The Keep - Will it EVER appear on Blu-ray/DVD?

The Keep, the 1983 horror from Micheal Mann and based upon F.Paul Wilson's novel is one of my favourite horror movies. However, as everyone is no doubt aware it is currently unavailable on either Blu-ray or DVD. The only way to see here in the UK is to have a prehistoric VHS version, or like me, watch it when it fleetingly appears on the likes of Film4 or Sky Movies. I know Micheal Mann has virtually disowned the film, but is there still a SLIM chance that he would ever allow a version of it to ever appear on home entertainment. If there is any film out there deserving of a "directors cut", it is this one....

I had wondered why that was never officially released. We found it on Youtube a few years ago when we wanted to watch it and couldn't get a DVD.

Tasty or your money back! Moderator fluffy bunny's Avatar
    If you're looking for it, it's currently on the UK (but not US) version of netflix. I still prefer the book though

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffy bunny View Post
    If you're looking for it, it's currently on the UK (but not US) version of netflix. I still prefer the book though
    I spotted it on the US version of Netflix some 4 or 5 months ago. Interesting story and soundtrack but it got a bit silly at the end. Still worth a look though.