Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Questions for William Horwood?

We have the chance to ask questions to author William Horwood, author of the Duncton Wood stories.

Famous and treasured for the 1980’s classic bestsellers, The Duncton Wood novels, about a civilisation of warring moles, William’s work sparked a multitude of anthropomorphic spin-off tales and earned him a devoted fanbase.

Sixteen years after the sixth and final Duncton book was published, with a memoir, a historical thriller and a host of sequels to The Wind in the Willows under his belt, William introduces us to his new Fantasy series: the world of the ‘hydden’: the little people existing on the borders of our world. The journey begins with Spring and an epic journey undertaken by two brave and captivating young heroes, who must cross into the Hyddenworld to save both worlds from environmental destruction.

Hyddenworld: Spring is the first of four books, to be published annually from 2010.

The publishers have said they'd be sure to include a mention of where and who questions have come from and would be very happy to share video content.

Thought you might be interested! Any questions, please add below by midnight Sunday, GMT, please. I'll pass them on.

Mark
    Mark

Lord of the Wild Hunt Mithfânion's Avatar
    I'm interested in the new book, due in February.

What I'd ask is for more information about the Hydden. Can he let out something more about what they are? Are they like gnomes, or Elves/Fairies?

Maybe he could talk about what the book and series will be about?

Finally, I'd like to know if he knows when or if some of his backlist will be in print again. Books like The Wolves of Time, Stonor Eagles, Callanish, Skallagrigg, they are all of them out of print now, does that look to change?

Inter spem metumque iacto Julian's Avatar
    There seems to have been a negative reaction from some Christians with regard to The Wolves of Time. Why was that? What are your views on religion in general and your views on Christianity in particular? To what extent do these views play a part in your writing?
    Last edited by Julian; November 18th, 2009 at 03:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, gents.

Mith: The questions about the new book I'm sure will be addressed in the usual manner: publisher's press release, website, etc so they may already be answered or be there already. I'm also not entirely sure if they're all out of print here in the UK, though I'm clearly out of touch myself! It might be worth bearing in mind that the questions are from the UK publisher, so I suspect questions will be from that angle.

and

Julian: we'll give them a try, but it's my experience that unless you know the author fairly well (or he/she knows the website) those sort of questions aren't usually answered. They're often a tad too personal!

But we can try.

Have passed them all on for starters.

Mark
    Last edited by Hobbit; November 18th, 2009 at 05:56 PM.
    Mark

Inter spem metumque iacto Julian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Thanks, gents.

Julian: we'll give them a try, but it's my experience that unless you know the author fairly well (or he/she knows the website) those sort of questions aren't usually answered. They're often a tad too personal!

Mark
    For what it's worth: my questions were based upon some curious Internet comments I couldn't make a tail of. I think Horwood might wish to place them at rest. If he doesn't, well, that's fine too. Certainly nothing he might wish to dodge, though...

Blog Entries
    Thanks Julian: I've passed them on, so we'll see. As you say, he might want to clear them up!

Mark
    Mark

Blog Entries
    That's our lot, then. Thanks for those: I'll let you know if there are any developments.

Thread closed!

Mark
    Mark