Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's the best thing you can experience when you read.

But Wassner, what do you write about?

GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar
    That's a very very broad question. Could you narrow your interests down a bit for me so that I can answer meaningfully?

I guess that you write fantasy or sf. But do you write about heroes in shining armor, small furry people with crossbows, assasins or spaceships travelling the space between the stars. Or are you like Lovecraft, a lonely fellow who writes about mighty unholy creatures in the dark waiting sleeping...

Or do you write anything based on something like games.

My favorite is when someone experience an adventure in our world with another world beside that one (don't know if that was understandable)
    like The Talisman by King.

I don't know if that will help you though...

I guess you could say that I write High Fantasy. But that doesn't really describe what I do. No, there are no spaceships, no aliens, and no parallel worlds.

I write about meaning, crises of faith, life and choice, our place in the world and our relationship to it. But the books aren't really that heavy. The story drives the themes and the characters drive the story. There are monsters and battles, heroes and villians (though you may not be able to tell for certain who is who all the time) and magic, beautiful magic, inspired by the earth and very dark magic inspired by emptiness and nihilism.

You can certainly read some reviews by critics and readers on the thread here, 'So I finished the book the other day....' or follow the link below to a very recent one that really captures much of what I'm doing.

http://wormsscifi.com/haven/viewtopic.php?t=2786

Hope this helps somewhat.

I read the review on The Twins and it sounded good. I think that I could buy and read it.
    But then I checked it out on Swedens biggest sf and f bookstore and got nothing on your name or the books.
    But I'm sure that the books are good.

I don't have a European or Scandinavian distributor at the moment. Soon....

You can buy it on Amazon UK, FR Germany etc. or directly from my publisher at a discount.

thanks.

Teenage Nietzscheist GreyMantle's Avatar
    I used to (and sometimes still do) pick books almost out of random.
    Now, most of my reading list comes here, or other websites.
    If something sounds interesting, or has a "gimmick" of sorts (Vellum's nonlinear storytelling style, etc.) then I'm happy to try just about everything.

If you're truly a Nietzscheist then we have much in common. I was a Nietzsche scholar years back, wrote my Master's Thesis on the Will to Power and taught ethics at the University. He's one of my greatest inspirations.