Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I have recently been watching a guilty pleasure. It is on my local NH PBS station. It is called DanceSport, and is competitive dancing. They have different divisions or types of dances. There are competitions in the US ones overseas and then a world championship competition.

I really like the Latin division, because the dances are fast and they sizzle. The ballroom division is a bit stilted and silly but still watchable.

This is not dancing with the stars but with professional dancers.

Shameless and that's about it now Torchwood is finished. Years later and I am still mourning Farscape's passing.

Quote Originally Posted by FicusFan View Post

I also have been watching Rescue Me this year, though it has finished for the year. It was the 3rd season and I got the first 2 on DVD.

I also got hooked on The Deadliest Catch which was about fishing for crab in Alaska. That is over too, not sure if it will be back.
    I love Rescue Me. And The Deadliest Catch! OMG how awesome is the deadly Bering Sea? LOL

I also love:

SciFi category: Torchwood, Stargate Atlantis, Firefly
    Gritty drama category: Deadwood, The Shield
    LOL category: The IT Crowd, Black Books
    I wish I was still a teenage girl category: My So-Called Life

Blog Entries
    Currently on TV, well, Waking the Dead is the only thing I make an effort not to miss. Tried Ugly Betty, but found I it was not as good as the hype, (same went for Touchwood) Will watch Dr Who and Life on Mars when they return and the new ITV program "Primeval" when it starts. Not sure if it is a one off or a series, but looks like it might be a type of Torchwood clone that is actually better than the original. Also been a lot of old films on during the day, which I have been recording for "veg" time. That is when I plonk down in the chair about 9.00pm and feel like staring at the box for an hour.

As for DVD's been working my way through "West Wing" last series.

Quote Originally Posted by FicusFan View Post
    I have recently been watching a guilty pleasure. It is on my local NH PBS station. It is called DanceSport, and is competitive dancing. They have different divisions or types of dances. There are competitions in the US ones overseas and then a world championship competition.

I really like the Latin division, because the dances are fast and they sizzle. The ballroom division is a bit stilted and silly but still watchable.

This is not dancing with the stars but with professional dancers.
    I enjoyed the BBC celebrity one recently which a cricket player, Mark Ramprakash, won. He was very good. I generally love to watch dance competitions, but then I also love Fred and Ginger, and where's the shame in that?!

I'm currently following:

ER
    Ugly Betty
    Battelstar Galactica

and waiting for the next seasons of:
    Dr Who
    Life on Mars

Gutted I never got to start on Shameless, has anyone seen the new 'skins' programme? it looks like a young people's version of Shameless.

The Simpson
    MASH
    Family Guy
    South Park
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    Radio Free Roscoe

im currently watching

The OC
    Ugly Betty
    ER

and when its on Scrubs.

Cant wait for new Lost eps as well...

Leisure time optimizer Moderator Nimea's Avatar
    German TV is always a bit behind to the US tv shows so I try to be up-to-date via . . . erm, . . . well, another way.

And the tv shows I never miss:
    Battlestar Galactica
    Heroes
    CSI

(these are also shows I would/or have already bought on DVD)

Tv shows I never miss either but sometimes do watch later or not with as much enthusiasm as the above shows:
    Veronica Mars (just ordered the first two seasons on DVD - I am saving the third season for a later enjoyment)
    Boston Legal
    CSI:NY (I liked this show very much in the beginning, while I never was fond of CSI:Miami - but recently NY lacks in some areas whereas the original CSI is still great)
    The L Word (Loved the first season, still enjoyed the second very much; the third season was a let-down, now I only have hope left for the new season)
    Lost (I love Lost! But since I am showing the first season to a good friend of mine and plan to watch the whole thing with her, I am saving the second and third one for later - btw. I own the first season on DVD as well as the first part of season 2)

Shows I have enjoyed immensely in the past and whose new seasons I am also looking forward to at a later time:
    24 (only watched season 1 to 3 so far - 2 and 3 each on one weekend )
    The Shield

A Show I am interested in but haven't followed it yet: Rome

And great shows that already (and sometimes sadly) were cancelled:
    Farscape
    Firefly
    Dead like me
    X-Files
    Buffy
    Joan of Arcadia

Other shows I sometimes watch - most often when they are aired on German tv:
    ER
    Grey's Atonomy
    King of Queens
    Scrubs
    Monk

And between all that I still try to find time to read - and work, eat and sleep.

(Oh, and I loved The Simpsons but recently haven't kept up with it. I also loved Futurama.)

Now, anything else? Mmh, The Dresden Files might be interesting but the first episode wasn't that interesting . . .

Well, it's great to have the opportunity to watch shows when I have time, not when the tv programme tells me to. Because then I would probably not accomplish anything ever.

Hiding under a glimveil Annaren Girl's Avatar
    The great and beautiful Pacific Northwest Oregon
    heros
    battlestar galactica
    both stargates
    will and grace and friends reruns
    dead like me reruns
    dr. who
    ncis
    survivor when its on
    lost
    my name is earl sometimes

ummm i am sure i have missed something.......lol

Smile TV Shows I Watch

StarGate
    StarGate Atlantis
    7TH Heaven
    NCIS
    CSI
    Ugly Betty
    Shark
    Ghost Whisper
    Las Vegas
    Numbers
    Wild Fire
    Threshold
    Two and a half men

Kimberly

Did anyone see the start of the new series based on Tanya Huff's Blood series, with Vicky Nelson, PI and Henry Fitzroy, bastard son of Henry VIII and vampire ? It is called Blood Ties and the first episode was on last night for 2 hours. Its on Lifetime, Sundays at 10:00 pm.

It was very good. I like the actress who plays Vicky, she isn't too young or frilly or an airhead. The guy who plays Mike is very close to the book, maybe a bit too young. The guy who plays Henry is not a red-head, and probably too young, but I like him better than the book.

So far it seems much better than the TV version of the Dresden Files, which I could only watch a bit of, and then had to change the channel.

Time maybe different on your cable system. I had no idea about this, I just caught the ad for the premiere by accident. Talk about low key.

The only shows I've been following as they air these days are Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Rome and Real Time.

I've been watching Deadwood after someone loaned be the DVDs-- pretty good show, too bad it was cancelled.

As far as cancelled shows, I loved more than a few, so let's not go there...

I caught something on FX (cable version on Fox) the other night. They have been advertising it heavily. It is called The Riches, and it stars Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver who play Irish-American Travelers. They are family groups that move around and are criminals. They run scams and steal and are con artists.

The two Brits do a pretty good job with the accent, but they don't fit with all the other 'Irish' at the start. The show is also really disgusting. Minnie is a heroin addict, and she chugs cough syrup. They have 3 kids of various ages, and use them in their scams. The youngest boy is a cross dresser (like Izzard).

Izzard steals money from the head of their clan, who are the wife's family and they take off. There is a scene with racing RVS side by side on the road. The other RV runs a car off the road, and kills the people inside. The other RV takes off , but Izzard's family stop to help. The people in the car are dead, so they steal everything, and dump the car and the bodies in a swamp (they are in the south). The couple in the car were moving to a gated community in Florida. Thy bought the house on-line and nobody knows them. So Izzard's family go there and pretend to be them. Clash of cultures ensue, and the tension of trying to fit in and be someone else.

The whole thing is pretty sad and disgusting, and the humor is very muted. I thought it looked good on the adverts (they didn't show the disgusting stuff). I like Izzard's stand up so I was expecting it to be funnier. Probably won't watch it again.

Recent shows I've been watching, or just finished watching this year or last...

SF/Fantasy:
    Stargate - 9th season picked up with new life, 10th showed promise but just seemed to collapse on itself, and wasted Browder and Black. Still fun, but not what it could've been. Here's hoping the TV movie picks up the ball.
    Atlantis - Pretty much the same as Stargate. Good fun, but lacked direction badly this season.
    Heroes - Pretty good, and I'm enjoying it, considering 'super hero' type stories like this, don't normally do much for me.
    Dresden Files - Shows some promise, pretty good fun so far.
    Supernatural - Still mostly just good fun, but has raised the bar quite a bit since the 1st season. It's actually showing a bit of originality, or at least as much as it can given the type of show it is.
    Galactica - Watch mostly out of curiosity value. I never thought the mini-series was a great start anyway, but it's just gone downhill. Bad melodrama in space.
    Surface - Actually, pretty good. Was surprised by this. It really progressed each week, and made you look forward to finding out more about the mystery. The characters weren't bad either. Shame it got canned.
    Invasion - Just about kept me watching. Interesting enough, but went the way I knew Lost would (Which was why I gave up on Lost after the 1st 4 eps or so).
    Kyle XY - More of a teen show with a slight SF twist, but an interesting and fun time passer
    Primeval - Good solid fun. Nothing groundbreaking, but does the job of a satisfying hour of TV each week.
    Ghost Whisperer - Again, good fun, nothing groundbreaking, but does the job.

Semi-Serious drama -
    Bones - It's good to see something with characters that make you tune back in. Good as the CSIs and Law & Orders often are, on an episodic basis, they never make you think "Oooh, I wouldn't mind seeing what happens next week!"
    Have to admit, I've not had time for a lot of others this last year or so...

Comedy
    Desperate Housewives - Okay, I'll admit, it's a guilty pleasure. It shouldn't work. It should be mind-numbing stupidity, but somehow it works... ;-) Sometimes you just need a bit of light-hearted escapism.
    Ugly Betty - Same as above
    Scrubs - Good old-fashioned belly laughs
    Futurama repeats - Hey, it's Futurama, what more needs to be said?

Actually, I'm quite surprised by all that! Didn't think I watched that much TV! lol
    Last edited by Thulsadoom; April 3rd, 2007 at 10:58 AM.

Heroes
    The Amazing Race
    Bondi Rescue
    Cops
    The Ulitmate Donation
    Saturday AFL
    Neighbours
    Desperate Housewives -- Almost forgot that one!

Those are great shows, but most of them are Australian shows.