Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    I really loved the show Dexter. It's about a serial killer who hunts and kills other serial killers. Despite the subject matter, it's charmingly done, and since each season is base don a book, the story never stagnates or feels very episodic. And it dances between almost cheesy and almost disturbing in such a way that it's always interesting. I hear it's getting picked up for another season, which is good news to me.

I've enjoyed Lost, but I'll only watch it on DVD. Cliffhangers and long waits don't mix well with me. I tried keeping up with season 3, but after a couple episodes decided to wait until the set was released.

I really liked the first season of Carnivale a lot, but was mixed about season 2, then it was canceled with a nice fat cliffhanger left dangling at the end. Bummer.

Those were the last three that I was into.

I've discovered a new TV station in my area that plays classic television. It's an affiliate of Fox's MyNetworkTV network.

Since I've been watching it, I've been treated to some of my old favorites such as "Happy Days" (and its spin-offs), "Lost in Space", "Batman", "The Beverly Hillbillies", "The Twilight Zone" and "M*A*S*H".

I've also started to watch some shows that I've never had the opportunity to see or just didn't care for the first time around, such as "Bonanza", "Wild, Wild West" and a few others.

Tanks For The Memories... Wolf_'s Avatar
    Right, gotta do this in 7 minuites, forgive me for my dodgy writing.

I have just sat down and watched the first two episodes of Heroes on BBC2...and wished i'd taped it. seriously. it doesn't approach it with the same elements-its funny,and some bits (like Peter trying to fly by jumping off a roof of a building) are juSt awesome...and then they cut for part 2. Aww...

I don't watch any TV and don't have cable, etc. but I do watch old TV shows on DVD. I just finished watching the entire original "Outer Limits" series, which I loved. And I watch (and collect) the old "Dark Shadows" series- I have 18 volumes so far, which is 720 episodes! I was addicted to that show as a kid and I still love it to this day. My next old series to watch in their entirety are the original "Star Trek", "Twilight Zone", and "Tales of the Unexpected".

If you're a patient viewer who doesn't expect a payoff in every episode, there's nothing better than HBO's The Wire.

The first three seasons are on DVD. I'm not sure when season four comes out, or when season five will start.

I watched all the DVDs over a period of about two weeks, 2 or 3 episodes a day, and I'm re-watching now.

In one of the commentaries, David Simon says that the show is structured like a novel -- that's a good way to describe it. Standard TV shows are written to fit the TV medium. Writers structure them to make sure you don't flip the channel during a commercial break, and they'll end the hour with a cliffhanger to make sure you come back next week. They don't care about logic or realism, and the "good guys" always win.

The Wire doesn't do that. The story lines are developed as slowly as they need to be, to introduce you to the characters and reveal their motivations. So when something "happens", it feels natural, not scripted.

That might make it seem boring but it's not, especially if you're watching the DVDs and don't have to wait a week between episodes.

I'm also watching Mad Men on AMC, and I've been recording Burn Unit but haven't watched that one yet.

Currently the only genre show I watch with any regularity is Battlestar Galactica. It's brilliant and I can't wait for Razor!

^ Fay-lim. Ok, its Phill. Phellim's Avatar
    Nothing beats the Stargate series' (yep both SG1 and Atlantis, and there's a 3rd on the way).

I also watch a lot of sitcoms and Stand-up comedy too.

Life on Mars is a great show.
    Burn Notice is amusing.
    Drive was very good *shakes fist at FOX*

Prefers to be anomalous intensityxx's Avatar
    I was caught up in Traveler this summer, but it's cancelled already.

Tanks For The Memories... Wolf_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by intensityxx View Post
    I was caught up in Traveler this summer, but it's cancelled already.
    I know the frustration-i managed to catch a couple of episodes of Threshold some time ago. It was really good, but the Americans canned it after the first season.

Blog Entries
    Okay, shows I watch...
    Friends.
    Whose line is it anyway.
    Cape Wrath.
    Big Brother.
    The Simpsons.
    Spongebob.

I watch so much it's bad for me eyes - too much to list but was just wondering as I have fond memories er .. I think, of "Night Gallery" from back of way back when. Does anyone remember this show as the memory fades ... ? If so I'd be interested. Frank (CVL)
    Last edited by CVLewis; August 11th, 2007 at 11:49 AM.

sorry -duplicate post - CVL
    Last edited by CVLewis; August 11th, 2007 at 11:45 AM.

I think Rod Serling may have had a hand in it, maybe. CVL
    Last edited by CVLewis; August 11th, 2007 at 11:46 AM.

Old old TV series remembered

sorry - system failure - multiple same post - CVL (Frank)
    Last edited by CVLewis; August 11th, 2007 at 11:48 AM.