New Jordan Interview on Forbes Website

This story is actually pretty impressive.

Interesting things to note: Tor Books plans to release A Memory of Light in 2009. Tor have discussed with Jordan what will happen if he doesn't make it. The current plan is indeed to have Harriet finish the book and Jordan is making detailed notes in case of that eventuality. However, he is confident he'll be around to do it himself.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whatever you think about his writing, Jordan deserves credit and applause for dealing with his current difficulties with such courage and dignity.

Can write for 2 hours a day at most...... but still writing. The man's a marvel.

Hobbit
    Mark

Blog Entries
    May he get his wish!!!!!

Bit of a rough interview. Makes all Jordan fans look like dumb fools who have no lives. Chances are, Jordan will finish it. It is interesting to see he is actually taking steps to allow someone else to finish it, though I shudder at the posibility of that happening. Oh well, just have to wait until 2008/2009 for the book I guess.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Bit of a rough interview. Makes all Jordan fans look like dumb fools who have no lives.

I must of missed part of the interview cause I can't see how you got that impression .

"I'm not prepared to concede that that's going to happen," Doherty says. "I'm working on the belief that he's going to beat this thing. Who else can tell this story?"

Is that the end or is there more?

I agree. It makes Jordan look like he's got some dedicated fans, but to be honest they sound rather mild compared to Pratchett or Rowling's.

Interesting note on the sales figures: WoT has sold 15 million copies in North America, but a lot more in the rest of the world. Worldwide sales for the series I believe are around 30-35 million, making Jordan the biggest-selling living fantasy author behind only Rowling and Pratchett (and King, if you count King as fantasy).

And yep, that's the end of the interview.

I want to be a princess sic's mom's Avatar
    I didn't realized there was only one more book in the series. Well when and if it does come out I will have to get them all again and reread the series. If for no other reason than to pay homage to a man that truly deserves it. Some of us may complain that the series has gone on way to long, and gotten bogged down in rediculous matters, but in the end how many of us could do it better? I know I couldn't, that is why I read so much I believe. I would love to do what these people do. That is why I have so much respect for them. And for Jordan to keep doing what he can, while he is dealing with this illness I will definately give him a huge high five

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Whatever you think about his writing, Jordan deserves credit and applause for dealing with his current difficulties with such courage and dignity.
    Hobbit
    And humor. I've been keeping up with his blog on Dragonmount and he often makes me laugh. I don't know that I could maintain that attitude in his situation. I am awed.