Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Need help remembering a Movie or TV show? Ask here.

Don't know the name but the theme is the usa in the future is run by an under ground goverment that keeps eveyone the same by handiecapping everyone so no one is better then anyone else. a rebel kid is recruted by the goverment to join them but he take control of the airwave and plays all kinds of cool music that was kept from the general public. he also gets the daughter of one of the leaders pregnet and she has her mind blanked out to forget. there son is born and it ends with him playing bootleg copies of the broadcast that him and his buddies listen to and they take off there handycap devices. the mom hears the music and she starts to cry because she hasn't forgot everything.

Hope that helps someone tell me the name of this moive.

Iron Horse

Earthman1
    This sounds like the old classic movie Wild in the Streets.

Is it the TV movie adaptation of Kurt Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron, starring Sean Astin?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Horse View Post
    Don't know the name but the theme is the usa in the future is run by an under ground goverment that keeps eveyone the same by handiecapping everyone so no one is better then anyone else. a rebel kid is recruted by the goverment to join them but he take control of the airwave and plays all kinds of cool music that was kept from the general public. he also gets the daughter of one of the leaders pregnet and she has her mind blanked out to forget. there son is born and it ends with him playing bootleg copies of the broadcast that him and his buddies listen to and they take off there handycap devices. the mom hears the music and she starts to cry because she hasn't forgot everything.

Hope that helps someone tell me the name of this moive.

Iron Horse
    No thats not it. There was no band and the goverment keeps everything very 1950's like, clothes, dress, houses.

Looking for moive

it takes place in the future but the goverment keeps everything very 1950's like. Houses, dress, styles. There was no band.
    Hope someone can help

Iron Horse

looking for moive

You got Banger Thanks
    How do you remeber that kind of stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Horse View Post
    You got Banger Thanks
    How do you remeber that kind of stuff?
    "Harrison Bergeron" is one of my favorite Kurt Vonnegut short stories

Question Need help remembering a Movie or TV show? Ask here.

I hope someone will recognize what my child says he saw as a child, he most likely saw this in the late 80's early 90's. Well here goes this is what he says the show/movie was about. "A girl kept hostage by some kind of witch that has a glass cabinet full of heads, she removes her head before going to bed. The girl can see her through a keyhole, and in this room where she is kept she finds a gold round ball that turns into a robot of some kind that she keeps going with a key in his back. She also makes a scarecrow come to life with something like magic dust? Ther scarecrow has a pumpkin head. At some point she escapes from the room and gets ahold of one of the heads and drops it, as it shatters on the floor all the other heads wake up and start screaming, which wakes the headless witch. This is all he remembers. I hope someone knows what this show/movie is, I am beginning to think he was having nightmares. Any help will be appreciated.

Sounds like the movie "Return to Oz".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_Oz

Sounds like Return to Oz

Talking Thank You So Much

You Are Awsome!! That Is What We Were Looking For. Thank You Again So Much. :d :d :d

I was one of the 50 or so people who actually saw the movie when it was in the theaters

British alien ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I was one of the 50 or so people who actually saw the movie when it was in the theaters
    Yes, my daughters enjoyed that film too and now wonder what it was. The little silver ball "ate" its way through an enormous quantity of food: through boxes of cereal, cans of beans.... A boy found it in a kitchen drawer, I believe, and followed it all over the place. The ball eventually found its way back to the mother alien ship. Anybody know anything about this story? Was it ever a book?

Gentleman and Scholar Wulfa_Jones's Avatar

Need help remembering a Movie or TV show? Ask here.

I think it was a Sci-Fi series or it may have been a TV movie... I think it also could be a B5 spin off, but don't quote me on that.

The only thing I can remember was the annoying weapon system that the ship had - it required a member of the crew (I know it was a women) to drop into the VR battle system that made it look like she was floating in space. She then had to use her arms and legs to kick and punch energy balls at the enemy space craft.

I seem to remember the program/film being ok other than this stupid system.

Sounds like the Babylon 5 TV movie 'Legend of the Rangers'. It was intended as a pilot for a potential Rangers TV show, but hardly anybody watched it (some say due to crap scheduling, which was certainly an issue) so nothing came of it.

Despite being a massive B5 fan (and thus I can forgive most of its flaws!) LotR is undeniably a very poor outing, with poor continuity, tired ideas and, as you say, some very silly and unnecessary sci-fi concepts.

The new B5 DVD 'short story' movies sound far more promising, especially given JMS' long break from the show and his current good writing form shown in his comics.