Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast
    Artist, Cartoonist & Dude Action Avenue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slice of G View Post
    Recently watched first episode of Season Three of The Walking Dead and to me, this is the best series on television right now. About much more than just zombie killing (although there was plenty of that in this episode). More about how the characters interact with each other and their nightmarish world. Sometimes the "alive" humans are the bigger monsters than the zombies. Can't wait to see how the rest of the series unfolds. Carl is one bad-ass kid.
    I couldn't agree with you more. The Walking Dead is easily the best show on TV. My wife and I have watched this show since the beginning. I have also had to subscribe this TV show to family and friends who don't watch. My description usually goes along the lines that it is good old fashioned story telling which just happens to have zombies thrown in for good measure. One of my favorite scenes from last season didn't even involve zombies, that's how great this show is. It involved the situation when Rick, Glenn & Hershel were confronted in the bar by the strangers (I believe their names were Tony & Dave). I liked the scene because it had an old western movie showdown feel and it was extremely intense.

Watched the first episode of American Horror Story Asylum the other day. Seems like it will be just as sick and twisted as the first season. I don't think it will have anything to do with the first season, so you can watch it without watching the first season. As in the first season, Jessica Lange once again steals the show. Lots of questions brought up in the episode. Aliens? Something being fed in the woods? Who's Bloody Face? Should be a good season.

Artist, Cartoonist & Dude Action Avenue's Avatar
    In addition to watching The Walking Dead, I also enjoy:
    Sons of Anarchy
    The Office (American Version)
    The Big Bang Theory
    American Pickers
    Face Off
    Comic Book Men
    Wings (My favorite sitcom of all time)
    Toy Hunter

And, finally, the occasional NFL or college football game.

don't watch a ton of tv outside of sports but Walking Dead is probably the best show I have ever seen. Other then that, Boardwalk Empire and of course Game of Thrones are the only ones I make a point to watch.

Afraid to admit it here but I have now watched two seasons of Downton Abbey and love it. I am making up for it with some Walking Dead. How can one love such different things?

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Darth View Post
    Afraid to admit it here but I have now watched two seasons of Downton Abbey and love it. I am making up for it with some Walking Dead. How can one love such different things?
    Ah, DD. We must be twins separated at birth (nevermind reality). Downton Abby is one of my favorite favorite favorite TV shows. And I love The Walking Dead too! They are both really good soap operas. I don't like to admit it, but it's true. There's just a lot of great human drama in those two shows and that's why we love 'em.

Rose whatsit who plays Ygritte is in Downton Abbey. She's awesome.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    Rose whatsit who plays Ygritte is in Downton Abbey. She's awesome.
    Ah, she was a great addition in the second season. I very much enjoy her as well. I'm not sure I have a favorite. Violet gets the best lines, though, so I'll guess she'd be who I'd play.

One series I wish I did not watch - World Without End! It was so bad it made me feel bad to watch it. I loved the book immensely so to see it so poorly done was a shame. Can't imagine what Follett thinks about it.

TMSO - nothing wrong with living in unreality. I can't imagine I would have scored a better sister!!! Though our parents would have had to be some pretty big geeks to come up with the likes of us

It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    I've seen a couple of episodes from Red Dwarf X. They're fun, but I get the feeling they try to hard to be funny and play the stupid card too often. This is my first season, I choose it because I read a book earlier in the year by Rob Grant (I think it was Incompetence), but I don't think it's a keeper.

Favorite shows that are currently running are Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey and Madmen. Based on what I've heard, I know I will have to start Walking Dead sometime soon, but I've been delaying it since I had a horrible nightmare of zombies trying to attacking my children a few months ago. Perhaps I watch too much genre television!

Though I dabble in writing short stories, I think my ultimate fantasy job would be to write television, though that would never fit with my life.

Grimm
    Haven

Where can I find Downtown Abbey and what is it about? I've heard a lot of people recently expressing fondness for it, but not why or what.

Downtown Abbey takes place at the beginning of the 20th century and focuses on the lives of a noble family in England (can't remember which county) as well as their servants. The human drama is done remarkably well, especially in season 1 and the history is fun too. It's a BBC production. I downloaded it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Santaria View Post
    It's a BBC production.
    No, it isn't. It's an ITV production, if my memory is correct.

A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    Probably broadcast on BBC America.

Never watched it myself although a lot of people rave about it. I've read an opinion that it's story line is being slanted towards the American market in the later series too.

My guilty watching at the moment is American Guns. Partly because I find the engineering and fabrication interesting, partly because of Rich Wyatt's expression every episode when he's asked to pay a large sum of money and partly a sense of wonder about a place where everybody seems to carry a gun at all times. I'm surprised that one of the custom builds hasn't been a waterproof revolver able to stand up to prolonged immersion in hot bathwater.