Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I'm totally hung up on Monster Quest, UFO Files, In Search Of , Ghost Hunters and the like. I'm totally geeked!

chris

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Forgot to mention two others I had 'in play.' The novelty of Swamp People has worn off, for me, so that one has been dropped, but I was intrigued enough by Alphas to set it to record for season 2.

I was so pumped up watching the first episode of FULL METAL JOUSTING that I can't seem to type it without caps. What a rush, I hope this thing blows up in a big way!

Currently we're following:

Lost Girl
    Mad Men
    Game of Thrones
    True Blood

Just finished off Spartacus:Vengeance. Really liked this season and even though the new guy has not totally replaced the original actor it is well on its way. The fight scenes continue to be amazing. I hope there is another season to see the slave revolt grow.

One more episode to go in The Wire S4. Oh My God what an amazing season. One of the best actually. They are all good but I am riveted to every scene. Not enough McNulty though.

Slap me - I fogot to mention Game of Thrones. All I have to say about that is wow!

Saintjon - I watched the first episode of full metal jousting and thought it rocked!
    Last edited by Daddy Darth; April 12th, 2012 at 01:49 PM.

Just finished season 3 of Justified - it's getting better and better each season.

Now really liking Strike Back (season 2) for some excellent spy-action.

Episode 2 of Full Metal Jousting was another home run, although maybe not the grand slam the first episode was. It's interesting how the rivalries and cross-team tensions are shaping up. I'm looking forward to seeing the show-jumper James joust. He's the smallest member of the red team but he's also hands down the best rider and his joust technique is pretty magnificent (I think he was the first contestant to unhorse someone in training, unless they edited out someone else). I think I favour the black team overall, their coach seems to have an approach I can relate to better. I felt bad for the one guy this week who got smashed in the head during training when he was having such a stellar performance up to that point. Them's the breaks I guess.

Blog Entries
    Monster Quest and Beast Quest, which are about the same. Watching Bigfoot on Monster Quest right now. Most are reruns but I always need my crypto fix.

chirs

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWilliam View Post
    Forgot to mention two others I had 'in play.' The novelty of Swamp People has worn off, for me, so that one has been dropped, but I was intrigued enough by Alphas to set it to record for season 2.
    Just heard via the History Channel's FB page that one of the Swamp People cast (one of the brothers) passed away today. Kinda shocking, even if you don't watch it (I've seen clips of varying sizes on TV).

A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    Over the last few weeks I've watched series 1 and 2 of Stargate Universe. They were showing two per day so I just set the Tivo to record and voila. Really enjoyed it. Not sure how long they could have kept it going without getting stale like I found with SG-1 but it's cancelled anyway so .

So having seen an entire season of Person of Interest I have to say that this show totally lived up to it's promising beginnings throughout the season. Lots of interesting developments and intrigue and the finale last night ended it all on a strong high note.

I've been watching The Killing, a Danish detective/thriller series - thoroughly absorbing (and nice to watch a non-English series for a change).

I do enjoy Lost Girl, and from time to time Supernatural, but they have this grating 'monster of the week' feel, and I'm trying to find something that is a more story-story-story format, like GoT. I can't find many contempory fantasy/sci-fi shows. Everything is crime. ; ; Not a huge crime buff.

I finished Spartacus: Vengeance a while ago. Brilliant, I love all them stories. But now with so many amazing characters gone I don't know if it'll be as interesting. : (

GoT GoT and more Got!!

Also midway through season 5 of The Wire. Oh, Omar you are the best. Can't believe you survived that jump from the window and are still kicking ass. I am going to be sad when this last season is done.

Started season 4 of Nurse Jackie and quickly burned through three episodes with my wife. Good good stuff in a dark kind of way!

I think I would start this thread about TV shows, because I was wondering who is watcing the new TV shows, or continuing with the old TV shows.

Recently I watch The finder TV show which is based on Iraq war vet suffers a brain injury that triggers the ability to see connections between seemingly unrelated events, objects or people.