Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

another strange film from the 70's ?

This film was on TV at about the same time as 'slaughterhouse 5'
    I can only remember a couple of grisly scenes though I am sure it was a SF film :
    One scene cutting in throughout the film shows this guy lying in this hospital !!! bed but each time he wakes up he has had another perfectly good limb amputated ?
    Another scene shows a woman being interrigated by a military officer who is crunching on a chicken drumstick with a pair of pruning type shears and when the officer is unsatisfied by the womans answers he tells his collegues to hold out the womans fingers !!!

Does the film ring a bell with anyone ? whats it called ?

A great website for those of you trying to remember movies ...

Have you tried http://www.imdb.com? This movie lets you search by movie names, actor names, character names, and keywords.

And then it cross references all of those things.

Very very helpful site!

Christmas TV movie

Ok there is this old 80's (I think), made for TV movie that myself and my brothers used to see on television every year. I hve no idea what it is called I have tried endlessly to find out anything about it. Every time I have described it nobody has any idea what I'm talking about, I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help out. I'm sorry if the description sounds strange I only remember bits and peices of various scenes and it did have this weird old/psychedelic feel to it.

Ok so here it goes It starts off with this kid at night I beleive opening his presents early or something sneaky like that. In his haste he trips on something and has a dream. In this dream all of the other characters are ice skating and he is given this glowing christmas tree and told to bring it somewhere, allong the way he meets characters dressed as candy canes and elves and other christmas related objects. Along the way he also finds other ornaments like a candy cane, snowflake, etc. In the end his journey is all about finding out what christmas really means to him. I beleive at the end he wakes up and actually has these ornaments on him that he collected in his dream which he put on his christmas tree and the movie ends.

If anyone knows what this is I would really appreciate it. It seems that only me and my family remember it and it's really frustrating, cuz it's like it never really exsisted, but my brother remeber it too.

Thank you very much for any help.

J Stone

Okay, here's one I've been racking my brain about for about two weeks now. A few years ago, I went to see this movie with my dad. What I remember about it was that it was based on a Philip K. Dick novel and starred Dennis Quaid as the main character and he was on the run from the government because he had special powers or something like that. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Zsinj View Post
    Okay, here's one I've been racking my brain about for about two weeks now. A few years ago, I went to see this movie with my dad. What I remember about it was that it was based on a Philip K. Dick novel and starred Dennis Quaid as the main character and he was on the run from the government because he had special powers or something like that. Any help?

I think you mean Total Recall with Arnold Schwarzenegger..his characters name was Douglas Quaid.

Nope, I know about Total Recall

Nope, I know about Total Recall

hmm, I have no clue then =(

Dreamscape maybe?

Nope, according to IMDB, Dreamscape was made in '84. The movie I saw was like made about 5 years ago.

Help

My memory was jogged tonight into remembering sketchy details about horror film I watched maybe 15 or so years ago. I can't recall much about it except that it was about a boy who had nightmares that involved a sort-of-man-sized-cobra-thing that kept trying to get him while he slept. Anybody have any ideas?

er thats probablyl dreamscape

I think that could be the film dreamscape in which a guy has the ability to go into another persons dreams and alter them and is recruted by a secret government run project unfortunately the project also contains another 'nutter' guy dream manipiulator who is being controlled by guy who wants to use him to assasinate the President of the USA the nutter dream manipulator kills by changing his dream body into a huge cobra and attacking his victims in their dreams thus causing a heart attack in the sleeping victim.
    The good guy has to battle in the dream world the bad guy to stop him killing the president........

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsnelling View Post
    I think that could be the film dreamscape
    Haha, that's the one, thanks a lot! What a crazy little film - turns out you can even get a 'snakeman' model!

Nope, according to IMDB, Dreamscape was made in '84. The movie I saw was like made about 5 years ago.
    The movie you are thinking of is Innerspace

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innerspace

Quote Originally Posted by Gernsback View Post
    The movie you are thinking of is Innerspace

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innerspace
    Nope, that was made in '87.

I am trying to find a sci-fi movie that I saw as a kid (probably in the early 70's). I don't remember much about it just a few things:

Color
    1950-1960's
    Space travelers land on an alien planet
    The planet is covered with opaque tube-like vines hanging everyhwere.
    The crew hacks the "vines" with axes and they spew red/black jello-like goop.

Tha's all I can remember. Some of the movies that others have suggested which are not it are:

Planet of the Vampires
    Battle of the Worlds
    First Spaceship on Venus
    Planet of Storms

Thanks

hoping you can help name this movie it has been driving me crazy for years. This guy has a bow with a red crystal in the handle through which he shoots arrows. think it was from 1980s but not positive. thanks for any help it may just save my sanity.