Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Giarc,
    Where would I find that book? In a book store, or would I have to send away for it like a text book?

Evolution may very well be expanded or elaborated upon as time goes by, or something might come along to add depth and greater insight into why organisims evolve. Or someday someone may conceivably figure out how the universe originated. Be that as it may, evolution is far from a conspiracy, and has many proofs to its legitimacy-both scientific and obvious.

The real question is there unity in the universe? And why or how? Is there a supreme being (uh oh, controversial topic)? And if not, then how did space or the first particle originate? Even a big bang or similiar theory doesn't adaquately explain that.

A servant of Lord Arioch FitzChivalry's Avatar
    Well, i think most people here aren't saying that the big bang or evolution were made by conspiracy, it's the title of the thread but we went a little off topic.

Eventine, the problem with the density of the universe is that the mass of all matter in the universe right now isn't right given the speed that the universe expands right now (which made scientists invent the concpet of black matter, that sounds pretty much like the greeks inventing Zeus to me..).
    yeah, it has more effect on the big crunch, because with this amount of matter in the universe right now it doesn't seem there will be a big crunch, but this density also doesn't work out with the some of the most accepted models of the big bang that say that the original matter had to have critical density in order to "explode" and make the big bang.

Pluvios, scientists kinda deflect the question of "who made that first matter that later exploded into the big bang?" by saying that before the big bang there was no concept of time, so there is nothing "before" that becasue there is no "before".
    Sounds a little evasive, especially when all we really know is that the physical laws as we know them collapse in a singularity like the pre-big bang one and we have no idea if there was or wasn't time there. But it's your choice if to accept that or not.

If you want to read a really great book that deals with the whole Faith of Religion vs. the Faith in Science thing, check out Contact by Carl Sagan. It was his only novel, and was made into a Hollywood movie a few years ago. The movie was not bad, but there was alot more depth in the novel. I haven't read any of his non-fiction stuff, however.

I don't think that evotution is a conspiracy but I know of a little conspiracy against evolution.
    Teilhard de Jardin, a famous Jesuit and philosopher was working as an archeologist on the field as well. One day when they were digging for prehistoric human remains to prove the evolutionist theory, he secretly buried the skull of a modern human in the old soil. This skull was discovered the next day and for quite a while was taken as proof that modern man already existed before his "apely" ancestors. Teilhard de Jardin confessed to this only quite later when there already was a heated arguement evolving over this finding.
    Later Jardin himself developed some kind of evolutionary theory. There even was a ban on his writings by the pope to which he obediently observed till he died.

"Come the millennium, month 12. In the home of greatest power, the village idiot will come forth to be acclaimed the leader." -- Nostradamus

I found this and at first I thought it was incredibly funny. But then I relised that if nostradamus was right about George W Bush he could be right about the world ending soon. LOL, this quote made my day. hehehehe

Metosblast,
    Where did you find that quote? I would like to have a printed list of some of his quotes just for fun. Do you know a good place to find them?

Metosblat:

That is probably the best thing I have read in relation to George W. Nice.

Cadfael
    Charles... try:
    http://www.dreamscape.com/morgana/titan.htm

but that is only one site out of hundreds on the subject.

Soapies never killed anyone, pope's did.
    Pope pius 11 was an anti-semite and funded Hitler in World War 2. If you want to find the highest density of Hypocrisy in the world go and visit the vatican.
    If you want proof of this go and borrow out a biography of Micheangelo.

A servant of Lord Arioch FitzChivalry's Avatar
    Oh yeah, the catholic church is probably responsible to the largest number of deaths in history... persecutions, crusades.. not to mention that they were corrupted and took money from poor peasants that had almost nothing to eat anyway for a ticket to heaven...

I've no doubt about that whatsoever.
    Organised religion and hypocracy go hand in hand. And as for the vatican oh, sure, they've done nasty s..t in their time- no doubt, no argument there I just want you to condemn the atrocities of Home & Away.

By the way, and I tried sending this yesterday but nothing came of it-
    Anyone with an unhealthy obsession with JFK theories (and there's an entire nation of them- he was their pres once) And if Mr. Ollie Stone's backandtotheleft-ness wasn't enough to satisfy your ravenous desire to be completly bamboozled by multi-facted plots then may I suggest "American Tabloid"- by James Ellroy, he of LA Confidential fame. A damn good read, if a tad confusing at times.
    - Still however, I reckon Red Dwarf had the definitive JFK theory.

Yeah the Catholic Church, the Vatican only a couple of years ago exonerated Galileo and actually acknowledged his astronimical findings as truthful and non-heretic.

I'd love to be ex-communicated, for the status- means people care about my opinions. org religion's no fun, you can't have any fun- why go to church on sunday when you can stay home and watch the Formula 1 racing?

I really wonder....
    a) What has pope pius II to do with a biography of Michelangelo?
    b) Why is everyone treading on the pope and the vatican?
    Surly noone of you is in danger of beeing excomunicated of this goodnatured old man? Has the catholic done any killings lately let's say ... over the past two hundred years? Which was the latest war the vatican fought? Is there a large amount of bombs, biological weapeons or a bunch of terrorists?
    Do you think the suiss guard a menace?
    If you take any government of the world with a history of two thousand years - I don't there is one - its history wouldn't be less bloody than the history of the church.
    Look at the religious fanatics of our time if you want to talk about religious conspiracies seriously.
    Why, this pope and vatican bashing is just tedious .... plus offending religious feelings of some people.