Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by punkinhead View Post
    There Is a movie I watched when I was younger and can't seem to remember the title to. It involves a blue horse that is made out of a type of fabric, and is surrounded in a world of sheets and pillows. Thats all I can remember but If you have any ideas feel free to help me out!
    Was it a blue camel? Sounds like Raggedy Ann & Andy: A Musical Adventure. It has blue camel and at one point in the movie he does look he surrounded in a world of sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by jabberwocky999 View Post
    Here's the basic plot: You have a smalltown girl who is dating the local football star. Most people .......
    Everything is figured out and everybody (except the football star) gets a happy ending in the end.
    Am I showing my age if I'm depressed someone can't recall a Pauly Shore movie?

No crack on JW meant... I'm just getting old.

Answer

Quote Originally Posted by neves49 View Post
    I'm trying to find a movie that I only saw the previews for. It was a comedy about a bunch of guys who decide to go to California to steal a copy of the new Star Wars movie. It looked really funny but I can't find it.
    Fanboys! Best movie ever!

It sounds like Monority Report, but that was Tom Cruise, not Dennis Quaid.

I can't remember much about this movie other than it was one of my favorites as a kid. If I recall the main character looks similar to the guy from King of the Kickboxers Loren Avadon.

The plot had a group of guys trying to complete an obstacle course that included I believe, ziplines, rope bridges, and other combatants. At one point the men are in a town filled with crazies that are armed with pitch forks and similar farm yard weapons. It seems the main character was getting ready for the course by doing gymnastic type exercises in the woods on parrallel bars. To mark the obstacles and to keep combatants on course, enemies were scattered throughout. Seems like they were dressed like kkk members but different colors and they held flags on sticks to mark the course. In the end the guys running the course turn on the main character and try to kill him. I apoligize for not having many facts but appreciate any help you have. Thanks in advance.

Nevermind I found it. It's called Gymkata and apparently is one of the worst films of all time.
    Last edited by RustyRenegade; September 21st, 2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Found it

Quote Originally Posted by RustyRenegade View Post
    I can't remember much about this movie other than it was one of my favorites......

Nevermind I found it. It's called Gymkata and apparently is one of the worst films of all time.
    dude, Kurt Thomas! the movie that was going to break him into Hollywood stardom! I must have watched this a dozen times when it came out on cable... yeah, we didn't have 300 channels back then, though. It's not surprising if it's ranked in the Gigli arena in critics minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocajnik View Post
    Maybe someone can help me.. A movie (possible a B movie) that I watched a long time ago where a tall evil creature of some sort is terrorizing a small town- set in some European country I seem to recall. Maybe something to do with a curse? I recall one scene where an older couple are in an old white farmhouse..can't recall if the creature just scares them or actually kills them. All I can remember. Not much to go on, I know.
    Sorry, this doesn't ring any bells to me, just thought i'd mention that it did remind me of The Unnamable, a 1988 film based on a H.P. Lovecraft story. The monster almost never shows up -- only its witish goat feet.

Hey guys, I need your help on something.
    My brother is trying to track down a TV series he watched in the 90's, something like 1992.
    There was a group of kids trying to track down tiny obelisks or something like that, and something with colors.
    He recalls it was something like eiffel towers, but he's really not sure.
    I'll try to get a bit more out of him but if someone gets it you're great, really.

A movie ticling the dark recesses of my memory

I have been dredging up the memory of a movie with the following scenario.

First, I think this movie came out in the 1970's - 1980's.

A guy and his wife drive into a town where the people are acting strange at night. Almost like they are being taken over /mind controlled and then used to help aliens repair their ship. The guy/husband, however is not able to be controlled (I think because he has a metal plate in his head or is on medication that prevents this from happening). He encounters a beautiful space alien (there has to be at least one of those).

Anyway at the end of the movie the guy tries to find the spaceship and cries out to the aliens to take him with them and in the end they do. Probably because the alien woman convinces them to take him because he has nothing left to keep him on Earth.

The only other thing I can bring as a possible clue is that the word "Night" is in the movie title. I think.

If I get anything else coming to the surface I will let you know.

TIA.

Found it! The name of the movie is "Night Slaves" (1970) with James Franciscus, Lee Grant, and Tisha Sterling (the beautiful space alien).
    Last edited by Starhawk; October 1st, 2010 at 03:53 PM.

Exclamation I need help finding this movie!!

I saw this movie back a few years ago...
    It was about a young married couple that go out to live in a cabin on a tiny little island in the woods just after they get married. I think they inherited the cabin or something, and they went out there to live because they thought it would be a fun little adventure.
    He eventually goes crazy (can't remember why... seclusion maybe?) and he takes it out on his young wife... tying her up to a post outside like a dog and starving her, beating her... whatever. I can't figure out what movie this was... AND ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!

There are so many horror movies done with "Cabin" in the title (or in the synopsis) that it's impossible to do an internet search.
    Not cabin by the lake, cabin in the woods, cabin fever...... and it's at least 5 yrs old.... if not older.

Someone please help me!

A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranzers View Post
    Hey guys, I need your help on something.
    My brother is trying to track down a TV series he watched in the 90's, something like 1992.
    There was a group of kids trying to track down tiny obelisks or something like that, and something with colors.
    He recalls it was something like eiffel towers, but he's really not sure.
    I'll try to get a bit more out of him but if someone gets it you're great, really.
    Depends where you are in the world.

Your time period is a bit late but otherwise it sounds a bit like one of the Chocky series. Certainly in one of them the children were hunting for the parts of Chocky's transmitter? or spaceship?

Childrens Fantasy Puppet show's from the 90s

Hello what I can remember of this is that it was set in a forest and there was a large Talking tree and forest creature puppets about the size of 5 year old children sort of looked like raccoons, I recaall huts aswell it was pretty good quality paraleling hensons stuff from what I recall though obviously not him as I would have found it already.

Also another show thats been bugging me is one with puppets again or humans in costumes, the theme was of space pirates but from what I recall they wore rather spacey lookin outfits but the ship was a pirate ship, and outer space was blue

Cheers

Kids show from back in the day...maybe time travel?

Ok here goes, been racking my brain for yeeaars on this one. It's a live-action show for kids that had several episodes.

The main theme was either "time travel" or "jumping between dimensions". I specifically remember VERY different scenery and scenarios at each place they went. It was a young guy, a girl, and 'maybe' an older guy/scientist. They were searching for these white pieces to bring back with them fit into this 'clock' (maybe) or device. Once they collected them all, something would happen. They would get one piece per episode.

I remember one episode they got trapped as pets in a large clear box only to realize they're some aliens' pets. The aliens keeping them got REAL mad when they came back one time and they were gone.

I also remember the girl would always say the boys first and last name whenever she referred to him, and one specific scene where he was hanging out of the "vehicle" they used to traverse the time and space.

PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by iamliz View Post
    this has been bugging me for awhile i saw it when i was younger. so it was probaly made in the '90's but meby in the '80's. i don't remember much but it was about some boy who, i think worked in a pizza shop,and somehow he traveled to the past, from a genie lamp i think.and he landed into some arabian place. i know there was this girl a princess meby. and that their was a flying carpet and something about a cave and some treasure. to get into it i think he said open sesame. at the end i think the cave collapsed i remember a lot of sand and rocks falling on it.

thanks, liz

p.s.it is not anime
    Uhhh, I mean besides the time travel part you pretty much spelled out Alladin, however, you said no anime, just a shot in the dark for ya.

You my good sir are looking for a this...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107961/

I remember looking for that same movie early in life. Real good, pretty songs in it.

I bet you never thought you'd get the answer 6 months later!