Thread: just to say...

Hybrid View

just to say...

I finally have got a chance to pop in here and say it - i read all the books of witches of Eileanan and Rhiannon's ride and found them absolutely BRILLIANT! Everyone must read them - the ending of Rhiannon's ride series was very interesting and also quite surprising. Just to sum it all up - I loved it and shall be re-reading it again and again when I have time to break from my studies
    We need more good books like this (hint to Kate )

I read the entire Eileanan series (though not the Rhiannon sereis) a few years ago and I must say it was average, cliched and boring for long stretches. Back when I read these books I had a lot of extra time on my hands and could afford to finish average books/series in the hope that they would get better, or just because I felt invested. I don't have that time any longer and if I started this series today, I would never finish the first book.

If you have ever read a story in which it felt like the author was more interested in living vicariously through his/her characters, than in telling a compelling story, then you have a good idea how reading this series feels.

Well, Godmage - each to their own. I don't close my mind to any books even though there are ones that I like more. I like the Eileanan series - that was exactly what I needed at the time when I was reading it. Right now I'm onto the Discworld series and find it brilliant, you know it really does depend on your mood, state of mind and current situation I suppose... well that's how it is for me anyway.
    After all as R. W. Emerson once said :" 'Tis the good reader that makes the good book "
    Anyway I hope you have a good book to read currently.