Thread: A question.

Hybrid View

A question.

Right. Is it just me who has this problem?

I have a very vague storyish idea thing that's been around for about 2 years now. Fine, that's not the problem. However, now when i pick up a new book, whether in a library or shop i want it to be MY story.

Now i seem incapable of really reading anything because i want it to be something else. MY something else.

Is it just me who has this problem and how do i end it?

Probably by actually writing the story. Lol

It sounds like you're searching on the outside for something within. We all do that from time to time. Perhaps the answer is to start writing your story.

I second that. Were it nearing November, I'd suggest you try NaNoWriMo. But really, write your story. It really does make the feeling go away.

Thanks, both of you. i suppose i already knew that was the answer but just wanted someone else to tell me so.

Actually, it's not a problem for me per sei, but it does happen. Usually I'll walk in a library and, even though I won't read them, I'll pick up a sci-fi or a fantasy novel and flip through the pages, stop on one, and read it a little. I just stop and think, "These could be my words, my picture..." and it usually motivates me, inspires me, or gives me material to work with. The only trouble is that, after that, I have to write it; the trouble being that I usually don't end up doing that. I wonder if anyone can help me with THAT problem. Unfortunately, the idea is that I have to solve it myself, so I don't expect an answer!

Actually, I have the opposite problem.

"Damn! I wish I had thought of that."

Or worse:

"Oh no! That's my idea! And better than I could ever manage."