Smile In search of a new series to read

Hello! I just finished the 4 "Codex of Alera" books by Jim Butcher and very much enjoyed them, but since the rest of the series isn't published yet, I need something new to read. I absolutely loved "The Sword of Truth" Series by Terry Goodkind and "The Wheel of Time" Series by Robert Jordan (I'm anxiously awaiting the last installment), and I was hoping someone could recommend something similar.
    I like books that keep a good pace (lots of action, intrigue and character building), and I am a sucker for the "Ordinary guy/girl becomes a Hero of Legend" plot line. Length is of no importance but I don't want to start another series that isn't fully published yet.
    If anyone knows of a single book(s) and/or a series(s) that I might like, please let me know. Thanks!

I haven't yet read it yet, but I heard Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson is excellent. I know Elantris is great. Since you're waiting for the final installment of WoT, you should definitely read something else by Brandon Sanderson since he will be writing it.

British Columbia, Canada / Clear Water, Florida
    I also love the Goodkind and Jordan series, so I would highly recommend the Shannara series, The Symphony of Ages or the Death Gate Cycle (really good).

Also can't go wrong with a classic like Dragonlance Chronicles/Legends.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    "Book of Words" Trilogy by J V Jones
    "Dragon Star" and "Dragon Prince" trilogies by Melanie Rawn
    "This thread will be closed" by Moderator
    "The Belgarad" by Eddings

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRaeh View Post
    Hello! I just finished the 4 "Codex of Alera" books by Jim Butcher and very much enjoyed them, but since the rest of the series isn't published yet, I need something new to read. I absolutely loved "The Sword of Truth" Series by Terry Goodkind and "The Wheel of Time" Series by Robert Jordan (I'm anxiously awaiting the last installment), and I was hoping someone could recommend something similar.
    I like books that keep a good pace (lots of action, intrigue and character building), and I am a sucker for the "Ordinary guy/girl becomes a Hero of Legend" plot line. Length is of no importance but I don't want to start another series that isn't fully published yet.
    If anyone knows of a single book(s) and/or a series(s) that I might like, please let me know. Thanks!
    It is YA, but a great series not yet finished is the Erec Rex books. full of fantasy and book 1&2 are out, 3 is out in june and 8 slotted for the series!

http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Blog Entries

series

Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks
    First Law series by Joe Ambercrombie
    Prince of Nothing Series by R. Scott Bakker

they are on my kindle and have yet to get to it but apparently
    George RR Martin and Steven Erikson's series are also very good. I really want to read them but keep finding something else to read.

Hi HeatherRaeh

First: Welcome to SFFWorld! I hope your stay here is long and enjoyable and you find many books to read and discuss here!

Second, We have quite a few recommendation threads in the forums (many of which can be found on the first few pages), so I'm closing this particular thread. We get anywhere from 2-4 or these new recommendation threads per day.

Here are some of those threads the first few specifically about series:

Looking to start new series
    Need help picking new fantasy series to read
    **looking For Fantasy Trilogies**
    Hopefully putting this in the right place (looking for a new series to read)

my next series to read
    Fantasy series
    Rate fantasy series you've read out of 10

Here are some other threads which might just point you in the right direction, too:
    The New and Improved Recommendation - Fantasy / Horror

Next 10 books on your 'to-read pile'?
    SFFWorld's Favorite/Favourite 2008 book is...
    Looking for something new
    Looking for something 'magical'.
    Sword, Sorcery, Likes, Dislikes and Recommendations
    Just started in Epic Fantasy - What to read?

Book that just blew your mind....

Looking forward to 2009

Also, our monthly tally threads are great threads to find new books and to see what other members are reading: Reading in March 2009 and April 2009
    Last edited by Rob B; April 14th, 2009 at 11:45 AM.