Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Caine Black Knife news

Just in case anyone here's not already heard this news...

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Excellent news, I've just finished reading Blade of Tyshalle again and a new Caine tale on the horizon is music to the ears. Hopefully the structural difficulties can be sorted out as quickly as possible without sacrificing Matt's vision for the book and we'll be back on Overworld before next christmas (crossing of fingers)

Yeeeeeee-ha!!!!!

Inching towards daylight...

clucky1
    At long last!

Wonderful news. Matt sent me an e-mail today, mentioned something about Caine in something called 'CBK' -- so I googled up stover and caine hoping to find news of a new book, and instead found his Wikipedia entry. Which led me to his blog. Which led me here ...

I've read Heroes Die maybe ten times. I've read Blade of Tyshalle 4 or 5. This puts Heroes Die in a category with less than 10 other books in my entire life -- "Lonesome Dove," by Larry McMurtry. "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress," Heinlein. "The Perfect Thief," by Ronald J. Bass and "Confess, Fletch" by Gregory MacDonald and "The Green Ripper" by John D. And Terry Pratchett's Sam Vimes novels ...

About damn time there was something new.

Spoiler Alert!!

caine black knife?! thats....thats insane! wasn't black knife the clan of the ogre that carried caine around in the dungeon in the second book? and also the clan of the ogre he killed preceding heroes die? Did caine do the dirty with an ogre, and this is about his bastard son? Isn't caine now like invincible anyways? Wait a second... is this a prequel? I'm so confused...with so many questions...Anyone got any spoilers? Maybe a synopsis?

Quote Originally Posted by fk1523 View Post
    caine black knife?! thats....thats insane! wasn't black knife the clan of the ogre that carried caine around in the dungeon in the second book? and also the clan of the ogre he killed preceding heroes die? Did caine do the dirty with an ogre, and this is about his bastard son? Isn't caine now like invincible anyways? Wait a second... is this a prequel? I'm so confused...with so many questions...Anyone got any spoilers? Maybe a synopsis?
    In Blade of Tyshalle, Caine made a deal with the ogre and became a black knife as part of it to redeem the destruction of the clan (and shame inflicted with it) with his fame.

9 months since the draft of CAINE BLACK KNIFE was dilivered! Why is it not out yet?

Direct all inquiries to Chris Schleup c/o Ballantine Books. He's my editor.

Last I heard, we're looking at summer '08.

Lord of the Wild Hunt Mithfânion's Avatar
    There is now an actual release date, October 14.

http://www.amazon.com/Caine-Black-Ma...1814305&sr=1-1

Out of Print Blues

Quote Originally Posted by FatSam View Post
    "The Perfect Thief," by Ronald J. Bass
    Hey Sam, thanks for the post. I'm always interested to see other's "must read" lists. Most of these were familiar to me, save The Perfect Thief. I'm interested in reading it, but wow..this book is pretty difficult to find. Shooting in the dark here, but you wouldn't know any place I could go to purchase this book?

Guess what arrived in my mailbox on Friday:

Blog Entries
    Rob, I am horribly jealous of you and I'm looking forward to reading your review.

Read interesting books
    I finished this one and is the best fantasy novel of 2008 till now for me.

The power of the first two Caine novels in a tight, well honed, no words wasted package.

Not for the squeamish since it's even more graphic than the first 2, it follows Caine's adventures in 2 threads, one in the past detailing his first famous adventure that made his name, second in the present picking up some pieces of that original 25 years ago adventure.