Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Conspiracy Theories

To go waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy away from the Fantasy/scifi talk. I'm getting sick of all the Tolkien Vs Jordan, Tolkien Vs Martin, Tolkien Vs everyone talks. So i've decided to talk about another favourite subject of mine; conspiracies. I won't say anything yet until someone shows any interest.
    so what are your favourite Theories? (if you have any)

Cadfael
    That the Holy Grail was actually Mary Magdelene, and the holy blood she carried was either her unborn child fathered by Jesus, or a son about 9 months old. She was accompanied by Joseph of Aramathea

They settled in France, at the Renne la Chatue, and this was the real reason behind the Pope giving the order to wipe out the Cathar's. The last thing he wanted was proof that Jesus was a normal man, with normal desires. It was a decendent of this boy who sat on the throne of Jerusalem after one of the crusades.

A servant of Lord Arioch FitzChivalry's Avatar
    Gabriel Knight 3 is one of my favorite games ever.

Cadfael
    The theory I posted about above was first proposed by Michael Benguat, in his book The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, I do not take theory's from video games!!!!

A servant of Lord Arioch FitzChivalry's Avatar
    Heh, geez man, relax.

Go play some Gabriel Knight 3, great historical and paranormal mystery.

Being american I have always been swamped by the JFK assassination theories. That whole thing has been over analyzed, important though it was. Too many theories on it. I've got three books with three different perceptions of what happened that day, and I can go down to the library and find twenty or thirty more in about ten minutes.

My favorite con theory comes from Dr. kary Mullis, the 1993 Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry. After inventing PCR, he became something of a scientific celebrity (you all should really read his autobiography "Dancing Naked in the Mind Field"...it's smart and funny as hell).
    After being asked to study up on the AIDS virus in order to do talks, Mullis came to the conclusion that the supposed link between HIV and AIDS has never been proven.
    Mullis, who obviously doesn't want to be shot for this observation, veils his reasons why pretty well, but it's clear he thinks the whole thing is designed to make the public feel more at ease, and, far more importantly, to make the Drug Companies a whole LOT of money.

Mullis isn't alone in this belief, and if you surf the internet for awhile you'll find all sorts of groups that feel the same way about this subject.

I'll tell you what, if they are right, we're in trouble. But as it stands, it's only a conspiracy theory right now.

Ok the fake Lunar landing.
    a lot of people seem to really dislike me bringing this up. But i feel there is a helluva lot of evidence saying that the 1969 lunar landing took place in a movie studio instead of on the moon. I'm not saying that we have never gone to the moon i'm just saying that america fake the first one because of the pressure put on them by their people.

Oh boy...

Metosblat has a point though. Who filmed Armstrong's first steps? The Eagle was clearly in the picture, but if Armstrong was the first to walk on the moon then who set up the camera?

Some have said there was a seperate vehicle that landed that had the camera on it, but I have never seen any documentation or discussions on this other "craft"

Just throwing out some info to chew on

Cadfael
    FitzChivaly... I'm relaxed man

Baldur's Gate 1&2 blows Gabriel Knight 3 out of the water (BOOM)

Drewids... I think the camera was on a robotic arm, which was then extended to show PART of the Eagle landing craft, very mundane I'm afraid

[This message has been edited by dennizm (edited January 17, 2001).]

Dennizm--you should try Icewind Dale, much better than Baldur's Gate. Haven't tried BG2 yet, though.

Another conspiracy theory is that Robert Jordan and Terry Goodkind are the same writer, Stephen King's wife actually wrote some of his books.

Also that Doctor's DO have a cure for cancer, they just have not realesed it yet because TOO MANY doctors, hospitals and health clinics would be out of business.

Cadfael
    I can certainly agree with the Stephen/Tabatha King theory, have you ever read Wolves at the Door, by Mrs King? This lady has one sick mind, her book is more chilling than any of her husbands, so maybe his more chilling books are by her...hmmm.

Jordan/Goodkind... nah Jordan could never write as good as Goodkind (whoops!)

I have played Icwind Dale, and completed it! Brilliant! Can't wait for the expansion... Heart of Winter... err maybe theres a conspriracy... If I have the Heart of Winter in my hand, I am thus holding Winter's Heart

Here we go
    JORDAN RULES! GOODKIND DROOLS!

With SK, rumors were to that effect when Gerald's Game was published. (Great book, btw)

Have you read the Icewind Dale trilogy?

Cadfael
    Yea... Dritz rocks! (ohh for chrisake, shut up Den!).

And the Dark Elf Trilogy, I have only read Legacy of the other Dritz Books.

Intresting about Gerald's Game, this book freeked me in the manner she gets out of the handcuffs, it took me a day to read that chapter, I kept having to go out for fresh air. So maybe she did write it, I also felt a little green around the gills reading Wolves at the Door, like I say... she is a twisted lady!

Ooh conspiracy theories! How Mulderesque Von Danichen's theory that human life was 'seeded' by alien life forms tickles my neurons *g* Not that I entirely subscribe to his theory - but its food for thought.

Another of my favorite conspiracy theories is that every word typed to the internet whether it be through email, webforums, webpagers is being filtered through a u.s. government agency. Let's give it a try! *mischievous grin* : BOMB, U.S. EXPLODE jihad