Thread: What Program?

Hybrid View

What Program?

I was wondering what program everyone uses when writing on the computer? WordPad, NotePad, Microsoft Word or something else. Just curious, I know its a personal choice, so not everyone uses the same program.

Abiword - I can put it on a thumb drive and take it anywhere, plus the price is right.

I use Word, mostly for easy compatibility with whatever machine I might likely to need to open a file on (or to send a file to someone else), but not for any particular feature of Word itself.

I might add that there is a free add on to Word that I personally find extremely useful, called WordWeb. It is a combined dictionary and thesarus that is far better than the built-in stuff in Word. There is a free version and Pro version; I use the free version. It sits as a tool bar button inside Word and is dirt-simple to use; I probably use it every day.

Word is also what most people who accept electronic manuscripts want, either as a .doc or .rtf, and its something of the industry standard. It's also very easy to use.

Word for text, photoshop for everything else. And of course, I use the old school dictionary and thesaurus.

when you say word, are talking Microsoft Word or Wordpad?

Microsoft Word. The only thing I use WordPad for is for formatted text files (used a lot in the 3D programs I do my art with).

I use OpenOffice. Mainly it's because I don't want to buy anything, and openoffice can save in pretty much any format, Word included. I like its style too, while Word always kind of irritated me...though I couldn't really pinpoint why if you asked.