Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

@nixx92

You know, I found this forum searching google for this very movie. Well, I think it was the same movie. Anyway, I had no luck with google so I searched imdb plot summaries for the word "bow". It was a lot of hits, but my memory's so foggy about the movie, I couldn't remember what other keywords to search for. I only had to go through 6 or 7 pages of results, though, before I came up with this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082027/combined

I registered here to report this for you, and I'd also like a second opinion, if this could be the right movie. Thanks.

still not sure if that is it or not. found a small clip and it was a tv show.

i cannot think of this movie!!! 80s or 90s

omg!! i used to watch this movie when i was little...90s and I cannot remember what it was called!! I know it has the song 'john jacob jingleheimer schmidt' in it and a lot of other song similar to that. it had this lady who lost her colored stripes and had to get them back with the help of two kids who lost their dog... i'll think of more stuff later but please help!!!!

Smile sci fi tv show shown in school in late 80's

I'm need help remembering a tv miniseries.

I'm guessing it was made by a educational type company.
    I also remember it was cut into several segments, I think around 10.

Here's what I remember about the show:

Group of people travel in space ship.

Inside the space ship is a library. They use the books to learn everything about the new places they discover.

In one particular episode, I remember the leader of the group picked up a watermelon, cut it open and started eating it. He reported to his people back in the ship that it was the best "nut" he'd every tasted.

I promise, this is real. There is now way my mind made up an entire miniseries.

I seem to remember that this series was pushing literacy education a lot.

Please help me!

Thanks so much!!!

Registered User Capt. Spaulding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsinj View Post
    Okay, here's one I've been racking my brain about for about two weeks now. A few years ago, I went to see this movie with my dad. What I remember about it was that it was based on a Philip K. Dick novel and starred Dennis Quaid as the main character and he was on the run from the government because he had special powers or something like that. Any help?

I think this is the movie 'Next' with Nicholas Cage as the main character who can see a few minutes into the future and is being looked for by the FBI to stop a terrorist attack.?

San Francisco Time Travel?

This has been driving me crazy for years -- trying to remember a movie I saw when I was a kid, I'd guess it was probably made in the early 70s. All I remember is a guy going back in time to what might have been San Francisco at the turn of the century. I think it may have been San Fran because there was a huge fire at the end and they were dynamiting buildings to make firebreaks & stop the spread of the flames. The woman he'd fallen in love with ran into one of the buildings to get a kid who was trapped inside and the building got dynamited. It ended with him in a graveyard in the present day looking at her decades-old gravestone. One thing that occurred to me is that it might have been not a movie but an episode of "Time Tunnel," but I doubt it because I seem to remember it ended with a freeze frame of the cemetery & "Time Tunnel" never ended on a freeze frame.

Quote Originally Posted by k8lyn View Post
    omg!! i used to watch this movie when i was little...90s and I cannot remember what it was called!! I know it has the song 'john jacob jingleheimer schmidt' in it and a lot of other song similar to that. it had this lady who lost her colored stripes and had to get them back with the help of two kids who lost their dog... i'll think of more stuff later but please help!!!!
    I loved that show! I think it was called "Wee Sing in Sillyville"

Need Help Remembering Title of an Animated Film or TV Show from the 1970's (?)

First time here, hope I'm doing this right, sorry if not, hope to get the hang of it soon enough!
    I have like no information just a vague memory of this really scary animated film or tv show I saw on television when I was about 5-6 (early 1970's?)... I think it was meant to be scary because it scared me silly - strange then that I have no memory of the story, just this one character that might have been transformed into this weird little creature with... and here even this memory is vague... big feet and freaky hair and what appeared to be no real body. It was just freaky... and this character was mean and nasty and it was very dark - the landscape strange. I would love to know what it is... wish I had more details to go on... hope it triggers something in someone! Thanks!

hey sopronababe

I'm pretty sure the show your are talkin about is called UNder the unbrella tree it was on disney. nobody belived me ethier lol. o you can aslo look it up on youtube to prove to people

Quote Originally Posted by luvmybugs08 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the show your are talkin about is called UNder the unbrella tree it was on disney. nobody belived me ethier lol. o you can aslo look it up on youtube to prove to people
    I agree, I remember watcing this show, It had Iggy the Iguana as one of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by landpirate97 View Post
    #1: I think its British a movie in the 80s or early 90's where a Boy Goes into a portal a swirly portal I think and then he turns into an annimated boy and some wizard or something teaches him math as he goes through this adventure and theres a spot with a ton of crazy stairs and he has to move a pile of sand with a pair of tweezers.
    I remember this movie vividly and am also trying to find it. I'm almost positive it started in a bedroom or something with a huge wooden crate. When he enters this other world, he meets a watch dog--a dog with a clock tied around his neck. I think they drive around in a red convertible for a while.

I also remember the math wizard, and the sand and tweezers. There was a part where the kid sits down to dinner and delivers a speech of some sort and then has to "eat his words." Also, there was something about moving water using a tiny eye dropper.

Seriously wish I could remember any of the characters names from this >.> Anyone have any ideas?

Ok so I don't have a lot of details to work with here but I have these vague memories of this movie I saw when I was a kid probably sometime about 15 years ago. So I think the main character was a boy, and somehow he ends up in this fantasy world and is befriended by some sort of creature. Iremember there being a lot of trees...I think the creature can fly or something, or at least he carries the boy on his back at some point? I think the antagonist is an evil woman, she may live in a fortress or something? ...there's not a lot to go on here but if anyone has any suggestions...
    Thanks!

Thumbs up

The above sounds a lot like The Never Ending Story.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The above sounds a lot like The Never Ending Story.
    I'd agree with that.

I remember this movie vividly and am also trying to find it. I'm almost positive it started in a bedroom or something with a huge wooden crate. When he enters this other world, he meets a watch dog--a dog with a clock tied around his neck. I think they drive around in a red convertible for a while.
    Sounds like the Chuck Jones film, The Phantom Tollbooth. (link to the original book HERE; the film HERE.)

Mark
    Mark

Yes that one is definitely Phantom Tollbooth. It's based on the book by Norton Juster. Great movie but great read too.