Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation There's a mistake in HOTS on page 33...***SPOILERS***

...A conversation between Jay, Finn and Rhiannon is being held and Rhiannon starts thinking about Nina and how long it would take to fly Roden back to her. But, during the conversation between the three, we suddenly get ''These are no' vows to be taken lightly' Nina said...! And then, 'Again, Nina seemed to struggle with herself before speaking'. Nina isn't there! Both of these references to Nina should be Finn!

I know, very picky but, if it was my book (and the concluding volume in a 9 part series) I guess I would have ensured it didn't go to print with an error like that...but then again, how would you pick it?

I'm suprised that the editor didn't catch it

Anyways, I'm up to page 99 after about an hour and a half of reading on the train and I am SO looking for ward to the rest!

Has anyone else ever found an error like this?

Elizabeth

Wink I've finished it!

What an excellent series What an excellent conclusion! Although, I feel so bad for Isulet, losing both of her daughters I was crying for her and so scared for her and then...

Anyway, anyone else managed to finish HOTS yet? I'd love to chat and discuss

Elizabeth

Smile The Heart of Stars

Hey!

I'm new to this site but i have read the heart of stars and i loved it. I love all the Eileanan books, especially the Rhiannon's Ride series. I was sooooooooo excited when this book came out that i finished it in two days, ive been waiting sooooooo long for it.

****SPOILERS!!!****

I loved how all the couples got together at the end!
    I was so happy that Lewen (Love Him) was free from the lovespell, and that he and Rhiannon can finally live happy and peacefully together (im such a hopeless romantic). Also I was happy with the way Bronwen acted, she was really good and i loved how she and Donncan got together, not letting anyone/anything get between them. And how Isabeu and Dide were getting married. They were my favourite characters throughtout all the books, but when i thought Dide was dead i was sooooooooo upset i was crying. I was so happy when he came back.
    Now Olwynne... eventhough I HATED!!! her because of the lovespell she put on Lewen i didnt want her to die. But i did want her to get punished. Anyway what can you do. i was happy that the spell finally got lifted.
    Also Owein and Felice were sooooooo cute together.

But i must say that i wish it was longer. I loved the book but i wish that there was more detail in the ending, like i hoped that we would be able to see Lewen and Rhiannon get married and to see Lilanthe and Niall again after all the detail about them in Tower of Ravens. Also I would have like to see Rhiannon meet her grandfather, Lord Farnell and also to see the reason why Hearne's brother Aiken MacAhern was displeased to hear about her.
    And (sorry i know im being picky) but I want to know what happen with Neil and his dad. Did Neil know about the attempted poisoning of Donncan or not, also if he didnt what happened to him now that Bronwen and Donncan are so happy and in love, will he go back and live with his dad?
    What do u think?

Anyway i think i've written enough for now (LOL more like an essay) but all in all i loved the book soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much and i hope that Kate writes many more set in Eileanan. Im just upset that it is over and i've got nothing good to look forward to, except my upcoming HSC exams, isnt that great!

Oh yeah, i did notice the mistake during the conversation between Jay, Finn and Rhiannon, i figured it must be a typo.

Bai
    Shorty

Wink A fellow finisher! :)

I finished it in just under 5 hours....I couldn't put it down! This is, by far, the BEST series of books I have ever read

Bronwen ended up being my favorite character over Isabeau for the way she stood up and took charge in HOTS. I loved that Lewen and Rhiannon could be together but it was a blow to loose Olwynne I almost hated her in 'The Shining City' for going against everything she believed in, all for the love of a man who was already in love and then denying any wrong doing I guess, in a way, it's karma for Olwynne isn't it? Harm none, do what you will but she harmed Lewen...compulsion is not accepted in Witch's circles

That was what I thought! What happened to the length? The details? What of Margarit now? What of Lewen and Rhiannion? I want to read about Isabeau and Dide's wedding!!!! And YES! Good question! Will Rhiannon ever meet her grandfather????

I am hoping Neil didn't know about the attempted poisioning but it is so hard to know! I WANT MORE!

Do you think if we post enough posts here, Kate might start working on another few books for the series???

Elizabeth

:d

finished this book in 4-5 hours. (time just flew, cant quite remember exactly how long)
    **SPOILER**
    yeah i noticed the mistake, i had to re-read the page 3 times untill i realised what the hell was going on!

was it just me or did the Brann problem seem to be solved fairly quickly? it was just over like that (snaps fingers), jeez i was tortured waiting the two weeks for them to get back though!! but it was good that it was over quickly..i also freaked out thinking that Dide was going to act funny towards Beau forever!

I wasnt effected really by either Lachlan or Olwynne's death, they both(like the bran resolution) just happened and it was over. (lachlan was my fave male character from WoE so this is really strange, normally i bawl my eyes out over dead characters)

Bronny was so awesome. she really pissed me off in The Shining City, but made up for her behaviour is HoS.

Owein and Felice, i went all giddy over these two, theyre just so gorgeous together.

I didnt really know what to think of the last scene with goblin and the rat.

FINN's PREGNANT! jeez the kid's gonna be powerful!

OKAY i think there is more than enough storylines for Kate to write at least another trilogy.
    theres how Donncan and Bronny do as joint rulers.
    the whole Neil situation didnt really seem all that resolved either.
    Rhiannon and Lewen and the whole Fettercairn castle thingy. and also her grandfather!
    and well..theres probably more that i have forgotten and she could make up some brilliant ones as well!

the story cant end here, it just cant!

YES! Way too quick :(

I agree wholeheartedly. I was really looking forward to this book being a nice, long one to round off everything from the 8 previous books but I found myself disappointed when I finished it because everything seemed to 'wrap up in a neat little package' all too soon

YEAH! The whole Dide thing threw me. I was crying when they made the decision and then when they actually 'did' it but then, his reactions to Beau made me angry! It's like, you offered to do it!

When I read that Lachlan died, I had to re-read it. I was SO not expecting it! Olwynne got no sympathy from me. I cried but more for Isulet's loss...it's a karma thing and she should have known better!

Bronwyn was a hard character for me to like but I found myself cheering for her in HOTS Definately my fav from the series now

Owien and Felice - how perfect They simply are just too cute together

! I really hope Kate writes the story of Finn and Jay and the birth of their baby. I think she could even write the whole next series around how powerful this child is and, in essence, they could become the next Isabeau!

I AGREE! If Kate writes no more, I say we continue it. No profit to be made mind you ... just a chance to take our favorite characters and 'play' with them to our own means

ive emailed kate and yeah shes writing more. she said Jay and Finn's kid interested her.

*does happy dance*

Thumbs up ,,, ,,, ,,,

How exciting! *jumps up and down like a little girl*

... ... there are no words!

More!

YAY!

yeah thats exactly how i feel...
    AAHHH

Talking I wonder...

...a boy??? A girl???

Names???!

Oh, it's all too much! Here I was thinking that I had very unfortunately finished the series and we're getting more!

I wonder how long we'll have to wait... ... ... ...

i wouldnt expect the book to come out too soon. shes just been through a hard slog getting the Rhiannon trilogy out and probably wants a break.
    but later is better than never.

Omg!!

Hey

OMG i cant believe she is writing more books!!!!!!!!
    I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!!!!

I knew that the series couldn't end there.
    I just hope we wont have to wait too long, but it will probably be a while. like u said better later than never.

Thumbs up I am still hyper about it all! :)

I know! WAY better late than never

And how good is Kate to be so accomodating of her obsessive fans

Hahaha im all hyper as well.
    i was shocked and thrilled at how fast Kate's reply to my email was. From other writers i normally dont get one back for months!

We Love You Kate!