point but it seems the better shows like Lost and Battlestar Galactica (next week's episode looks like being fantastic) have changed pace and tack in order to stay fresh. Another trend seems to be complex, single-story shows like Heroes, the Nine, Kidnapped, Vanished, Jericho etc that are quite enjoyable - for the record I don't think Jericho is that bad, and we don't know what Super Skeet has been doing for five years, so maybe he's been wondering the Earth learning all these skills for just such an event

What is annoying though is the scheduling - six epsiodes of Lost then nothing until Feb 2007, why even bother? Plus Prison Break is starting to wonder around again, meaning seraching the listings all the time to find when it's on again. I've been really into Vanished but with them getting rid of Gale Harold I'm not sure I can stomach watching a different character finish the show.

I forgot to put Heroes on my list. The dialogue is often cheesy and a couple of things make my eyes roll (Simone and Peter falling into bed together for one), but it's better than I thought it'd be.

I'm not too sure about Heroes yet, but I'll stick with it for awhile longer.

Quote Originally Posted by kater
    Mwahahaha the Bears came back big time I had flashbacks of a few seasons ago for a while there but our defence showed up in the fourth and all is well at 6-0
    Well I wouldn't call anything about the Bears big time after the terrible game they played, and the fact that they barely beat a 1-5 team. An exciting game, but pretty pathetic too.

There is one good thing, there is now plenty of tape for Belichick to dissect, and the Bears have to come through Foxborough.

Pretty much when I am not watching Studio 60 , I am on the NFL channel 24/7. Gotta love the 4 game replays this year, and the Game Day show after the games on Sunday.

An all around good person ChronoSerge's Avatar
    I watch:

Lost
    Stargate SG1
    Stargate Atlantis
    Battlestar Galactica
    Bones
    numb3rs
    Jericho
    Heroes
    Smallville

Obviously I don't watch THAT much TV :P Not all of these shows are in season at the same time.

Shows I still watchin in re-runs from time to time:

Futurama
    Star Trek: The Next Generation

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AuntiePam View Post

Boston Legal
    The Office
    My Name is Earl
    Jericho (it's so laughably bad that it's entertaining, sort of a Plan 9 for TV)
    Veronica Mars
    Ugly Betty
    Supernatural
    Dexter (on Showtime)
    ER
    The Daily Show
    Family Guy
    The Simpsons
    Friday Night Lights

That's too much TV, but having Tivo helps.
    I read that you mentioned Dexter. Michael C. Hall has a golden globe nomination. How cool is that? Maybe our Dexter will win an award. Weeds has 4 nominations and Michael Ealy ("Sleeper Cell") also is nominated. I wish all the people good luck in winning.

I'm a big fan of House. Great character development of the Gregory House character and portrayed excellently by Hugh Laurie.

Another show that I've been following is Lost. Its a great concept with excellent actors and I like the unpredicatability, reminds me of ASOIAF in that instance.

Quote Originally Posted by dits View Post
    I'm a big fan of House. Great character development of the Gregory House character and portrayed excellently by Hugh Laurie.

Another show that I've been following is Lost. Its a great concept with excellent actors and I like the unpredicatability, reminds me of ASOIAF in that instance.
    House is a really cool show. Hugh Laurie is superb.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've been really enjoying Day Break lately, watching him put the puzzle together and seeing the consequences of those actions is intriguing. Also just worked my way through Vanished and it's a pity it suffered from some bad press and the death of the best character, it's very watchable.

Smile reply

Quote Originally Posted by kater View Post
    I've been really enjoying Day Break lately, watching him put the puzzle together and seeing the consequences of those actions is intriguing. Also just worked my way through Vanished and it's a pity it suffered from some bad press and the death of the best character, it's very watchable.
    That show looks really great but I'll have to take time and check it out. Taye Diggs is in it I think.

I want to be a princess sic's mom's Avatar
    I will admit I don't watch that much TV. In fact the TV is rarely on in my house except for DVDs and a few shows during the week. (Which I usually DVR and then watch on my days off) I watch all three of the CSIs and I really like that new show Shark. I am really looking forward to the Dresden Files that are supposed to be out in Jan on the Sci Fi channel. Read all the books and can't wait for this one. But really don't watch much. Been on graveyard for seven years and it plays hell with watching TV in the evenings

Gentleman and Scholar Wulfa_Jones's Avatar
    I really like Heroes, but then I am a big X-fan and the series is a bit like a X-Men tv series - from the characters powers to the shadowy Weapon X like organisation.

Other than that here is not much I watch.... I like StarGate (SG1and Atlantis), House MD, Doctor Who, Supernatural, Scrubs and that's about it off the top of my head.

I mean I watch general TV stuff like sitcom repeats and I have some stuff on DVD like Spaced.

Not seen Jericho yet as no one is showing it over in the UK yet (downloaded the first 11 Heroes epsiodes), but based on what I've read below I'm not to bothered about it!

I do agree with sic's mom on the looking forward to the Dresen Files comment, just made a post about it containing a link to the trailer and it looks pretty good.